Chapter 180: Legaia Again
303 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Little brother? What is this?” Rena asked.

A stone that will help Jedo cast a spell. Think about it this way. Are there spells you can’t cast because the mana you need to cast is so high?”

Yes.”

Jedo is a Dark and a Time and Space Soul Weapon. But right now, the power I need to send me to my world is greater than what he can produce. So this stuff will help me.”

The Wizard Ore was the miraculous material that accompanied the Afarit’s soul when it was traveling great distances in the form of a meteor. Dyne theorized that these rocks also created an environment for the Kong Apes to acquire magic through these rocks.

With the wizard ores being covered in fire, ice, earth, and other elements to make the journey possible, the resonating power may have caused the Kong Apes to develop the power easier.

Wish I had them. I bet they’d be great magic Materia… Or maybe use GF ability to convert these wizard stones into an ‘aga’ spell...” Dyne sighed.

It’s either Final Fantasy VII or VIII. Make up your mind!”

Why not both?” Dyne laughed.

Materia for my main team, and the minions can stockpile these Draw spells for use!”

You’re making that expression again in front of Rena.” Jedo warned secretly.

Oh right! Thanks! Now that I think about it, Jedo, you're my wingman.”

What the fragment?” Jedo cursed. He was a Ra-Seru! Not something that helps him pick up girls!

Dyne turned his attention to the wizard Ore.

The particular set of wizard ore that Dyne took had Time/Space magic in it as it was exposed to very high-tier magic that bent the space from afar, far planet.

But Dyne held on to it. He then started to harness the energy.

Strafe. I can feel that these stones can actually amplify the power of magic. This should allow me to go to Legaia without needing to use your powers, right? I can guess the energy needed based on the time you took me out of Legaia.”

You can… guess?” Strafe was amazed. Dyne could gauge the amount of energy needed based on experiencing it once?”

Am I right? I feel these stones should be enough to make two portals.”

You are. We have enough stones to create an ore formation here and another one in Legaia. This way, people can move in and out as long as the formation is there. But right now, with Jedo’s current powers, we have to affix the locality of where they teleport out.”

Meaning, you want to make a permanent location for the teleportation to work, right? I sort of thought of that already. Jedo will be using his powers, and I want to make it easy for him that he won’t expend a great amount of mana in each transfer. So the best way is to chart a path. Am I right?”

Correct again. You seem to have grasped the powers of Time/Space well.”

You’d have to thank Calamitus for that. I took inspiration from his place when He charted a path and created beacons through his other incarnation. It seems that if a beacon is made, it makes teleporting easier. In this case, since there is no interference, by creating a road, traveling back and forth, Legaia would require only half as much as the first time.”

It’s actually more than that. You only need to spend 1/4th of whatever amount you need to cast. If Jedo awakens more Genesis Trees, he can keep the portal active for longer so that more can move in and out of Legaia. Like an army of undead.”

Right. Attacking the Mist Generator should be difficult as I would need to cross through many monsters. And I’m sure that whatever Calamitus did will make the attack far harder. So I’m thinking ahead! That’s why I decided this secret hideout will be where the armies can move in and out by creating a fixed location to teleport.”

Dyne began to tinker with the stones.

Strafe was curious to see if Dyne could get it.

Hm… This feels wrong. I need the energy to go in a circle manner if I want to create a portal to the Imaginarium Bond.” Dyne continued to arrange the stones and suddenly took out some tools and began to make marks and engravings on them.

Huh? How did you know?!” Strafe was shocked.

It was all over the palace of that Calamitus God. I could see the energy being compressed in that palace because of these words. Are these some sort of powerful runic words similar to the lore in Brigandine?”

Well… Yes. Brigandine’s application to create power is one of the more powerful forms. But it’s actually using words that shaped this universe. So it’s very rare that you can draw it properly. You are even harnessing the right way of imbuing Time and Space magic in it. So you have some memory there.”

Dyne completed the markings, and the energy the stone released was stronger.

Wow. These words are powerful. If the Afarit had it, he wouldn’t have any problems even if I disrupted his teleportation.” Dyne laughed.

The rune words are powerful things. So I decided Brigandine to be the world where you learn it. But as usual, you got things in advance.” Strafe laughed.

Dyne finally completed the markings.

Rena. Arya… Get ready. We will be going in a bit.” Dyne smiled.

Gyoro and Ururun bolted and wrapped its body around Dyne.

Jedo. Can you send us in?”

I can. But I can only teleport us to a high sky. The Mist interferes with my power now…” Jedo frowned.

The Mist? Strafe? What happened?” Dyne frowned.

Strafe sighed.

It’s Calamitus. The little gift he sent in the Imaginarium Bond alters Legaia and all other worlds. The Mist in Legaia is now more powerful than Cort, and his team managed to improve it. And his using the Mist to move back and forth and across all the other birthing worlds of Breath of Fire and Brigandine. Jedo can’t send you in because the Mist has Time and Space attributes making it difficult to create a portal on.”

I see. Considering I still have grappling hook tools, I will survive the fall. Alright. Jedo. Send me to Noa.” Dyne smiled.

