Chapter 173: The Balance of the Dyne’s Emotions
155 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The shocking revelation regarding Dyne’s true elemental temperament was still weighing on Strafe’s heart. But he had no choice. The Basileus Basileon must have known and chosen Dyne to carry this burden. Because Dyne’s definition of hedonism was wrapped, he never allowed himself to give in to evil powers.

Those born of the Dark Fire were so obsessed with their desire to be rulers and the strongest that their entire culture circulated on strength. Hence, the Afarit was cruel even to their children. In some cases, the older Afarits allowed their sons and daughters to devour them if they were worthy or had a shot to be the strongest.

The other Dark races were wrapped in their twisted desires. And those of the Dark Brimstone were always beings of legendary, horrifying, and terrible reputation. Those who cultivated sainthood would even cause planets to collapse. In most cases, the alliance of the Light would go out and hunt these beings.

And here was Dyne. A cultivator of Dark Brimstone temperament.

The more darkness gathered around Dyne, the more he should have turned into a maddened state.

But Dyne kept his eyes wide open the entire time, and the Brimstone's power that limited the corruption did not drop.

The Afarit was allowed to absorb a huge chunk of this energy, and it reached a point that it could even clearly see what was happening around him.

He saw and shivered at the two creatures that were there.

The large Grim was slowly changing its very body. The darkness that held the entire room began to change. Howls of strange power began to echo out. The vast amount of Mist triggered the power that was sealed in Yami.

Suddenly, a bright Brimstone shone out and drove the darkness away.

Jedo. Focus. Don’t give in to the Mist. I want a Ra-Seru. Not a Sim-Ra-Seru hybrid.” Dyne chastised. He looked angry at Jedo’s failure.

Ye-Yes…” Jedo apologized in embarrassment and continued to bear the pain as he slowly focused on rebuilding the body. The terrifying darkness was calling him to engulf the entire space and give in. The hatred towards Strafe was building as the rebellious nature of Rogue was trying to take hold of Jedo’s consciousness.

This is the darkness… that consumed you…?” Jedo wept. He could feel the powers that had plagued and wrapped Yami into becoming the homicidal Ra-Seru that wreaked havoc all over Legaia.

Wow. She’s quite strong. I guess in this world, your level ten form of reviving all Genesis Trees isn’t the limit, is it? I guess you could eventually become a being that can move and act independently and have the strength close to gods.” Dyne smiled.

Jedo. Are you even trying? Hmm… I guess it’s rough being a Ra-Seru. You aren’t used to new emotions, are you? I understand now how Ra-Seru’s are limited to one element. You don’t have the emotional temperament since your levels of emotion differ from humans. But I guess it’s more of a lifestyle issue. You guys don’t mingle and talk to each other. You don’t get bored. You only have this dominant emotion that drives you and causes you to be who you are. I bet meeting humans must be quite a change. Meta saw the life in Rim Elm and must have developed emotions that made her more human in how she treated Vahn. Terra’s free-spirited attitude must have changed because she became a parent. And Ozma already had Meta and Terra to show him the ropes.” Dyne deduced.

But you… you only saw cruelty and greed in that forest. I bet meeting me and spending time with me is awakening you to new emotions. After all, you were used to living a lifestyle that no human could comprehend when you were in Noaru Valley. So you guys don’t really go through the emotions that humans experience. And that locks you up to one emotion. So how did it feel that someone so greedy and selfish like you would fall in love?” Dyne chuckled.

Jedo tried to resist the darkness when it suddenly brought him back to clarity.

Did she beat you? As the Ra-Seru of darkness, she was still that of the light. She was the one that would punish and chase after the Ra-Seru, right? Did she beat you up?”

Jedo was beginning to recall it. And Dyne took advantage of it. By recalling it, Dyne pulled it out of him as they were both immersed in darkness. Then, Dyne used this darkness to sift the memories.

And then, he displayed it using the Imaginarium Bond.

The battle took place in the far regions in the world of Noaru Valley. It was a place full of strange monsters.

Jedo’s features did not have dark wings and a grim-like form. There were no skeletons in his chest. Instead, his figure had a human-like torso with no legs. He had a large blue lizard-like head with a long neck and two large arms with three large fingers each. He was lying down o the ground and had many cracks all over his body. Above him was a four-winged creature with a torso and head that looked like a woman. Her legs were like an alligator's tail, and she held a large scythe.

