Chapter 168: The Rewards of the Books
143 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne controlled the fire, which had the form of a ball in his hands.

Man, I really need to be Mind Cultivator so I can cast magic,” Dyne complained.

Strafe and Jedo felt like someone punched them in the stomach.

The Poison Spirit also felt the same pain that gave Strafe another day to live.

Those nearby watched in amazement at Dyne.

Master Dyne… That was amazing! Despite being so young, you’ve already reached great lengths as a Mind Cultivator!” Ishreth praised.

Oh. This is still Soul Cultivation. I haven’t started Mind Cultivating yet.” Dyne answered frankly as he dispersed the fire element.

The concept of dispersing was as hard as casting. Normal Mind Cultivators in Martsirt had an igniting power that created the element magic and used their mana to fuel it. But such magic could only be summoned and used. For fire, it meant that the only way to stop it was to cause it to explode. This was why knights made tactics to force a mage to cast magic and not have a target.

But Dyne didn’t just disperse the energy. Instead, he drew it back inside of him.

The mages Ishreth and Zehir could see the flow of mana and were so stunned that they couldn’t move, and it was as if their brain had short-circuited.

There was silence at Dyne’s answer.

Anyway, here’s an interesting book that you can study. I learned how to make fireballs using this book finally.” Dyne handed over the book to Ishreth.

Magi Herrak’s work!” Ishreth was amazed at the book.

This is a very rare book!”

Go ahead and study it. I still need to go over and study more books.” Dyne closed his eyes and began to retrieve and set aside the remaining books.

Dyne went over the books slowly. Finally, he decided to leave the books by Char the Evil for last as he knew that it would give him an incredible surprise.

Among the books was another book that startled Dyne.

The book was an inconspicuous book among the many things Nabal had. The memories he saw were that of a man that had a similar appearance to Arya Blaze.

It was Render Blaze. And the book he had was a book on Blacksmithing and Metalworking.

Unlike the memories of the mage Herrak, Dyne took his time going through the memories of Render Blaze, as this was a field that Dyne had no experience in. Although he had ideas about these two fields from his former life, it wasn’t as detailed as cultivation.

Render Blaze was not just an ordinary Blacksmith. He was an Enhancer, a blacksmith who could add and imbue magic on weapons with jewels, cores, and other power sources.

The assimilation of Render's knowledge was a long process as his knowledge was vast. However, the book had such passion and remnant soul that it was at least five times greater than the book Herrak used.

Soon, Dyne figured out why.

The memories turned into a series of weapons and items that amazed Dyne.

Arya had always wanted to be an Assassin class. And his father was very supportive. He wanted her daughter to have the best and even devised an ingenious armor to help her daughter achieve that.

The memory from that book had swords, daggers, throwing knives, bows, and a ninja garb that, unlike anything, the likes of Martsirt had never seen. The book itself didn't have this information. Render wrote the book and only revealed a small portion of his true creations, which would be Arya's legacy. But with Dyne's power, this all allowed him to see it.

Arya…” Dyne suddenly called out.

Lord Dyne?”

Dyne then revealed the book.

Your father really loved you. Through this book, I managed to meet with him. Although I can’t bring his soul back, I can create the legacy equipment your father made.”

Wha-What?!” Arya trembled.

I thought you simply took the Assassin class to get revenge. Was this a dream of yours? From Render’s heart, I could see that he worried about you. He knew that with the knights' powers, durability, and strength, the Assassin class had been steadily declining in Martsirt to the point that no one wanted that job. Render was trying to break that by crafting tools that will help you. And he succeeded. I can add on to his dreams.” Dyne spoke, and then he closed his eyes again and continued to meditate.

Arya couldn’t help but tear up.

Render… I will never forget this knowledge. With this and the knowledge that Calamitus Slime had regarding alchemy, I can create guns or bombs that work!” Dyne smiled.

It took a full hour for Dyne to complete his meditation. He then finally opened his eyes and handed the book over to Arya and silently brought up more books and began to switch from one book to the other.

He found a very shocking book among the many books he picked up loitering in random areas.

What the fragment!” Dyne cursed out loudly and surprised everyone.

Is everything alright…?”

No-Nothing.” Dyne shook his head, immediately concentrating on the book, and read the title.

Monster Lores and Legends by Sammy Oak.” Dyne read the cover. The reason why he was so stunned was that the book had a very familiar intro. Dyne dove back in to meditate.

Hello there! Welcome to the world of monsters and legends! My name is Sammy Oak! People call me the monster professor!” The image of Sammy Oak talking to the mirror to prepare for his speech was shown. He had to do this talk repeatedly that he wrote in his book and would use this standard opening when teaching his knowledge in classes or seminars.

This world is inhabited by creatures and monsters! For some people, these monsters are captured and made pets. Others use them for fights. Myself...I study monsters as a profession. Now tell me, are you a boy or a girl?” Sammy would ask as he glanced at the mirror.

