Chapter 190: Soul Body
119 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The disappearance of Cyber Peacock was fast.

Arya followed as Dyne ordered and moved fast as she ran forward.

Dyne, however, remained standing and waited with Grim ready to strike. Instead, Dyne released a strange pulse of dark energy that was used to search out the fluctuations of lightning.

Suddenly, Dyne felt it as he could sense a bolt enter this dark pulse.

Dyne didn’t retreat and stabbed Grim like a spear straight towards the source.

A bolt of lighting connected with Grim.

BANG!

The figure of Cyber Peacock appeared at the tip of Grim’s spear.

ARGH!” Cyber Peacock cried.

Grim’s lightning core reacted with the lightning element, and through the electric magnetism of Grim, he was able to catch Cyber Peacock, who was in lightning form forcibly.

Gotcha!” Dyne laughed as he channeled Jedo’s darkness and sent the element to the tip of Grim.

KZZZZTTT!

But right as the dark energy reached Grim’s tip, Cyber Peacock’s body disappeared and became several bolts of lightning that scattered and disappeared.

Dyne’s expression turned serious.

I was sure I stabbed him,” Grim spoke.

I know. But he disappeared.” Dyne did the same energy pulse and noticed that the electric energy he sensed at first disappeared.

Dyne rushed towards Arya and immediately prepared a spell.

Arya,” Dyne shouted as he shot strange earthen energy.

Suddenly, a strange light appeared on the very ground right where Arya was.

Arya jumped and did her best to evade, but the appearance of Cyber Peacock somehow moved at the last second.

The lightning surged out, and the form of Cyber Peacock appeared as he rose to the sky with his strange peacock feathers extending out like swords.

Arya had jumped towards the earthen energy that Dyne shot out and the power of [Diggin!] covered Arya right before some of the blades struck Arya.

KZZZT! KZZZT!

Ah!” Arya shouted in pain. The blades struck her but were blocked by the earth armor that [Diggin!] created. But bolts of electric energy still assaulted Arya.

Dyne slashed Grim near Arya, and the lightning energy was absorbed.

Dyne hurriedly gave Arya a healing leaf.

Master Dyne. He appeared so fast...” Arya bit down on the leaf and watched the location where Cyber Peacock appeared.

Could it be that he really has the power of Cyber Peacock?” Dyne wondered.

Cyber Peacock was a digital being in Megaman X4. He was created to guard the Cyber Space, which was a digitalized world. Megaman X or Zero dives into this world to stop Cyber Peacock, whose programming was rewritten by Sigma.

But in Legaia, how was it possible for Cyber Peacock to reform and appear in his body and revert to lightning energy?

How can Cyber Space appear here in Legaia? No. He’s using lightning. But how is his energy disappearing and appearing once more?” Dyne frowned.

Suddenly, several bolts of lightning appeared and gathered at the center, and Cyber Peacock appeared once more and shot several lightning attacks at Dyne.

Careful! The attacks can follow you! Stay behind me!” Dyne warned and ran ahead of Arya. Dyne could tell that Cyber Peacock’s attacks were aimed at Arya.

Dyne began to use Grim to block the attacks that were sent.

KZZT! KZZT! KZZT!

Can you handle it, Grim?”

Don’t worry, Big Brother!” Grim bore the pain.

Dyne summoned another round of [Diggin!] and cast it on Grim as he continued to attack.

But suddenly, the bolts began to arc and curve to pursue Arya.

Arya began to retreat and dodge the attacks by jumping, rolling, and all other manners of evasion.

The lightning that struck the ground would suddenly shoot out after a few seconds.

Dyne flung Grim towards Arya, and Grim’s beak struck the ground right next to Arya.

KZZZT! KZZT! KZZT!

Grim suddenly became a lightning rod that absorbed the nearby lightning that was about to hit Arya.

Now!” Dyne shouted, and Grim immediately shot a firebolt toward Arya.

But at that moment, the ground under Arya glowed with intense light. Arya jumped as high as she could as Cyber Peacock appeared under her.

But a firebolt was headed for Cyber Peacock and struck him as he rose.

BOOM!

Arya focused all of her energy on her sword and stabbed down.

TING!

The sword made a dent in Cyber Peacocks' head and knocked him down.

Because of the attack, Cyber Peacock staggered.

Dyne was rushing towards Cyber Peacock, and Grim followed. Powerful fire energy was sent out by Grim and channeled to Dyne.

Hissatsu! Tornado Shoryu-Reppa!” Dyne blasted off and performed an upper-cut technique similar to Vahn’s Tornado Flame, which harnessed the flames, and used the movements and precise power of Ken of Street Fighter.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Each strike of Dyne’s uppercut created an explosive sound and sent Cyber Peacock flying further and further back.

Arya had fallen and retrieved her bow and arrow, and after Dyne’s combo, she immediately shot several attacks of explosive arrows toward Cyber Peacock.

BOOM! BOOM!

