Chapter 182: Arms And X
153 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wild Arms was a unique Japanese role-playing game. Although it came out at the same period when the legendary Final Fantasy VII was released, Wild Arms managed to hold its own and garner enough fans that it sprung a game series.

The first game was so popular that it sprang into a series of games, and the original PS1 game was remade in PS2 as Wild Arms Alter Code: F.

Dyne loved this game more since the main protagonist uses guns which were named Ancient Relic Machine.

When Terra mentioned it, Dyne froze.

Wha-what did you say?!” Dyne ran and held Terra by the whiskers.

Did you say… Wild Arms?!”

What a nerd.” Both Strafe and Jedo said it this time.

Terra was startled at the insane pull of Dyne.

Ye-Yes.”

A freakin Wild Arm! THAT’S SO AWESOME!” Dyne exclaimed.

Where is it? Where is it?!” Dyne asked.

It’s… it’s deep inside the cave. There is a colony of Piura inside this volcano. I once explored the depths of this region for anything to help Noa grow. And in the depths of the cave was a treasure trove. There were inscriptions that I read. I was surprised at what I found. Jedo might be familiar with this name. Doctor Light!”

Dr. Light?!” Jedo and Dyne exclaimed together.

Dr. Light, that mad scientist who invented Wild Arms ages ago?!” Jedo was amazed.

Who is this, Doctor Light?” Dyne asked.

He was one of the most amazing humans to live in all of Legaia. While Biron was the one who cultivated strength, this Doctor Light was someone who was famous for his deeds. He was the one who spearheaded the creation of the Wild Arms and allowed humans to have the opportunity to fight the Serus. But Rem was against this since the start. The Evil God and the War God both saw it as a threat, and their forces kept harassing Karisto Kingdom. Biron had served and protected Karisto. But a new kingdom that Doctor Light created also stood. You should know this kingdom.”

Hm… So you’re saying… This Doctor Light created the Sol Kingdom!”

Exactly. Even I don’t know what happened after the great war. We’ve been asleep, but it seems that the power of Sol grew greater and stronger compared to Karisto prompting the creation of the Mist.”

Sol Kingdom?” Terra was confused.

The world has changed, old friend. To further continue with this story, I will have to share the details of erm… the history of this place.” Jedo spoke.

Suddenly, Jedo sent Terra a secret message.

Terra. This Master Dyne does not belong in this world. In fact, you could say that our world is created because of Master Dyne.”

What? What do you mean?”

He is Lord Tieg’s chosen champion. Lord Strafe lives in a world where gods like him exist by the multitudes. He created this world because he was dying, and he wanted to find a champion to train and send off to slay his enemies. Remember what Lord Tieg always said. We should train and grow, for our true enemies are mighty and strong. We believed it was those Monster Kings, but he was referring to beings like him!”

Jedo. Forgive my doubt. But… you left with Yami. What if…”

It is as he says, Terra.” Strafe finally spoke directly to Terra.

Lo-Lord Tieg!”

My champion is here now in Legaia. And you must help him. The truth is, I made the world of Legaia with the help of Dyne, as Jedo said. I didn’t plan to interfere, but with the changes and brutality that Calamitus left here, even I am starting to worry that this world could kill this freak!”

Dyne. You came here, right in time. The truth is, a week from now, Noa and Terra would have died. You already know what games I crafted to aid you in this.”

Of course. Doctor Light from Megaman! But seeing as he is already dead, this should be Megaman X!”

Exactly. The Wild Arms protocol that Light developed became something that everybody searched for. Rem wanted to eradicate all of it, fearing its powers would cause humankind to fall into a more wicked path with their greed. So doctor Light created several powerful Wild Arms, all of which are optional side-quests here in Legaia!”

Woah. So you mean… more of my allies can become Wild Arms users?!” Dyne was excited.

Yes. That’s not all. When you reach the world of Brigandine and become a Rune Master, you can control several Serus at once with the help of Rune power. Doctor Light’s legacy served as an opener for that world. You see, I destined Biron to be a powerful Soul cultivator in this world who achieved Soul Severing. But this Doctor Light was a Mind Cultivator who managed to complete his severing.”

What? He’s a Saint?”

Yes. Part of your side-quest is to find him. But, of course, I won’t tell you how to find Doctor Light!” Strafe teased.