That was fun! Let’s do this again, shall we? I decreed the punishment of fifty fights. So you better train up, Jedo! We’ll meet again in one year!” The winged creature laughed.

Fifty times they fought. And it wasn’t only until the ninth time did Yami had trouble fighting Jedo.

You’re quite strong! That Ozma didn’t stand a chance when we fought. And Horn’s just too strange. But with you, I actually have fun! I really look forward to our next battle!” Yami laughed.

At the sixteenth battle, Jedo finally won.

Yami was lying on the ground, and Jedo was hovering over with his scythe in hand.

You…! How could you have the power of darkness?!” Yami cursed.

My powers and yours are quite similar on many fronts. So it’s my win, Yami. Am I the strongest among Ra-Seru’s now?” Jedo laughed.

I’ll get you next time!”

The next battle was Jedo’s loss. And so was the one after. But Yami lost five consecutive times after that.

The two became friends and met, even though there was no reason.

It was there that Jedo fell in love.

What a touching story. But now, despite her sadistic and cruel means, this woman you loved is an empty shell. Driven by mad desires to kill. She forgot your love.” Dyne laughed.

Jedo’s emotions are ragged. His greed surfaced.

That’s right! Don’t let go of your greed! Remember Yami when you fight the darkness! Remember that she is being tortured! Don’t you feel sad? You’ve been living all these years in painful darkness, but Yami has been living all the more! You never felt the Mist because you hid inside a Genesis Tree! But Yami is made of this pain! This sorrow! Use that sadness! Don’t reject it! You have always been pushed into that emotion of depression, and you have kept crying for your weakness since you met me. It may be a different emotion for a being like you, but don’t toss it aside! Use the sadness! Solidify your Water element! You managed to develop Darkness because you learned what cruelty is! Use the Mist and resist it by understanding sadness!”

So he understands…” Strafe realized it.

As expected. He knows. What a genius.” Strafe shook his head. It took a long time for cultivators to master and understand the laws of cultivation, and it took a long time to see the link between emotions and elements. But not only did Dyne know of it, he knew how to use it.

Out of your greed, allow joy to guide it! The greedy nature you have must be guided by the desire to have joy and gladness once she returns! So out of your sadness, let the joy of being reunited be the beacon of hope! And let’s throw in a bit of love to perfect it!” Dyne smiled.

The power of the Imaginarium Bond surged.

It brought out the emotion of Light.

Love appeared.

Love for the world that was created in the Imaginarium Bond. Love for the Cultivation World is full of games.

The hedonist was indeed guided by his desire to pursue his happiness. Still, he could no longer live a hedonistic lifestyle without loving those in the Imaginarium Bond and those characters who came alive from the games he played.

The eruption of emotion affected Jedo.

The Afarit was amazed. The entire space around them was changing. There was something happening to the maddened darkness.

Strafe noticed it as well.

They can produce it! The pure Evil of Calamitus guided by love!” Strafe watched. Only Calamitus, the Slime God, acquired this power. And that was because their master showed him great love. The cruelty and evil of his heart were redirected. They no longer wanted to hurt randomly but were extremely cruel to their enemies. That was because Calamitus learned to love.

Strafe watched and could not help but feel strange.

Cultivators challenge the heavens and learn the power of emotions and feelings. But that is often times the last leg to reaching true power. Cultivators strengthen their bodies, mind, and soul. But when you become a saint, your powers will slowly be more and more dependent on your emotions, and it becomes the last hurdle to become a true god. Yet, the strange and relative realizations that are formed through enlightenment are what cultivators need to find true power. Yet he has it now. He has balanced his hedonism and love! What a genius!” Strafe praised.

With the strong surging power that brought love, Jedo began to take in the darkness.

Slowly, the power was gathering around Jedo, and the broken shell of the Ra-Seru Yami also flew toward Jedo. A cocoon of pitch-black color covered Jedo.

Dyne smiled.

And his smile was a look of excitement.

STRAFE! I LOVE YA MAN!” Dyne shouted.

Strafe was caught off guard.

That Skull in Jedo’s Chest! It’s Skullgreymon, right?!” Dyne shouted with passion.

More chapters in my Patreon!
Do check out my other stories.
Contracted in Webnovel:
-New Game+ (Over 500 chapters as of writing 07/14/22)
-Ascension of the Nephilim (over 400 chapters as of writing 07/14/22)

In MegaNovel
Tales of the Slime Tamer- (over 150 chapters as of writing)

8