Chapter 175: How Can I Play?
129 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the mines had fallen into destruction, Dyne and his team had found all the foul rooms where dark and cruel experiments were done.

Everyone who looked at the scene was horrified. Some of the weaker-willed soldiers that joined and were among the living could not help but vomit.

King Leoric had an angry look.

These are my subjects! Such ruthless offerings should not exist in any kingdom! They that live and those that are dead must have a purpose beyond being used as some experiments! Those Serpentari will pay!” Leoric raged as he saw the inner makings that created the Mist.

The maddening of the Mine had caused many who served the Serpentari to be driven mad by the Mist that was created. It was through the Mist and Leoric’s call that these secret chambers were opened.

I see that this is the place which they use to create vampires.” Dyne noticed.

In any case, there is nothing left for us to gain here. All that is left is a stench of darkness, for even the souls of the torment have either been set free or called into the Mist. I took quite a lot of souls here. Their deaths will be used to enact our revenge." Dyne declared.

We have the count, King Leoric.” A skeleton approached and reported to King Leoric.

The number of men that joined our armies is sixty-four. Fourteen of which are now undead.”

This seems to be the limit of my power? No! A king should not need to have such burdens when calling people to service. I am still too weak.” Leoric frowned.

Dyne was shaking his head to the side.

Leoric had gathered an army of powerful cultivators, but he was still unsatisfied.

Boy, are these Entropy types so idealistic? I guess that's their temperament. Well, anyway, it is beneficial for us, so I guess complaining is useless.” Dyne sighed.

How are the state of mind of these soldiers?” Dyne asked as Chrone arrived.

I checked and healed those who are wounded. But, unfortunately, they are very troubled. I honestly think that many of them had already fallen insane. It’s as if they have another personality!”

Leoric’s demand for service corrupts their thinking. It also seems that aside from that, King Leoric has a way of actually degrading the mind of weak-willed men. This must be because of Entropy.” Dyne observed.

The soldiers that were alive stood, but many of them had a dazed expression. Others looked confused and afraid. But a few others had an annoying grin on their face.

We can try to purge a bit of the darkness later with my Brimstone. Of course, it will hurt, but hopefully, part of their sanity is restored..” Dyne nodded.

Hopefully?” Chrone asked again.

Bishop Chrone. These people are traitors in the first place. Having them fight in this state is actually better.” Dyne shrugged.

The Serpentari will pay for the madness and atrocities they have caused!”

In time, dear king. But, for now, organize your team to be teleported to the other side. Hopefully, Landen and that priest I asked to return are still alive and have not been attacked by Lazarus.”

Send me first,” Leoric ordered.

As you will, my King.” Dyne chuckled.

Dyne stood in the teleportation chamber and closed his eyes. As he did, he witnessed the numerous teleportation pads and destinations. Originally, Dyne could only sense a few of them. But now, he could sense over ten destinations!

I see. Thankfully, my orb is now full of mana from all those souls. I guess it should be enough to send the army there.” Dyne took a look at Jedo. With two Elemental Spirit Seeds, Jedo has already gotten such a powerful boost. The truth that Jedo could even sustain his current powers spoke of his talent in cultivation. Even Strafe was impressed at how this resurrected scoundrel manages to cultivate his current point as a Ra-Seru.

Jedo channeled the Dark and the Time/Space magic. He was no longer something that could only bring out a small portion of both, but he was a master of Time/Space and had a great affinity for darkness.

The teleportation pad lit up.

Leoric, Chrone, Jaden, and their respective group moved inside, and a group of twenty men was immediately teleported.

Nice. Now we’re talking! You finally got better in your control over time! Wow. I have two Ra-Seru’s for the price of one! This feels like a cheat!” Dyne laughed.

Jedo was stunned at the set of praises from Dyne. He didn’t know how to respond.

I feel like a real character in Legaia now. Except with some sick Gameshark codes. I have cheats that are for fun but don’t really make the game very easy and boring. Rather, it makes the game even more exciting!” Dyne added.”

“…” Jedo was silent, but there was a surge of strange joy in his heart from Dyne’s words.

On the second batch, Dyne allowed himself to be teleported as well.

When they emerged, they saw the group waiting, and Landen was also present along with the four priests that followed.

Landen. Good to see you alive.”

Lazarus did not send his men here, Master Dyne!” Landed immediately reported.

Good. I bet he's confused now. All the reports from the Serpentari must lead him to think that another Afarit is here. With the chaos and collapse of all the dark circles, they must be busy recreating it to heal the Afarit. I wonder if many of those dark practitioners were eaten. Our most optimistic hope is that they sacrificed Kong Apes to heal their master.”

