Chapter 247: Sebucus Islands
36 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Old Wizard was amazed at what Dyne had said. It was true! It was all true!

Could it be?” The Old Wizard frowned.

But then, a strange power began to move.

No one sensed it, apart from Dyne, who had the Eyes of Destiny.

There it is. Fate is trying to stop me from opening the gate. It’s telling me it's not yet time!” Dyne smiled.

The Old Wizard suddenly recalled the scenes from his past.

It wasn’t the first time that he opened the door.

He heard a person beg and cry outside of the door and immediately opened it on the previous times. But what he and the rest of the survivors faced was a woman with a Seru attached to it. The usual groans and cries did not appear as the woman was shouting words and pleading.

But it was all a coincidence. The woman’s Seru was subject to attacks from the nearby Gobu-Gobu monsters, and by some coincidence, it reached the inner parts of this cave, and as the control of the Seru weakened, the woman began to cry and voice out her fears.

The Old Wizard acted but paid the price, as some of his allies died because of the foolishness of opening that door.

Soon, similar occasions happened.

These humans would cry and scream, and he thought they were in their right mind and opened it for the first time. But all those heartbreaking moments and how he was forced to kill these humans made him decide never to open the door again.

This was Fate’s way of instilling fear and suspicion in the Wizard and keep him from opening the door.

It’s… a trap!” The Old Wizard thought.

You are the Mist’s Henchmen!” The Old Wizard shouted.

Hey! Come on! Let me in! Let me in! We are not the enemy! We have Ra-Serus!” Noa shouted and began to knock louder.

But the Wizard did not answer.

It’s just like in the game...” Jedo sighed as he saw the familiar scene.

If the player were to prematurely go to this cave before destroying the Mist Generator, the player would also be unable to open the door as the Old Wizard would refuse to enter.

What if we just destroy it?” Jaden asked.

You need to open your eyes, Jaden. That rock. It’s not a normal stone wall. Only Martial Experts can break through it.” Leoric answered.

Everyone sighed.

I guess it was no use. And here I thought Master Dyne’s convincing powers would work.” Jedo sighed.

Noa and Gala shouted, and soon, the rest joined in.

But the Old Wizard had turned deaf ears. Although everyone could still sense that the Old Wizard was listening closely, he didn’t make any indication that he trusted him.

It’s not that simple.” Strafe sighed.

I designed this game and set Fate to make sure that the Old Wizard won’t open it and would only do so if the Mist Generator was destroyed.

But this old man will just be like the one in the game, right?” Dyne asked.

Of course. I am a bit of a perfectionist.” Strafe chuckled.

Then it’s easy.” Dyne smiled.

Master Dyne. What do we do?” Jaden asked.

Mellon.” Arya spoke as Earth Arya tried to nerd out with a Lord of the Rings phrase.

Dyne didn’t pay any attention to Arya.

Hmm. It’s annoying that the guy I would have a huge crush on wouldn’t fall for my Lord of the Rings knowledge.” Earth Arya sighed.

There’s nothing we can do. I suggest we go back.” Leoric decided.

Hm? I’m not done convincing him yet. I was just about to say the very thing that would make him open the door!” Dyne laughed.

What? You have a way to make him open that door?” Gala was stunned.

Right.” Dyne approached.

The Old Wizard won’t open the door? Too bad. And we came all the way here with loads and loads of money to buy resources and even spend the night here. We would have even paid double the price. To think we can’t do business like we used to before.” Dyne then willed it, and a massive amount of gold fell to the side.

The sound of money tinkling down awakened the greed in the old man.

A loud sound was heard as the doors flung open.

Customers? Why didn’t you say so?! Come in! Come in!” The Old Wizard urged.

Jedo and Strafe were the most shocked.

It was then that a strange trembling occurred in the land.

Fate seems pissed.” Dyne chuckled as he greeted the Old Wizard.

Behind him were many people running to stop the Old Wizard but were shocked to see real humans.

Ah! A skeleton!” A human cried.

A Gobu Gobu!”

A Zenoir!”

Cries of fear and shock could be heard at the back.

Relax! It’s our allies!” Dyne chuckled as he led the men inside and began to hand the Old Wizard a large amount of money.

This... You have gold! And... you really human!" The Old Wizard came to his senses.

"You crazy old man!" The crowd of humans behind him cursed at the insanity of the Old Wizard when he heard money.

"Shut up!" The Old Wizard cursed.

"Friends... Is the Mist gone?” The Old Wizard asked.

No. We are Ra-Seru heroes. Has there been a priestess of Rem in this place? They should have told stories about them.” Dyne asked.

Rem? The Time God of the Sebucus Islands?” The Old Wizard asked.

Yes. We are on a mission to rid the world of the Mist. These are our allies who have managed to resist. Let’s all move inside. I can’t stay. But please talk with them.

The Old Wizard in Legaia would be very enthusiastic when he meets the Ra-Seru heroes. He ran an inn and a weapon shop and would be very accommodating. Dyne knew that if Strafe created the Old Wizard to follow the game, he would have this greedy side.

The group moved in, and Dyne told the Wizard to close the door.

Humans?!” A shocked voice was heard.

It was the Old Witch. She is another NPC that resides in the other half of the Ancient Wind Cave. The Ancient Wind Cave is connected to the Ancient Water Cave and is the path that connects the Drake Kingdom to the Sebucus Islands.

Master Zopu. King Leoric. I leave the mission to you. You talk it over with these two magic users and see if you can make them help us. Me and the gang have to make a grand run towards the other side of this place. And our enemies will be quite shocked.” Dyne explained.

Understood, Master Dyne.”

Dyne then moved towards the Old Witch.

Old Witch. I request passage to Sebucus Islands. I need your help. Of course, I am willing to pay.”Dyne revealed a lot of money as he spoke.

The shiny color was too many and too shocking for the old witch. But, just like the Old Wizard, she too was quite greedy!”

Anything for young Master Dyne!” The Old Witch jumped and ran off to the exit.

Let’s go!” Dyne called out to all the allies that would go with him.

We won’t stay here?” Jaden asked.

No! We have to go! And fast!” Dyne rode Choco and sprinted off.

The rest were surprised and followed.

Those who didn’t have a Chocobo rode the Zenoir and sprinted towards the other side of the cave.

The Old Wizard watched as Dyne left.

Old coot! So it is you! I never thought you were alive! I heard you died right when the Mist covered Jeremi! Yet here you are! Alive and greedy!" Zopu laughed as he turned to the old Wizard.

That voice? It can’t be! Biron Monastery’s Zopu!” The Old Wizard exclaimed as he finally recognized the old man.

Still a greedy man even in this apocalypse, eh?”

What’s going on?” The Old Wizard asked.

We have much to talk about. But, for now, please have everyone move to the back. The Mist is pouring inside, and Leoric will use this base to identify Serus that were born from the Mist or existed before it. I’ll explain as we move.”

I understand.” The Old Wizard nodded and ordered the humans in the cave to move to the back.

And there, Leoric began his Seru farming. Theeders and Gimars were abundant in that cave. And with his Skeletons around and the hunters, they began to capture Serus and threw it inside the deeper regions of the cave to observe if it could live outside of the Mist.

Meanwhile, Dyne and his team were outside of Sebucus Island.

A tall tower could be seen in the distance, with a massive forest at the top of this tower.

Those from the Cultivation world were amazed at such architecture.

Those from Legaia were still amazed, for it was the first time they had this town.

Lord Dyne. What is that?” Arya asked.

That is the town of Jeremi. At the top is the Sky Garden. And right at the center is a Genesis Tree. We’re going there to get a Ra-Seru egg!” Dyne revealed.

4