It’s Doctor Usha! Mind cultivation! Doctor Light must have found a way to pass down his mind from one person to another! It’s definitely Doctor Usha!”

“…” Strafe was shut down as his secrets were immediately seen through.

As Dyne and Strafe continued to talk, Terra and Jedo were also having a serious discussion.

You mean, this world is based on literature that that man has in his real world?”

Yes. They call it video games.”

Ohhh… To think it would be like that… Then this Master Dyne should be our savior!” Terra smiled.

You’re not at all bothered by this?” Jedo asked.

Why would I be bothered? I’ve always been a created being of Tieg. So what does it matter to me for what purpose I was created? I have lived, and I am thankful.”

Damed Wind Cultivators! It seems that this carefreeness really runs in your elemental temperament!” Jedo cursed.

Dyne continued to rant excitedly and theorized how Mind Cultivation worked and that Doctor Usha would soon awaken Doctor Light in the supporting character, Doctor Usha.

Anyway… Since you already figured it out… Doctor Light spent his entire life studying Serus and managed to use Mind Cultivation to control soul beings.”

Woah. That’s possible?”

The peak of Mind, Soul, and Body will intersect. The higher you climb the ladder of cultivation, the more you will find these impossible things possible. Doctor Usha was based on one of the smartest beings in Alos Vasilous. And his reincarnation as Doctor Light only increased his might. I gave him visions of the games you played, and it inspired him to pursue and create unimaginable artifacts using the inspiration of your world.”

Oh right. You did say you cultivators lacked imagination.”

And this Light had it. You’re already expecting this, but I’ll say it. In Legaia, the most basic application would be these Wild Arms. But the final science of Doctor Light is the Mega Man. By incorporating several Serus into one body and merging with it, you can become like Mega Man X.”

Thank you, Lord Jesus! Hashtag, God’s Plan!” Dyne suddenly exclaimed.

Alright, gang! I’ve decided to acquire that Wild Arm! And we can’t delay! Let’s move!”

But Master Dyne… The Piura has begun to act weird. Normally, the Red Piuar would often move around the area. I even dug holes and would entrap them for food. But now, they somehow gained intelligence.”

It’s alright. We have Rena, who can cast spells as Horn could. And Arya’s pretty strong. Not to mention, you should have the ability to heal, correct?”

Heal? I do have healing shrooms from the Piura I killed.”

Oh right! Makes sense. You shouldn’t be able to heal in the traditional way you could in the game…” Dyne recalled that Terra could cast a healing spell in the game, but that didn’t make sense, and Strafe changed it to Terra using Healing Shrooms.

Let’s move out!” Dyne ordered and led the way.

Meanwhile...

When Dyne vanished, a lot happened in Biron Monastery. The lives and happiness of the people there grew day by day.

Every day was more hopeful than before as the progress that people had revealed. Even though their Patriarch disappeared, the monastery had never been so hopeful. This was because the many things that Dyne prepared and instructed to do were being accomplished.

The first was the plan to establish a link between Biron Monastery and Rim Elm. The people of Biron crafted a more stable and secure zip line made of chains and iron to fortify the zip line's weight.

Tetsu and several Monks traveled back to the area where the rope bridge was made, and they attached the new zip line.

Because of that, the group was finally able to create a link between Rim Elm and Biron Monastery.

Rim Elm rejoiced at the arrival of the Monks, and the Monks were amazed at how Rim Elm had transformed. A village of Gobu Gobu had moved in, and in the village, almost everyone had a pet Slime.

With Tetsu’s arrival, the group called out several Hunters to move towards the other side to aid in completing the many missions.

Gobu Gobu, who carried jars which the Green Slime would hide in, were sent through the zip line.

Soon, several Gobu Gobu had reached the other side.

Tetsu soon returned to Biron Monastery along with some Hunters, including Juno.

The tearful reunion of Juno and Maya became a source of celebration. Even Songi was happy seeing how Maya was reunited with the love of her life.

Maya had been like a mother to Songi, and he was glad that they met Dyne in that brief moment.

But this celebration soon changed. Along with the Hunters, the Gobu Gobu and the Slimes were Power Elixirs that Bertugo and Brod had.

Their trips to Drake Castle later involved more Gobu Gobu, and acquiring Incense and Power Elixirs was easy.

These Power Elixirs had already been harnessed, and so many of the non-monk residents slowly began to train in Soul Cultivation.

And this made Songi jealous.

6