Stop!” Dyne suddenly ordered.

He’s no longer there.” Dyne frowned.

What? What do you mean, master-”

KZZZT! KZZZT! KZZZT!

As the dust settled, Arya realized that there was no longer anything to where Cyber Peacock was.

Lightning suddenly appeared on another side of the area, and Cyber Peacock appeared, lifting his hands and charging another round of lightning.

Cyber Peacock appeared, and his lower jaw was damaged. There were also some dents and marks on his lower and upper torso.

Suddenly lightning bolts began to shoot from the ground, and even the ceiling of the cave and Cyber Peacock was slowly recovering from his damage.

That hurt! You’ll pay for that!”

Is he really like lightning?”Arya frowned.

No. Look at the floor. Some of the rocks disappeared. This entire cave is full of Theeder bodies and Theeder souls. It seems that they killed quite a lot of Theeders. He is using the soul of these trapped Theeders to recover.” Dyne assessed.

Then what do we do?”

His true form is not that body. But a soul. There are two ways to hurt him truly. The first one is to destroy the Theeders. A bit wasteful, to be honest, but we have no choice. And the second way to hurt him is to hurt the soul. And right now, we need to do both. As long as those Theeders are there, they can cast lightning and provide Cyber Peacock the soul he needs. Arya, you take care of those Theeders. A single arrow should be enough with your strength.”

Dyne started to march towards Cyber Peacock, who had just finished reforming his body.

The feathers of the Cyber Peacock expanded and became three times longer.

Just like in the game,” Dyne noted. The previous attacks that Cyber Peacock had were all based on the game but were translated into a much harder and more powerful form in this battle.

The large wingspan of Cyber Peacock was glowing with electrical energy.

And it began to close on towards Dyne.

Instead of retreating, Dyne rushed forward.

Two Theeders were suddenly summoned out of the void, and along with Grim, the three blocked the large wing that closed on to Dyne.

It was like there was a small tunnel leading to Cyber Peacock. Dyne rushed forward and could see that a Cyber Peacock was about to shoot his tracking lightning again.

Die!”

No, you!” Dyne laughed and brought out his Brimstone power. It was similar to the astral projection that Dyne was dabbling in back when he was meditating in Drake Castle.

But this time, his soul moved out of his body and brought all the power of Brimstone.

You got... Soul Body!” Dyne announced it like it was in Megaman X4.

The purging Brimstone rushed forward with incredible speed.

Arggghhh!”Cyber Peacock was stunned and felt an intense pain in his soul.

By harnessing the power of his Soul, Dyne created an attack that was similar to the attack that was the weakness of Cyber Peacock in Megaman X4. The power ‘Soul Body’ made such a great impression on Dyne. Furthermore, it was an attack that existed in Megaman X4, but in line with its continuity, that attack also appeared in Megaman X5.

In the last stages of the Megaman X5, the player will be faced with the final showdown between X and Zero. If the player selected X, he would fight Zero and vice versa. Interestingly, X and Zero would both use Soul Body, an attack from Megaman X4, in that battle.

When Dyne had learned of his ability to force his Soul out, he had already thought of using his Brimstone element to replicate this attack but never got the chance to use it on an enemy. It was too weak and was overshadowed by his more powerful Street Fighter, Tekken, and Grandia skills.

But now, he finally found the chance.

The attack would not have worked on normal enemies. Even on Serus, this attack would be very ineffective. This was because most creatures have a body, and their soul is locked deep within. But for Cyber Peacock, which was moving through his soul, the attack was devastating.

The Brimstone purged him, and he suddenly lost the power to control his body.

Cyber Peacock’s body suddenly disappeared as it fled back to the Theeders around him.

It worked!” Dyne laughed.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Argh!”

Arya kept on shooting at the rocks on the ground, which she learned to be Theeder. And as she did that, a pained cry echoed out.

I’ll kill you!” The enraged and pained roar of Cyber Peacock echoed out.

Here are the attacks of Cyber Peacock in Megaman X4

The attack that Cyber Peacock used in appearing under Arya:

1.png?token-time=1674864000&token-hash=eZVntxj14dmEhSV56nLl6LRXFMOGdQGX9qWmFYr7QBg%3D

The attack of shooting lightning that can track and chase them:

1.png?token-time=1674864000&token-hash=GcVaD6fS0GeI1OD_XEWiWn7DEykrTq-Ra38ZTYJzxWQ%3D

The attack with the large wing: (In the fight he used the wing to flap at Dyne.)

1.png?token-time=1674864000&token-hash=mBGuvTzHmz8xognAwjUiXgIoQelz011IEMr9upgOLfM%3D

Finally, Soul Body. This version is the one Megaman X uses in Megaman X5 against Zero. (The screenshot below is if you use Zero and fight X as the last boss.

1.png?token-time=1674864000&token-hash=c5-qRkjijh2WJPLOlo3N1dCY6wuLzIgA2ni5M1RaIVg%3D

 

4