Chapter 212: Zeto’s Scan
100 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tall man stood up and moved closer to the Mist Generator. The large crab flew to him and grew smaller.

The large crab became a small Seru which he wore over his head like a helmet. The Seru reached all the way to his shoulders, like three blades extending outwards.

He was Zeto, the first major boss in Legaia and the person in charge of the Mist Generator.

With the Seru connected to him, a great power exploded. He then glanced up, and his body floated and a portal opened in front of him. He moved inside and was sent directly into the core of the massive Mist Generator.

There, he closed his eyes and began to sense it.

Is there another Monster King trespassing these lands? I’m too weak now. I’ll just scan it for now.” He grunted as he began to search the entire Drake Continent.

The power of the Mist began to merge with him as his senses extended out to a great distance.

Back in River Reach, Dyne continued to meditate. But then he was awakened by Jedo.

Master Dyne! Zeto! He’s using his powers to control the Mist!!”

He must have sensed this. I overdid it. Jedo. Create a shield to hide the energy. I’ll handle the Digi-egg. Ururu, Gyoro. I need you to do something...” Dyne ordered.

The power of the Mist moved, and it was moving towards River Reach.

As they saw the Mist, the hunters and the Monks were no strangers to this event. They quickly hid in their respective rooms. The Gobu Gobu followed and went inside some of the holes.

KWEH!” The Chocobo called out to the Piuras, and they immediately ran off. The wolf also followed.

The birds!” A hunter exclaimed.

Don’t worry. It’s probably just avoiding the Mist. Focus on hiding!”

All hunters and monks went to their respective hiding spots along with the Gobu Gobu.

Finally, the Slimes moved into the houses. The monks applied incense on them, and the Slimes blocked all openings to prevent the Mist from seeping in.

The moving Mist went ahead of the Serus, but a huge number of Serus were moving behind it.

The Mist covered River Reach, and a large group of Zenoirs, Gimards, Theeders, and Nightos moved into the town.

Everyone was very nervous at the sight of the creatures. It was a grim reminder of how helpless they were against the Mist. The number of Serus would easily outnumber and kill them. Although they had grown stronger, they could not confidently fight a Zenoir alone.

But as the horrifying scenario played out, the hunters, monks, and monsters became more and more relieved. Finally, the strategy that they planned worked! The Serus could not detect life as the slimes covered the gaps with incense. This was one of Dyne’s suggestions back then, and it was the first time it worked.

As the Serus moved and searched, a pained cry of a Gimard alerted everyone.

Gyoro and Ururun leaped on the Gimard, and Ururun gave a powerful Cold breath right inside of Grim and bolted away after killing it.

The Serus all shouted, but the small and nimble movements of the twin-headed snake were too fast for the group. It ran and jumped from one Seru to another and would leap when one Seru.

BOOM!

A Zenoir shot its fire claws at a Nighto, but the twin-headed snaked evaded. The Nighto fell down from the burning attacks as its propellers were damaged.

The twin-headed snake jumped to another Gimard, who tried to shake it off.

ZAP!

The Theeder shot a lightning bolt at the Gimard, but the nimble snake evaded again.

This scene played out again and again, and a few serus were wounded from the friendly fire attacks.

The Serus were enraged and began to crowd and jump on each other.

Gyoro and Ururun slithered out of the town and caused the numerous Serus to give chase.

Several minutes passed, and the chase continued with the Serus shooting at the twin-headed snake.

As the scene played out, the malevolent force controlling the Seru grew restless.

They can’t even kill it?” Zeto frowned as he was controlling the Mist. He then added more power and used the Mist to see.

Zeto saw the image of Gyoro and Ururun fleeing toward the river.

The Serus chased, and the twin-headed snake dove in the water to escape and the Serus crowed by the riverside.

That must be the offspring of that basilisk that disappeared!” Zeto dispersed his spell. His ranged control over the Mist and the Serus also ceased.

