Chapter 192: Gamer Galore Combo Attack
118 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne gazed at Kokatorimon.

Too bad Jedo’s concentrating. Otherwise, I would cast Haste.” Dyne had ordered to prepare for certain magic. As such, Jedo was concentrating after communicating with the Chocobos.

He’s releasing energy. Just take some of the Time magic.” Strafe suggested.

I guess you’re right.” Dyne then began to pilfer some magic from Jedo. He could feel Jedo complaining, but Dyne already took it and activated Haste.

Prepare to die! My next attack will kill you!”

Dyne laughed and undid the remaining power of Diggin!

The rocky exterior collapsed. The Earthen power increased Dyne’s defense, but it also hindered his speed. Although his cultivation gave him the strength to easily carry the weight, the issue was his mobility, the height and speed of his jumps, and even his evasion of fast attacks.

Don’t make me laugh. Right now, I’m faster. You boast, but I haven’t forgotten that you have an incomplete form. You’re running out of Soul energy, right? Why else did you stop shooting when you had the chance? You’re conserving the energy of your attacks. How many more times can you do that lightning-fast travel, I wonder?” Dyne taunted back.

Enough to kill you!” Kokatorimon bolted like lightning.

But as he appeared and kicked, Dyne was so fast that he had already circled around Kokatoriimon. He then began to channel more energy to Grim.

Haste only worked for a few seconds as Dyne, but it was enough for Dyne.

Kokatorimon bolted once more and gave a powerful peck, but Dyne evaded once more. Haste was about to end, but Dyne's preparation was already complete.

Gadwin’s Secret Move! Dragon King Slice!” Dyne stabbed Grim down to the earth.

BOOM!

A massive explosion of Brimstone and earth kicked dirt and dust off the ground.

Kokatorimon’s form appeared, but the explosion caused it to retreat.

As Grim’s head was stabbed down to the earth, its body suddenly bent over, and Dyne was folding the other end. And like a catapult launching a projectile, it threw Dyne towards Kokatorimon.

Dyne had harnessed a lot of Spirit energy on his fist, and it was covered in a layer of [Diggin!]

Shootings Stars!” Dyne performed the fast flurry of punches that Claude of Star Ocean 2 could do.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Each punch created a powerful, resounding sound like two rocks striking each other.

The body of Kokatorimon was surprisingly hard for its bird-like form. But Dyne expected this as Kokoatorimon was using the souls of a Theeder.

BOOM!

Kokatorimon suddenly screeched, and a wave of fire erupted that threw Dyne off.

Dyne stumbled back.

Kokatorimon opened its mouth and aimed for Dyne as he was about to attack.

Dyne didn’t move but smiled as he saw it.

Right before the Wild Arm could shoot...

BOOM! BOOOOM!

Grim launched a fireball attack and created a huge explosion in the mouth of Kokatorimon.

AHHHHHH!” The pained cry of Kokatorimon resounded as it stumbled down. The beak of Kokatorimon was distorted from the explosion.

And right before it could move...

Rising Dragon King Punch!”

BOOM!

Another explosion full of Brimstone and earth energy exploded on the chest of Kokatorimon.

Grim suddenly flew like a fireball as it performed the standard Burning Attack that the Gimards could perform in Legend of Legaia.

BOOM!

The attack threw Kokatorimon backward. It tried to escape and use its lightning escape, but suddenly...

KZZZT!

Strange magnetic energy forced it to stay where it was.

No!” Kokatorimon realized that it was because of Grim.

Now!” Dyne shouted.

Jedo concentrated on creating a long-ranged portal.

A portal appeared behind Kokatorimon, and all the Chocobos suddenly rushed inside.

Choco/Mog Materia!” Dyne laughed.

The Chocobo that guided Dyne was the first to attack. With its body that was covered with Spirit, it made a reckless tackle toward Kokatorimon.

SMASH!

Kokatorimon was knocked back.

But another Chocobo tackled on the other side.

SMASH!

Being careful to avoid Grim which was still latched on Kokatorimon to prevent it from escaping, the Chocobos delivered a round of attacks.

Hm... I guess this should be called Chocobo of the Round.” Dyne laughed.

So that’s what you meant by solo fight!” Strafe finally understood what Dyne meant.

He was confused about why Dyne wanted to fight solo but ordered Jedo to tell the Chocobo to prepare for an attack. In Dyne’s gaming mind, he simply used the Chocobo summoning materia in Final Fantasy VII. And while even Arya and Noa were present, Dyne still considered it as a summon.

But instead of the usual Choco/Mog attack where the Chocobos are summoned to perform a single tackle, this attack consisted of consecutive tackles, and Dyne renamed the attack to Chocobo of the Round, which was the combination of Choco/Mog Materia and the strongest summon materia in the game, Knights of the Round.

The consecutive attacks of the Chocobo were causing Kokatorimon to show cracks, and even some parts of its body had already dispersed. But it could not retreat and recover from the attacks.

Another Chocobo charged and made a low tackle causing Kokatorimon to stumble down.

Lizard Tail!” Noa rode one of the Chocobo and used her Arts, Lizard Tail, which was a forward somersault with a powerful stomp.

SMASH!

