Chapter 226: The Battle in the Mines (5)
61 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The full attack of a Zenoir was something that even Songi and Vile feared. Therefore, the previous attack of the Zenoir had to be hindered so that the second stage of the attack would not happen.

The strange thing was, Dyne had already summoned a Zenoir twice, and now, he had no chance to summon it once more.

Songi and Vile didn’t expect another summon to occur. Noa was busy using Vera to heal Serge and his Chocobo's damage. After all, summoning a Seru for the attack took time, and Dyne showed no signs of releasing the same energy to summon.

The punch of the Zenoir smashed onto the right arm of the Ride Armor as Songi navigated his robot to evade it.

“Argh!” Songi shouted as the attack landed close to where he was piloting the Ride Armor and was engulfed with the explosive attack of what seemed to be a summoned Zenoir.

The massive burning arm used the impact on the Ride Armor to fly upwards, and right before it reached the ceiling of the cave, it shot downwards.

“VILE!” Songi shouted.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The Mini-gun rang out continuous bursts of attacks that struck the Zenoir.

The attacks were aimed with great precision that the Zenoir was actually losing its sense of direction.

Songi piloted his Ride Armor to move, and the Zenoir landed on the ground.

BOOM!

A massive explosion occurred, and the mine trembled once more.

Songi and his Ride Armor were thrown off to the side. They had evaded the falling fist and only received the fiery explosion. But if they were to receive the main falling fist, it would have left tremendous damage on the Ride Armor.

Immediately, Songi controlled the Ride Armor to stand up.

“That Dyne! Has he escaped?” Songi shouted.

“No! He’s still there!”

“Where did that Zenoir come from? How is it possible that he summoned the third one?!”

“It shouldn’t be possible! The soul of the Seru that we captured would be weakened! Even if he has enough mana to cast it again and again, the attack would drastically weaken! But all three had the same power.

“Well, to answer your question, Jedo and I summoned the former two attacks! Jedo has grown to the extent that he has something similar to Mana.” Dyne chuckled.

“What?! Impossible!”

“It’s improbable. Vile, you are the Time/Space Ra-Seru, right? That’s where you differ from Jedo here. He is both Time/Space and Darkness! The Darkness of the Mist that he absorbs becomes his mana!”

“What is he talking about?” Songi frowned.

“Anyway, let’s not get too caught up in these minor details. You still have the fight to continue. I already bought him enough time to do it.”

“What? Who?”

“Vahn. The one who summoned the Zenoir.”

A smaller burning figure raced out and zipped past the two Guard Scorpions that were busy fighting the team of Arya.

It was a Gimard rushing forward with its trademark suicidal burning tackle headed for the Ride Armor.

“Damn you!” Songi cursed as he tried to navigate it. But the Gimard was too fast that even Vile could not shoot at it.

BOOM!

The Gimard struck the center of the pilot seat and caused Songi to fly out from the attack.

Without its pilot, the Ride Armor stumbled back and couldn’t move.

“Destroy the Ride Armor!” Dyne ordered.

A young boy suddenly emerged from a portal that opened right on top of the Ride Armor. The boy was wielding a bright red Ra-Seru on his right arm and was harnessing explosive fire energy.

The moment Dyne saw Vahn, he was amazed. Just like him, Vahn now controlled a Gimard on his own, which he was using as a weapon.

The Gimard wrapped itself around Vahn’s arm and had its needle-like legs acting as a blade on Vahn’s hand.

“Let’s do this, Sting! Piercing Punch!” Vahn shouted as he punched the damaged arm of the Ride Armor.

STAB!

The strong punch of Vahn, aided by the power of the Gimard, actually tore a deep hole in Ride Armor! But as Vahn’s arm dug deep, it continued to gather more and more fire energy.

“Go! Explosion!”

BOOM!

An explosion erupted and severed the arm of the Ride Armor. The Ride Armor had already received several attacks from Dyne’s Ifrit attack and the Zenoir. Finally, with an attack from the inside, the arm finally fell off.

“Impressive attack!” Dyne was amazed. The blades of the Gimard did not cause the hole in the Ride Armor. Instead, the Gimard harnessed fire energy and added a layer of flame which Vahn used to create sword-shaped energy that covered his fist. And then, Dyne used that fire sword he created to explode out.