The Serus scattered at the loss of this power.

Back in River Reach, everyone was still holed up in their rooms.

Is it safe now?” A hunter asked his slime.

The slime nodded, and everyone went out.

There were several wounded Serus who could not leave due to their wounds.

The moment it saw the humans emerging, they began to tremble angrily.

Capture them! We need to subdue them for the Ra-Seru hero!” The monks ordered. They had been with Vahn, and together, they had understood that Ra-Seru wielders could use the Serus.

As the monks and hunters went out of their hiding places, Dyne was just about to finish the triple threat challenge.

The risky maneuver nearly failed as Dyne had run out of magic leaves and other mana-recovering consumables.

Dyne fell down and nearly fainted.

The Zenoir and the Vera had moved towards Dyne and gave a respectful bow.

But to Dyne, the greatest gains were not in these two Serus, similar to Grim. But it was a small egg that looked like the egg form Jedo had back then.

Jedo saw it and was amazed.

Terra approached Noa as he had sensed it. He knew that something more miraculous than Grim was created. As he saw the egg, he was convinced that it was true.

A Ra-Seru egg! That’s definitely a Ra-Seru egg! It's not like Grim! Lord Dyne created an actual Ra-Seru!”

Indeed. Master Dyne, with the Evil God, has created a Ra-Seru egg! But this Ra-Seru is different from us. Because Master Dyne shaped it, even in its weak form, it can assume a form already!”

What?! It can?” Terra was shocked. The Ra-Serus could all change into a physical form when they were at their peak. But now, they could not create it, and even if Dyne could awaken eight Genesis Trees, they would only have the power to assume that form for several seconds.

I’ll explain later. Master Dyne must rest. He has pushed himself beyond his limits.” Jedo urged.

Rena and Arya were also exhausted and had already slumped down. But the gains in this experience had helped them solidify their cultivation.

The night arrived, and a few people were in the house where Dyne was resting.

Ipkus had served a delicious meal to the girls.

This is Master Dyne’s recipe.” Ipkus smiled as he served ostrich steak.

Serge was also present. He was talking with some of the Hunters about the village and was confused about the new world he was in. The horrifying experience of seeing the massive Serus march in the village and fight was instilled in him. The more he heard, the more his heart broke at the present Legaia.

Arya was busy meditating. She had forced her Force energy too much and the drawn-out Mana she managed to release was something that she needed to get familiar with.

Thank you, Lady Arya.” Arya thanked Earth Arya.

Don’t mention it. Because Jedo did it the first time, I could somehow sense where it was… I guess that experience of having my soul abused helped. Because without it, I wouldn’t have known how to help you!” Earth Arya laughed.

What we did was a miracle. I had no formal training as a Mind Cultivator and am not familiar with magic. And yet, I was able to do it.” Arya made a rare smile as she was proud of what she had accomplished.

Rena was asleep. But as she fell into her dreams, memories of a strange place began to surface.

Noa noticed it and continued to pat Rena, who was asleep.

She’s having nightmares like me!” Noa was amazed.

That’s right, Terra. It seems that these companions of Lord Dyne have lived a more painful life than we can imagine. Your situation of being raised by a wolf like me sounds worse, but you lived in peace throughout your life. They seem to have met trouble after trouble. Noa, do you want to help them?” Terra asked.

Yes! I will help them!” Noa vowed.

At that moment, Dyne opened his eyes.

He looked around for a bit and saw the Vera nearby.

The Zenoir is still in the basement. We won’t fit if he moved up here. But he’s very docile. Congratulations, Master Dyne!” Ipkus greeted.

Ixis approached and brought a crystal Egg with a yellow stone deep inside the center.

This thing is amazing, Master Dyne! What is this?”

Dyne smiled as he dropped his head back. He had confirmed that he had indeed succeeded and wanted to go back to sleep.

That’s technically a Ra-Seru egg. But to me, it's a Digimon egg…” Dyne immediately fell asleep.

3