The head of Kokatorimon was dug deeper into the ground.

"I did it!" Noa cheered as she retreated and successfully bought more time for Arya.

Arya had jumped up high and prepared her attack.

FWIP! FWIP! FWIP! FWIP!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

She launched four arrows as she was falling down, tossed the bow, and drew out her two blades.

STAB! STAB!

Two stabbing attacks occurred.

KWEEEH!”

Another Chocobo rushed by and stomped at Kokatorimon as Arya rode it to escape.

Grim detached itself and joined Arya as it clung to the Chocobo.

A Theeder had already finished preparing its attack. Jedo had immediately summoned it, and while the combo continued, it began to charge and fired the attack. Kokatorimon couldn’t even recover from the cover when the Turning Laser struck it.

KZZZZZZTTTT!

The laser dug deep into Kotorimon’s body, and the electric attack was preventing it from escaping.

Arya. That blow was amazing. But I’ll show you a real finishing blow.” Dyne laughed. Grim had shot back at him, and a Theeder was standing behind Dyne.

This time, Dyne summoned this Theeder. But instead of charging the laser, the Theeder began to empower Grim with the lightning.

The lightning energy gave massive lightning energy to Grim.

Brimstone, Earth, Fire, and Lightning gathered on Grim.

In the game Grandia, Justin, the protagonist, learns the Dragon Cut or the Dragon King Slice from Gadwin, a master swordsman who joins them for a short period in the game.

But Justin can learn an even more powerful attack by the end of the game, which bears a striking resemblance to the Dragon Cut.

With all the elements he harnessed, Dyne could now imitate the attack.

Prepare yourself, Wild Arm!” Dyne rushed forward, and with Grim taking its halberd form, he slashed down.

Heaven and Earth Cut!”

SLASH!

Dyne slashed and the blade sliced on the torso of Kokatorimon, and the powers of Earth, Fire, Lightning, and Brimstone erupted out.

BOOM!

Blue lighting broke forth, and the ground beneath Kokatorimon exploded just as it did with Dragon Cut. But instead of the pure Brimstone power, the lightning energy had turned the fire into blue flames.

BOOM!

Another explosion occurred as the body of Kokatorimon began to crack and break down. Bits and pieces shattered from its main body and began to disappear. Dyne sent out Soul Body once more, and the Brimstone energy was purging the soul of Kokatorimon, and the scream that was similar to a Chocobos cry could be heard.

AHHHHHHH!”

As the body of Kokatorimon dispersed, all that was left was the Wild Arm.

It was a long-barrel gun with a large revolving cylinder.

Jedo, Terra, Grim, and Dyne’s Brimstone Spirit Seed began to resonate with the energy that it was releasing.

Amazing. Street Fighter, Star Ocean 2, Grandia, Megaman X4, Final Fantasy 7, and a Theeder magic of Legaia! That was a Gamer Galore Combo Attack!”

"A Gamer Galore Combo attack to end this Gamer Galore Boss fight involving Wild Arms, Megaman X, and Digimon World 2." Dyne laughed.

No....” The voice of Kokatorimon could be heard. His voice continued to weep in frustration. The Ra-Serus were absorbing all the powers he had gathered.

You lost! Wild Arm. Your attempt to become a Maverick has failed.” Dyne laughed as he approached.

Sigma... will avenge us! Doctor Wily will kill you all!”

Dyne's expression changed. But then, his eye began to burn with a manic desire.

So that's it! Then tell me, where are the Dynamo Parts!” Dyne demanded.

The what?” Arya was confused.

The what?” Even Jedo was confused. Why was there suddenly the desire to find Dynamo Parts?

Strafe was doing a spiritual facepalm.

Dynamo parts, which is the item that the player receives after defeating Kokatorimon in Video Domain of Digimon 2? Is he insane?” Strafe cursed.

I didn’t create a Dynamo Part, Dyne!” Strafe spoke.

But then...

Ho-How did you know about that...?!” The Wild Arm trembled.

... What?” Now even Strafe was confused. He never made Dynamo Parts.

It’s simple, really. You live in an alternate reality, right? A harsher world where the future remains grim. In that world, Biron becomes a mad cultivator, Sigma. And Doctor Light, the hero of Sol who created the Wild Arms, also turns mad and becomes Doctor Wily in your world. I’m guessing that the world is different in your time. But the question remains, how did Sigma reach this place? And you said that Doctor Wily would kill us? How? He is in that world. Then I remembered a certain device that allowed you to travel. And you would hold one part of it! You are building it here, aren’t you?!” Dyne challenged.

Who-Who are you?! How did you know of our world?!”

It was then that Strafe realized that the alternate world he created, which would have been used as a foundation for the Time Travel adventure that the heroes of Legaia were supposed to go to, had evolved far beyond what he could comprehend. And then, he realized what Dyne was asking for.

The Archive Ship!” Strafe recalled the large ship that transported the main character of Digimon World 2 to File Island.

What did Calamitus do?!” Strafe was amazed.

Legaia is in danger. Aside from the antagonist involving Cort and the Mist, the Monster Kings you created, that another world that Calamitus have twisted is trying to conquer this one!” Dyne smiled.

3