Chapter 218: The Boss that Calamitus Prepared
78 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne and Rena spent the day talking more about the power of light and how to use it. Dyne also talked about what he learned about Rena’s past and possible bloodline.

“So I live in a place… even far more distant, mysterious, and powerful compared to the planet we are on, or this place?”

“Yup. From what I understand, even gods are afraid of that place. So your power is but the beginning, Big Sis. That power to dominate Life is not possible for all cultivators.”

Rena was amazed at Dyne’s words.

“This means you have to develop and strengthen your power slowly. How is your link with the Vera?”

“It’s going well. I can sense its thoughts to some extent. It still is affected by the Mist but can resist it for days to a full week. But if he is exposed too much, he would turn mad and wild.”

“It’s just like Grim. He turns back to the same old crazed creature. Just like Grim. Well… Grim’s much stronger now. And with several Ra-Seru’s around, he should be able to resist it for months. The Vera can store light energy and erupt it out, right?”

“Yes. It can store pure Light energy in itself and release it by turning it into a power that can heal. That’s the only thing it can do, but the healing power it has is too potent! It can even mend the bones, regenerate muscles and even limbs!”

“But how much life energy does it need?”

“It doesn’t make sense. The amount of energy it needs is very small compared to the teachings of the Temple. Most light cultivators trained by the Temple can use their power to regenerate a damaged arm, provided that there are no magic or curses interfering with his healing process. But the energy we need is five times what this Vera needs!”

“Veras and some of the Serus here are one-trick ponies.”

“What’s that?” Rena tilted her head in confusion.

“Oh. Right! It’s not an expression you would know. What I mean is the Vera can only perform one magic. And that is to heal with the life energy that is gathered. But… these creatures are made with the ability to perform healing magic that surpasses the knowledge of most Light Cultivators. What you need to do is to learn how to heal like it. But the Vera is no longer like what it was before. Its soul has been changed, and it can go beyond its limits. So you have also to teach it how to use Light energy in another way.”

“I understand…” Rena nodded.

“There is a Ra-Seru in this world like Jedo and Terra. But it’s a light Ra-Seru.”

“A Light Ra-Seru?!” Rena exclaimed.

“I was planning to give it to someone else… But I am convinced that you should be its first wielder and partner. So it may take a while until we get that Ra-Seru… But don’t worry! I'll surely get it, and it will be yours, Big sis.”

Rena smiled, and she blushed. So she had seen the great power of Jedo and was even more amazed at Terra and Noa. So such a precious gift would be given to her?

“That’s…! That’s too much, Brother Dyne!”

“Not really. You are perfect for it, Rena. Don’t underestimate your power. Gods and devils feared it so much that they sealed it. I promise that one day, you will be a cultivator that all of Eternity will know.” Dyne smiled.

“But all I ask is that you would always be by my side to help me in my battles.”

Rena couldn’t hide her smile and turned around.

Jedo and Strafe watched silently.

“Is this it? Is his luck too good? He’s getting the girls anyway…” Jedo grumbled.

“Should I show Rena that dream?” Jedo asked.

“Err… That’s too much. But don’t worry. I know what to do. In times like this, we go back to the one thing that can overpower Dyne’s romantic fantasies… Games!” Strafe plotted.

“Little brother… I’ll be sure to be by your side, just as I have been today. ” Rena smiled.

But at that moment, unknown to Rena, Strafe whispered something nefarious to Dyne.

“Vile, the Megaman X-based Time/Space Ra-Seru that replaced Jedo, is now with Songi. Be careful not to fight him. Remember, X loses to him in that first stage!” Strafe reminded Dyne.

“Right! There was still Songi!” Dyne recalled.

“Dyne, I…” Rena voiced out and even skipped the ‘little brother’ endearment as she was trying to move up a level. But then she noticed Dyne suddenly close his eyes.

The sudden action Rena caused her to stop and shake her head, laughing at how silly Dyne was at such a crucial moment. She secretly chuckled as she saw Dyne’s eccentric moments of immediate meditations.

Memories of the young Dyne playing Megaman X3 on PS1 surfaced. He loved that game that he backtracked and played the former games that he played using SNES emulators.

“I wonder… Calamitus is quite good. I’m sure he won’t waste this opportunity but will try to change Songi. Still, it is curious that Songi got that Ra-Seru. Hmm… How did he get it? Did… Calamitus do something with Fate in this world too?” Dyne began to wonder. Slowly, the unease in his heart grew and grew.