Strafe, watching this memory unfold, had his mouth wide open.

Are you freaking kidding me?!”

Hey. I’ve seen this before,” Jedo recalled one of the strange memories that Dyne had shown him in that dream. During Dyne’s many missions, he stumbled upon an interesting device scattered around the room of one high-ranking official in one extremely corrupt country. As the man was rather corrupt, Dyne had no qualms about stealing this device.

On that device was a small cartridge. And that cartridge was Pokemon Leafy Green.

Depending on your gender, your affinity, ability, and the possibility of taming certain monsters will change!” Sammy Oak continued.

What is your name? Mention student’s name and continue with grand promise.” Sammy read through his notes.

Your very own monster legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with your monster awaits! Let's go!” Sammy smiled.

Dyne began to look at the many memories of Sammy Oak.

One particular memory revealed Sammy's acquisition of a strange Monster hive. It was found by a trader who sold it to him, who thought of them as small rocks or fossils. But, of course, in the Scattered Kingdoms, beast taming was not as advanced, Monster Hive was practically unrecognizable, and only an expert who had been around animals discovered their uses. Moreover, unlike Dyne’s Monster Hive, the small round balls only gave a small room where a single monster could live.

Sammy Oak’s memories dove into how he was secretly a hero who stopped the destruction of his town through the power of his monsters which he kept in these Monster Hive.

He called the Monster Hive, Pocket Balls, as they were small round balls that could fit inside his pockets. As for his six rosters of monsters, he called them Pocket Monsters.

This is… Why didn’t I think of that?! I practically have a Pokeball right here! I should start catching monsters! But I need to be a Rune Master to tame them! After throwing a Pokeball at them, I will assail them with elemental attacks! They will struggle and try to break out of the monster hive!” Dyne plotted as he saw the memories.

He dug deeper, and Sammy Oak discovered something.

Monsters can also cultivate! Just as how humans can rise the ranks of Martial Cultivation, monsters undergo bloodline evolution or mutation to become stronger!” Sammy concluded.

It’s there! They can evolve! I can do it!” Dyne jumped.

Those nearby were giving Dyne a strange glance.

That’s it! The end goal of cultivation and mastering Mind and Soul... Is to be a Pokemon Champion!” Dyne concluded as he stood up and shouted. Suddenly, he sat down and began to whisper strange things as he immersed himself in the book.

Legendary monsters... Definitely!”

Leoric gave him a weird look.

I-ignore Master Dyne. He is like that. I guess all experts are very eccentric.” Jaden laughed.

As Dyne was reminiscing his memories, King Leoric had finally completed their plans and had already been discussing with his son about Dyne. As Jaden and his team had spent the longest time with Dyne, he was curious about his powers.

He can control the undead? Is that how he called Lachdagonan and Emera to his service?” Leoric went back to the topic.

We don’t know. But one thing we do know Master Dyne is not from here. He could be in a place far, far away and was simply thrown here by accident. His cultivation is weak, but his capabilities are frightening.” Jaden told his father.

Indeed. If he could awaken my inner powers, I don’t want to fight him. But this darkening and the madness that is trying to take over my mind is quite strong. I would have given in but fear that enigma, Dyne Valliant.” Leoric made a strange laugh.

Those nearby gave uncomfortable looks at each other.

I WANT TO BE THE VERY BEST! LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS!” Dyne sang from the explosion of emotions he felt. He could finally play that game. His pokemon glory days were short-lived, after all.

While Dyne displayed godly restraint in keeping it from his officials, he got attacked and shot in the chest on one mission. Although his Kevlar protected him, the cartridge that was hidden in one of the slots where he kept his knife got hit, and it got destroyed. Depression followed, and Dyne only found comfort in the animated series, which he only started a bit late in his life.

But now, it was possible.

Dyne continued to sing his heart out as tears dripped in his eyes.

Emera appeared on the side.

We are approaching the mines.” Emera reported but found a crazed Dyne singing.

Let young Master Dyne soak in his... eccentricity. I’ll handle the attack. Chrone, Ussylys, and Emera... Follow my lead.” Leoric stood up and ordered the caravan to stop.

He emerged from the caravan and could see the forces gathering.

Let’s make sure that no skeleton falls in this battle.” Leoric held a large sword and rode his personal steed, which Chrone managed to take away as they fled Martsirt.

The skeletons bowed at the sight of King Leoric.

Many of you are traitors.” Leoric laughed.

The skeletons trembled at his words.

But you will serve me. Whether in death or life. This is your punishment for thinking poorly of your king. I was a kind king to all of you, and you destroyed that trust. So now, I shall be a madman! On that mine are more soldiers, traitors, and rebellious knights who have vowed to serve me. Bring them back. They will all serve me, dead or alive!” Leoric laughed as he raised his swords.

The skeleton army began its charge.

More chapters on my Patreon. (Over a hundred more chapters to read!)

8