Noa?” Jedo asked again.

Yes. In Legaia, Noa is in a large underground cave hidden inside a large mountain with a large hole on top of the mountain, which was just high enough that the Mist can’t move inside. Drop me there. Right in that hole and towards Noa.”

So in the hole of Snowdrift Volcano.”

Oh! Is it a dormant volcano? Well, that makes sense.” Dyne realized.

It’s possible. I’ll be dropping you off from the lowest point.”

Dyne then stood up and turned to the two. Arya and Rena had been listening to Dyne talk and could only hear Jedo and Dyne. But they knew that there was another mysterious entity that Dyne was talking to.

As you heard, Jedo can only drop me off the sky. So we will be falling down, and we need to use our grappling hooks to survive the fall. Arya, can you manage that?” Dyne asked.

Yes. I can also carry Rena, so you wouldn’t have to worry.” Arya smiled. A strange glint in her eyes appeared.

Oh… Erm… n-no need to do that. Rena can stay with me. You might not have mastered how to use that while carrying another person. I can carry Rena.”

I insist, Master Dyne. It’s not worth it if you begin to carry heavy objects as you fall. I am a Martial Formation expert, and I can carry her without any problems.”

Rena’s eyebrows were raised at the heavy object comment of Arya.

Well… That… I have Grim, and so it’s relatively easier for me…”

Yes. Besides, I don’t feel safe around the arms of an assassin. Seeing as you’re taller than me, you are surely heavier than me, and that might cause your unskilled arms to miss. So I think it’s better if I stick with little brother Dyne.” Rena approached Dyne and gave him a hug.

Arya’s expression changed as she saw this.

Oh boy.” Dyne could not help but start to sweat. He knew that if he didn’t answer correctly, his romance points with either Arya or Rena could drop.

Ho-how about I hold on to both of you? As they say, a chord of three strings, right?” Dyne suggested.

Idiot.” Strafe shook his head.

How greedy.” Jedo also shook his head and gave his assessment.

Little brother, thats…”

I agree.” Arya smiled.

You… agree?” Rena was stunned.

She agrees?!” Jedo and Strafe was stunned.

Arya suddenly moved closer and stood right in front of Dyne. She was taller and two years older than Rena. And she had a bigger advantage. With the two hugging Dyne, Arya knew this was the time that Dyne could compare.

Well? What are you waiting for?” With a flick of her hand, the chain whip wrapped around Rena and pulled her closer.

They were both hugging Dyne, and Dyne’s head was right at that crucial spot.

Ara ara…” Dyne muttered unintentionally as he felt them. But unlike those who would say these words using the usual cute and playful tone, Dyne spoke it in a very embarrassed voice.

Jedo and Strafe were amazed at how Arya reacted.

Is this his cursed luck? Was all his lack of luck on Earth meant for him to enjoy heaven in this?” Strafe mumbled.

Rena realized the trap. She could immediately discern what Arya was trying to do. But Rena’s expression was that of bewilderment.

Little brother is just a kid! Why is she acting like this? Could it be that there are many mysteries behind little brother?” Rena began to ponder.

Master. We can start any time. But, since we will be falling from great heights, hug on tight and be more... comfortable.” Arya smiled.

I...I… I don’t think I can do- the grabbing- I mean grappling with these… I mean, with you two in the way. I- I- I can’t see.”

We can adjust our position so that you can see, Master Dyne.” Arya began to move around, shifting her chest to hold Dyne to get a better view while maintaining the tight hug.

Rena was shocked at this.

Le-let’s just go.” Dyne immediately raised his hands and pushed Arya back.

Erm… Goodbye Uncle… Auntie.”

Rena still had a confused expression but turned to her foster father and mother.

See you soon, Mom. Dad.”

I don’t know when we can get back. But we’ll be back as soon as I can establish a portal.” Dyne explained.

Al-Alright…” Lucas had an odd stare as Arya kept looking for the right position.

Ahem.” Trina coughed.

Go-Goodbye Master Dyne!” Lucas hurriedly added.

Dyne channeled the power of Jedo without saying anything else.

It was as if they were being sucked into a strange vacuum. Then, their vision went dark, and they saw the stars. And finally, they found themselves in the sky falling… falling down.

Dyne held on tight to the two girls, who also held tightly to Dyne. The sensation and the sudden appearance of the sky so high shocked them, and even they forgot what they were doing to Dyne.

Dyne maintained his focus and could see the large hole of Snowdrift Volcano.

Snowdrift Cave. Time to get my last Ra-Seru Hero… And a Pet wolf if I’m lucky…” Dyne smiled.

He was finally back in Legaia.


Here is what Snowdrift Cave looks like in game. 

1.jpeg?token-time=1661126400&token-hash=jpre4xsRCO3_DYQjyZfgjrttiPLqPbO6Qxuv41tza_g%3D

Back to Legaia!
We finally crossed the 300 chapters in Pa tre on with Volume 3, Battles in Legaia, coming to its close. Do check it out and read through all the battles in Legaia!
Volume 3 will also introduce another blue haired protagonist/Main character from another beloved franchise.

5