“Crap! I should have known!” Dyne suddenly shouted and even surprised Rena.

“That sadist! I should search for Songi!” Dyne suddenly rushed out and ignored Rena.

Rena was surprised at Dyne’s sudden departure. But as she saw Dyne leave, she shook her head and chuckled. She then stood up and followed Dyne.

Dyne’s reaction exceeded Strafe’s expectations. He was suddenly moving in haste.

“What happened?” Strafe was confused.

“I forgot to pay attention to Songi! But now that I’m awake, I can sense it! A strange omen of fate! Calamitus is helping Songi!”

“Calamitus is helping Songi do what? It’s expected that he would help him.”

“No! It’s more than that! He helped him too much! I have to confirm it with the people outside!” Dyne rushed outside and saw the few hunters and monks who stayed behind.

The moment Dyne moved out, he felt a cold shiver ring down his spine. He used his Eyes of Destiny and could see dangerous futures for everyone.

“Death. They will all die… I knew it!” Dyne frowned as he looked into the future set for these people.

“KWEH!”

Dyne was startled but was awakened when he saw the leader of the Chocobo had stayed behind and approached Dyne and bowed.

“Choco?! You didn’t leave?! Great! We have to go.”

“Master Dyne!”

“Patriarch!”

Dyne was greeted by the few Hunters and monsters when they heard his voice.

“Everyone! Listen up! Things are going bad! I need to check on something. An enemy will soon strike us and cause great deaths! I want everyone to rush back to Biron and lock themselves up until my arrival. Tell Elder Zopu to begin the Genesis Tree into a seedling. I’ll look for the others and tell them to catch up with you.”

“Little Brother? What happened?” Rena emerged and heard Dyne’s instructions.

“Rena. I sensed a Ra-Seru, a bad one nearby!”

“An evil Ra-Seru?”

“Yes. A strong Ra-Seru with a strong host.”

“This enemy is that strong?” A Monk asked.

“The enemy is probably, no! It’s definitely Songi! He should have an evil power that no one can match right now.” Dyne nodded.

“Songi!” Cries of surprise were heard.

“What?! Impossible! He couldn’t even defeat that Master Teacher!” Ipkus, who was present, was stunned.

“It wasn’t at first. But then I pieced it all together. You saw Serge, right? I’m sure you guys talked about it. He belongs in that world that overlaps with ours. And the Chrono Trigger brought in some issues. Ra-Serus of that world that have turned evil is here. And they might have chosen Songi as their host.”

“You plan on fighting him?” Rena asked worriedly.

“Yes. And it’s going to be dangerous. That’s why everyone should move now and temporarily hide in Biron. Can anyone go back to Rim Elm and make warnings to stop any potential travels?”

“I’ll go ahead, Master Dyne. My Slime and I have moved back and forth several times.” It was Ipkus who volunteered as he jumped on his Slime and suddenly moved in. It was a bizarre scene. His Slime was twice the size of other slimes, and it was like he was driving inside a small vehicle.

Dyne was momentarily stunned but shook his shock away.

“Well, that’s new! And that Slime is quite unique too! But I’ll hear your explanations later. Go ahead and move. I’ll catch up with Terra and Ixis group to make them end the hunt. We need to make haste!” Dyne jumped on top of Choco and ordered him to go.

“Master Dyne…” Jedo called out.

“What’s going on?”

“The Wild Arm is based on two Ra-Serus. Calamitus made a powerful boss. Far stronger than Kokatorimon. I could see the fates of death on almost everyone. Calamitus is seriously trying to attack and destroy Biron!”

East of River Reach, Songi was seated in the middle of the Mist.

He wore shiny violet armor with a wide pad on each shoulder. A small mounted minigun was seated on the pad of his right shoulder.

Several Serus were nearby. But closest to Songi were three large Serus that had the shape of a human.

It had arms and a head but no lower body, and it hovered over the ground.

Lightning crackled around him.

“Is it enough?”

“Not yet… The Mist is too weak here. Be patient. Remember that Dyne Valliant is not your only enemy. If we move and absorb the Mist faster, then those from Conkram will attack us!” The voice explained.

“Alright.” Songi nodded.

Around Songi’s neck was a prayer bead necklace with a dark color. And it was slowly flickering a dark purple color.

“Soon... Dyne! Gala! I will kill you all…” Songi vowed.

2