Chapter 148: Stealing and Distracting
200 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne walked out of the room. No one doubted him with his priest attire as he began to move to and fro the areas. Several deacons would even give him a respectful greeting.

He soon caught sight of the High Priest Zarrudo, the person that Landen identified. When Laden was an enemy, and if the Wizard Yudders didn’t appear, Landen's protocol was to inform this person.

But when Yudders appeared, he immediately ordered the group to be sent to Bishop Chrone.

So that’s High Priest Zarrudo. Head High Priest of the temple in the castle…” Dyne recalled the detail.

Zarrudo was also moving.

Dyne began to rush towards the High Priest.

High Priest Zarrudo! Please give this paper to Bishop Chrone! He said to compile this and give it to him immediately as it was an emergency. Just tell him that the new priest he reassigned here, Dyne gave it to him.”

The High Priest took the scroll and read it.

In the scroll were descriptions of certain men that he didn’t understand.

The Bishop is overstepping his boundaries. I’m in charge of all priests in the temple! I did not invite you! Go back to your room. I’ll deal with you later.” The High Priest rudely took the scroll and left.

So he was suspecting Bishop Chrone, huh. He feels like a nice guy. I guess I have to think of a way to really give these folks Vera Serus from Legaia. Maybe that can change their fate…” Dyne wondered.

He then took off and went to another room that he had asked from the group.

He headed towards the tower where several high-profiled wizards of the castle settled. Dyne had several strange objects, which he held to show the guards that the High Priest tasked him to give to the Wizard Yudders, who made a request earlier that morning.

Some of the Apprentice who was tasked to be guards stopped Dyne and Dyne had a confused expression as the wizard told him to deliver the items he requested.

But Wizard Yudders left hours ago.” The Apprentice argued.

He requested this to Bishop Chrone when he was going back. But Bishop Chrone found me wandering around the area and rushed at me, and told me to bring this item to his room. He also gave me this stone and said something about it being the key to enter?” Dyne held out a strange stone that was glowing brightly.

The Apprentice looked at each other.

If he’s lying, he’s dead.” The Apprentice answered.

Alright. I guess you’re right.” The Apprentice also nodded and allowed Dyne to pass through.

We’ll escort you. If you are lying, you’d be dead.” The Apprentice laughed.

Bishop Chrone also told me to make sure no one is looking when I put this object in that secret location,” Dyne added.

If you can get past the doors, we believe you and would shut the doors ourselves.” Another Apprentice added.

During the remaining time they were headed to the castle, Dyne had asked several important questions, including questions about how wizards lock their rooms. After all, their studies are the most critical place for them.

As Yudders outranked Ishreth, a battle man, he managed to purchase an even more superior room in the castle, which offered more amenities. Dyne also learned that the wizards and mages used a special lock system for entering the castle. It was used to create a magic key that could open as long as the mage could create the exact shape of the magic keyhole.

And like most mages, failure would create a powerful attack that would automatically attack whoever was trying to get into the wizard’s quarters.

Even if that person survived, the loud sounds would attract attention.

Dyne was led towards the place and saw the strange contraption on the door. There was a small hole in the door, and not even knobs were present.

The Apprentices kept their distance and motioned for Dyne to do whatever it was to open the door.

Dyne moved with a blank and almost clueless expression as he walked to the door.

The two apprentices looked with anticipation. They wanted to see how the door would attack Dyne.

Dyne extended the strange glowing stone and moved it near the keyhole. But while he did that, he channeled the power of Time and Brimstone together.

Dyne used his powers to somehow sense the mechanism that would resonate with the element injected. However, as Dyne was able to find other routes in the teleportation chambers and could easily use his masteries over time and space to get there, the doors looked extremely primitive to Dyne.

The doors suddenly opened.

Wow. Wizards are amazing.” Dyne praised.

The two apprentices who expected a large fireball to be hurled at Dyne were more surprised than disappointed.