It is my first time here. But I can sense that there is darkness far out in the distance. So you said we would be taking our time and not saving my son? May I know the reason?”

They are desperate now. If we attack now n this moment of nervousness, the Afarit may perform dark arts that will make us lose our son forever. However, with a little time, the Afarit can build up a little of his strength so that he won’t be so desperate when we attack. The mission will be an assassination mission. Many will stay outside and fight while a few will sneak inside.”

I see. You seemed to have already made plans. Who shall be the ones to move inside?”

Me, Jaden, Amorien, Chad, and Ishmoreth. Only the four of us.”

What?” The group exclaimed. Such a team contained so few of them!

It has to be them. If the Afarit sees an undead army, he will think it’s another Afarit controlling them and will become extremely cautious. He would be even warier if any powerful warrior began to appear inside his lair. But if it's four warriors that originally attacked this place and somehow survived, he will treat them with little worry. And that’s how the five of us attack them.” Dyne explained.

I see. So you want us to perform a siege.”

Yes. That way, we would minimize our losses. We don’t know what other battles will happen. While we did lie about another Afarit, the truth is that more of them exist now. The town of Merkley is facing a similar situation.”

True. We need to ensure minimal losses.” Leoric nodded.

I’ll go back and begin sending the remaining army. Make preparations to leave some of the men we gained from the mine attack to guard this place alongside Landen. We make it look like you attacked this place, and the survivors fled here. But the wizard Yudders did something to break the teleportation to stop the undead army from coming here. Of course, the real truth is that I’ll add some spells to distort the time. This must be done in haste. So when we teleport your men, get them out of there immediately. We don’t know when Lazarus’s scouts reached this place.”

Understood. We shall seek a hiding place.” Leoric nodded.

Dyne teleported back to the other end and swiftly sent the skeleton and undead army to the other side.

The skeletons already had their orders and formed ranks. Some began to talk to each other and praised the king, while others began to discuss the amazing power of the king.

It looks like their maddened state has lessened. Amazing. To think that after being exposed to such darkness, the king's resolve and control became more powerful. Now, this undead regained their consciousness and still feel the resolve of the king.” Dyne praised.

What are you up to? Everything you said to the Leoric was a lie. It was forced. You know very well that the Afarit has already gained control over the son of Leoric, and he cannot do anything to kill the young prince as he would die just as it was in Diablo! And why just Jaden and the others? You could have sent more men! Ardnula and the group could also join!” Strafe asked.

And even if you make a frontal assault, you can create Molotov cocktails, herbs, poisons that can knock everyone out in an instant!”

Oh, Strafe, and here I thought you knew me. Of course, I lied. If we attacked and massacred our way in like that, how can I play Diablo?”

Wha-what?!”

You’ve seen my true nature. I am a hedonist. Now I can finally get everything that I ever wanted. The Knight, the Archer, the Mage, and the Monk. I’ll treat it as if I’m playing Diablo Hellfire. I’m sure Basileos Basileon would have changed the terrain to become like that. Lazarus will be forced to stay with the Afarit and make more defenses by closing off the teleportation chamber here. Soon, I believe the cave we went to will have similar stages in the actual game.”

Your crazy!”

No. I’m just a nostalgic gamer.” Dyne laughed.

A little more info about the elemental temperament. The best way to illustrate it is through Hunter X Hunter. In the anime, you might remember that depending on the specialty of their Nen, they have certain personality traits.

So here is the general Temperament for the Elements. The first one is the 'Good' emotion while the other side is the 'Dark'. As already explained in previous chapters, Fire can become Passion. But if it's Dark fire then it becomes obsession.

Below is the Elemental Temperament from Light going round the Elemental Wheel to Brimstone. (Counter-Clockwise rotation)

Elemetal Temperament:

Light- Love (No Dark form)

Fire- Passion / Obsession

Lightning- Righteousness / Wrath

Entropy- Perfectionist or Idealism / Vanity

Wind- Freedom / Lawlessness or Sloth

Time/ Space- Greed / Protectiveness (Basically who Greed became in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, or in the Fullmetal Alchemist Manga.)

Dark- Cruelty (No light form)

Water- Sadness / Compassion

Ice- Hate / Correction, Rebuke

Metal – Apathy / Tolerance

Earth- Pride, Confidence/ Jealousy

Brimstone- Joy / Hedonism or self-centered happiness seeker.

6