Chapter 223: The Battle in the Mines (2)
82 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne had played Final Fantasy VII several times and had known the game by heart. He watched videos of the remake and dreamed of playing it one day. The sight of the Guard Scorpion activated Dyne's gamer nerd.

Vile was shocked. How did the boy know the specific name of this Seru hybrid? And why was he excited?

As the groups moved to their corresponding location, Songi looked enraged and maddened at Dyne. How was he able to control the undead? Songi could tame the Seru through Vile by reforming the Mist around them.

The timeline in the other Legaia has changed. Through the corrupted Biron, who now took on the moniker Sigma, they could locate Rogues Tower and managed to experiment on the Mist. But their technology was not as good as that of Conkram. But only Vile, who was a Ra-Seru of both Time/Space and Darkness, could manipulate it.

But Vile could not use his powers to command the undead who had human souls. When asked by Songi, Vile made it clear that it would be impossible to do so.

Although the undead was weaker, the number Dyne brought in and his tactics caused Songi to lose several Serus immediately.

More than half of the Nightos died, and several Theeders were lost at the Windhash + Skeleton charge combo.

And now the two teams were reorganizing at the sides.

Nice gun. It really looks like Vile in Megaman X. Tell me, where’s the Ride armor?” Dyne asked.

Songi and Vile were stunned. How did Dyne know of the massive Mushara- Gillium hybrid that became a massive golem that Songi and Vile could ride?

I wonder if I can even damage it. It should be made with a Gillium Seru, right? That’s an end-game Seru enemy. Can I even hurt it?” Dyne wondered.

Enough talk! You may have managed to break through our defenses with your tactics, but you still do not possess the same amount of firepower that we possess!”

I wonder about that…” Dyne smiled and raised his arm.

Two bolts of lightning and a portal opened, and three Theeders suddenly appeared. The skeletons charged while the ghost drakes did another round of Windhash.

Kill!” Vile shouted. The Serus charged back and fought the undead.

The mini-gun on the shoulder of Songi began to shoot at the skeletons, and the Theeders and Viguro charged forward.

The Guard Scorpion began to attack. With their massive frame, they plowed through the skeletons, and even though the Windhashes crashed on it, it didn’t seem to do any damage.

Suddenly, Songi began to close his eyes and concentrate as the Minigun on his shoulder began to glow a strange light.

KZZZT! KZZZT!

The Turning Laser struck ally and foe alike. The remaining Nightos were shot and killed as they dispersed, and the Theeders tried to resist the attack by charging their lighting on their bodies.

But with three Theeders attacking simultaneously, the Theeders were overloaded.

Only the Guard Scorpions and the Viguro were not damaged by the turning attacks as Songi released the dark energy and created a force field that protected the Guard Scorpions and Theeders.

Not enough, Patriarch!” Songi laughed as the shield he created resisted the triune beams of the Theeders.

Songi’s mini-gun spurred and began to shoot at the Theeders.

The bullets it sent out passed through the force field.

Hm? His force field can block and allow attacks to pass?!” Jedo was amazed.

He’s more of a Time/Space Wild Arm. That version of you isn’t trying to revive his lover but fully absorbed the darkness.” Dyne explained as he began to evade the attacks by hiding behind the skeletons and ghost drakes nearby.

The Guard Scorpions suddenly gathered lightning energy, creating a ball of lightning at their center. The Viguro, which made up the upper torso, channeled the energy and finally released it.

BOOM!

Two lightning bolts shot out and killed a row of skeletons and ghost drakes. Dyne evaded the two bolts, and despite the constant barrage of Vile, the remaining skeletons were still enough to aid Dyne in evading the rain of bullets.

Guard Scorpions and Viguro! Prepare for Scorpion Tail!” Songi ordered as he grew impatient.

The Guard Scorpions raised their sting, and it began to glow red as it gathered fire energy. The Zenoir, the base, and the chain of Gimards harnessed the fire energy. As the Viguros on the Guard Scorpions' torso continued to harass Dyne with their lightning attacks, the Viguros stood behind the Guard Scorpions, who released their lightning and sent it to the tip of the stings of the Guard Scorpions.

The power of the three Serus combined.

Dyne recognized the attack. The Guard Scorpion boss had this laser attack using the tail.

That looks like a big one. Alright. Time to come out!” Dyne ordered.

Suddenly, a massive figure emerged from the darkness.