“It seems that Vahn and Meta have been quite busy!” Dyne praised.

Jedo was secretly shocked.

“Is this… the Meta that I know?” Jedo thought to himself. He could tell Meta’s ability to wield the elements was much greater than his own.

“You brat!” Songi roared as he aimed Vahn. But suddenly, another portal opened up above them.

Another man appeared out of the portal, and the sight of this man enraged Songi.

“Gala!” Songi called out as he saw his most hated foe.

Gala wielded a massive hammer with a bright jewel inserted in a slot right in the middle. The Ra-Seru Egg began to glow brightly as it somehow released a strong lightning element.

“Megaton Press!” Gala shouted as he flung the hammer down.

Songi tried to evade, but lightning bolts shot out and stopped Songi. Similar to Vile's electric net, this lighting was holding Songi in place.

SMASH!

The hammer struck Songi in the chest. Cracks were appearing on the armor, and Vile was groaning in pain.

“Songi! Stop this madness!” Gala shouted.

“Madness? You people have monopolized power! And now, I finally have power of my own! You can’t even beat me, Gala! Your friends couldn’t even beat my Serus!”

“You forget about Brod, Bertugo, and Lord Dyne’s slimes!” Gala sneered.

Realizing that, Songi turned to see the other battle.

The Guard Scorpion made a claw attack at Serge, who was knocked down on the floor. But right before the attack reached, a figure stood in between.

BANG!

Brod had appeared and resisted the attack of the Viguro. The power of Spirit that Brod used was equal to how Inner Core Disciples of Biron Monastery would use them.

“A… Gomboo?” Serge was shocked.

Another Gomboo rushed on the side and ambushed the other Guard Scorpion chasing Arya.

STAB!

The stab penetrated deeply and caused Viguro to scream in pain.

Arya stopped retreating and rushed back to give a tremendous ax kick in the face of the Viguro.

Suddenly, two massive brownish figures emerged and crashed on the legs of the Guard Scorpions.

CRASH! CRASH!

It was Calamity and Catastrophe. Both showed off their exaggerated power that now had a trace of Spirit.

The tackle of the two caused the Guard Scorpions to be lifted off their feet, and they stumbled down with the face of the Viguro planted on the ground.

Seeing how the tide of the battle changed, Songi cursed and created a portal under him.

Gala was caught off guard as Songi sank and appeared somewhere else.

Dyne had managed to break free from his jail and stood next to Gala.

“Vahn, Choco,. Help the rest.” Dyne ordered.

“Yes!” Vahn immediately moved, and Choco followed.

“Three-on-one is a little bit too harsh. So how about a good old, two-on-one? But old Vile is no longer up to the challenge.” Dyne mocked.

“Two on one? I still have an ace up my sleeve! Vile! Give me your power!”

“Yes!” Vile immediately agreed.

Suddenly, Vile’s armor began to detach itself from Songi.

Songi’s unarmored body could be seen. But a massive amount of Spirit energy was being released.

“It doesn’t matter if there are two of you. I’ll kill you with my own hands!” Songi vowed.

Vile disappeared, and a large purple jewel appeared on Songi’s forehead.

As the armor dispersed, Dyne saw a familiar object around the neck of Songi.

“Is that a prayer beads on your neck? I get it! So your ace is to become Akuma? You are using a strange type of Spirit. It’s giving you strength that would match a Martial Formation expert! You’re even stronger than Arya!” Dyne watched as Songi was doing the familiar pose that Akuma would do.

“Such power!” Gala was amazed.

“Don’t be fooled, Gala. This is a last-ditch effort. He can’t maintain this form for long!”

“Of course! Such power coursing through Songi! A Martial Novice like him shouldn’t be able to wield such power! Then we just need to buy ourselves more time in this fight!” Gala realized it.

“Eh? That’s no fun. What I meant was, since this is a last-ditch effort and since he can’t maintain this form for too long, we have to defeat him before his time runs out.” Dyne clarified.

“What?” Gala was confused.

“I never run away from a boss fight! Besides, in most games, you really can’t!”

“I will smash that arrogant grin of yours, Patriarch!” Songi roared.

“Gala! Use pure Biron or Martial arts to fight him! We’re playing Street Fighter!” Dyne rushed forward.

2