This must be some crazy emergency. To think Wizard Yudders would give these keys to him!” The Apprentice marveled.

In truth, Dyne had Ishreth’s keys used it.

Sorry, guys. Bishops orders. I have to put it there…” Dyne closed the doors as he apologized politely.

As the doors closed, Dyne greedily looked around…

Potions, bookcases, scrolls, staves, and practically anything that looked important were taken. Even the many strange objects on the shelves were sucked into the Monster Hive.

I can’t wait to get back and sort through all this stuff!” Dyne was so excited that he had to mentally prepare for his exit and hide the ridiculous grin he wore.

Dyne then made his way out, and the two apprentices quietly led him back.

The moment Dyne left the tower, a familiar priest was there waiting.

Dyne.” The priest called out.

The Apprentices recognized the priest to be one of Bishop Chrone’s constant companions. It was Chantel.

Did you do it?”

Yes.”

Alright. Let’s go.” Chantel led Dyne away.

So… how was it?” Dyne asked curiously.

While he was doing his mission, Bishop Chrone, along with the others, did their mission.

They created a commotion that showed great urgency, and it drew a lot of important people.

Some high-ranking officials were curious and were alerted at this sight, and many began to talk to Bishop Chrone.

You were right. A lot of them revealed themselves. It was… shocking. I can’t believe that the king has these many allies. If it weren’t for Wu Kong, we would have been caught. I’ve listed the people who the Spirit Stone currently controls. We’ve confirmed two. But several others were very suspicious. So we can’t tell if they’re on our site or not.” Chantel explained.

It’s alright. I’m a good judge of character. So I’ll kill them if they’re guilty.”

Bishop Chrone is now meeting with all the allies of the king. Your time is now!”

Alright. As I said, I’ll be killing a few more than usual. I need to find the bodies that have the same height and build as these good guys you described to make the assassination look real.” Dyne took out another paper with descriptions of the height, build, and gender of some of the most trusted allies of King Ciroel.

The two finally entered an empty room in one part of the castle.

Are you ready, Chantel?” Dyne asked.

Yes.” Chantel gritted his teeth as he prepared for pain.

Dyne took out Grim and slashed Chantel to create a wound near his leg.

Chantel didn’t scream at the attack and bore the pain.

Dyne then channeled Brimestone energy and began to burn Chantel’s arm.

Chantel was trembling as he endured the great pain.

You’re brave. I promise to give you a Soul Weapon. I’m sure that forest has some Level 2 Vera.” Dyne smiled as he praised the courage of this priest.

The priest ignored Dyne’s words but was doing his best to endure the pain.

Dyne immediately left the room after taking back Grim.

He walked casually, and Chantel gave a painful and loud scream nearly a minute later.

Assassin! An Assassin! Help! Save me!” Chantel cried.

The guards rushed towards where Chantel was as they heard the cries.

They saw a bloody and burnt Chantel crawling on the floor.

Save me!” Chantel wept. All the pain he held back was being shouted now.

Call the Priests! We need to heal this! Alert everyone! An assassin is in the castle!”

Dyne had found another room and changed his outfit. He wore the dark outfit he was wearing and coated himself in darkness as he once again used Grim like a grappling hook to move from one rooftop to another.

He used his Eye of Destiny and moved to look for people whose fate was full of death and murders.

This one. This looks like it has the same body size as High Priest Zarrudo.” Dyne noted as he moved towards one of the guards who were standing alone.

Dyne used his experience and skill in his past life to creep behind the man and did a swift slash on the nape of the soldier, using Grim to kill the man instantly.

Dyne immediately took the slain man’s body and moved it inside the Monster Hive.

Things would have been easier if the Monster Hive could sustain human life. Ugh… How do I change it so that it can support human lives and not just soulless objects? Cheap God Strafe should have done that.” Dyne complained.

Strafe rolled his eyes and ignored the demanding assassin.

Dyne moved towards another location to cross the first person off the list.

7