A Zenoir?! How? Didn’t he already summon one Zenoir and three Theeders?! How much mana do they have?!” Vile cursed.

Vile! Shoot down that Zenoir and stop the second stage of its attack!” Sonig ordered.

The Zenoir formed into a fist as burning energy gathered, and finally, it launched itself toward the force field.

AHHH!” Songi shouted as he channeled more energy, strengthening the force field he created as the Guard Scorpion was still not done charging for the attack.

BOOM!

The force field began to crack, but it managed to withstand the impact. Vile began to shoot the Zenoir to prevent the Zenoir from landing the second attack.

The Zenoir had used the impact of the first attack to launch itself upwards and began to reform into a fist that was punching down on the force field.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

A series of gunshots struck the Zenoir, staggered back at the attacks, and the second stage of the attack failed.

Songi was relieved to see it but then...

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Firey explosions occurred as fireballs flew and struck the force field at the final fireball. A massive hole appeared in the middle of the

Attack now! He’s out of bullets! That Wild Arm only has three bullets at a time!” Vile instructed the Guard Scorpions, who finished their charging.

The stings took aim and were about to shoot when…

BANG! BANG!

Two gunshots were heard, and the stings of the Guard Scorpions were struck, causing the tip of the tail to swing backward.

BLAST! BLAST!

Two massive explosions occurred next to them, and even Songi was blown away by the blast. The misdirection of the tail caused the Guard Scorpions to shoot their attacks just next to them and strike the area near the two Viguros.

Skeletons! Attack!” Dyne shouted and led the skeletons.

Vile! You said he was out of bullets!” Songi cursed.

He is supposed to! That Wild Arm can only shoot three at a time!” Vile cursed back as he was confused about how Dyne managed to do it.

The Guard Scorpions did not waste any time after recovering from their attack plowing through the skeletons and charging at Dyne on both sides.

Dyne raised the Wild Arm on one hand and raised his arm on another.

Zo. Zo. Un.” Dyne spoke the formula, and a fireball shot out of one hand, and he pulled the trigger on another.

BOOM! BANG!

He had used Missiles of Magic earlier, and Songi thought it was from the Wild Arm. Dyne shot the tail with two bullets, and the final one contained magic that erupted.

The attacks struck the two Guard Scorpions and knocked them back.

He can do magic?!” Songi was shocked.

The Zenoir charged and attacked one of the Guard Scorpions.

"The Zenoir?! It's not a summon?!" Vile was enraged.

"Kill him!" Songi shouted at the remaining Guard Scorpion.

Dyne didn't retreat but continued to reload. The other Guard Scorpion rushed forward, but Dyne didn’t move.

SLASH!

A blurring figure moved nearby, and a deep cut could be seen on the side of the Guard Scorpion’s torso.

SLASH!

The blurring figure quickly moved back, and another slash was made.

Serge had arrived, and with his Chocobo, he delivered sweeping strikes at the Guard Scorpions, buying Dyne the time that he needed.

Songi cursed and was about to shoot when the Mini-gun suddenly took aim from behind and shot in the opposite direction.

Enemy attack from behind! A Martial Formation expert!” Vile warned.

Songi was stunned and jumped back and saw incoming arrows.

Some of the arrows were shot down, and Songi evaded the remaining arrows that approached. But it was then that Songi realized that the arrows were not aimed at him.

Bang! Bang!

Force energy exploded out as the arrows struck the Viguros behind Songi.

The Viguros were struck from the back, and they stumbled forward. A few skeletons were left, and the group pounced and downed Viguro and stabbed and hacked it.

Another arrow came flying even faster as the wind covered it.

But the arrow lost the wind energy on the latter half of the journey and gave Songi enough time to release a force field to block it.

BANG!

Danger! A portal!” Vile warned, but it was too late.

A Chocobo leaped out of the portal.

Dyne had sensed their arrival and created a portal near Arya.

SMASH!

The Chocobo charged as low as possible and struck Songi in the feet.

Another Chocobo rushed out and tackled Songi upwards.

Noa appeared and delivered a backward somersault and vaulted Songi further up.

The painful attack was deja vu to Songi as he recalled the embarrassing beating Dyne gave him.

Vile! Full armor!” Songi ordered. A purple light flashed and enveloped Songi’s entire body as his mini-gun aimed at the enemies below.

But before it could shoot, a figure appeared above him.

Arya Rendan!” Arya shouted as he delivered a deadly ax kick on Songi’s head.

3