Chapter 251: The Enemies in Jeremi
32 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne and the group went to their formation.

“As expected of Fate. He surrounds us with enemies to make us fight. Until those not of Legaia die, our troubles can only grow worse. But, just like before, our mission is to charge through this.” Dyne told his team.

Everyone went to their positions.

Dyne and Serge were on their Chocobos and took the front. Jaden, Chad, and Shiva hopped on top of the Zenoir and prepared to crash through Serge, and Shiva went to the front with Dyne. Godhand was at their center.

Tetsu, Chrone, Bertugo, and Brod stood at the back. They were riding the Oak Slimes.

At the center of this formation were the rest riding chocobos and slimes.

“Attack!” Dyne charged together with Serge, and the Zenoir did the same.

The two groups of enemies charged from the two sides, and the pincer attack began.

Dyne and Serge tore through the front lines slashing and stabbing through the enemies.

Dyne wielded Grim and the Wild Arm, slashing and shooting the swordies as he moved.

Serge was now an expert as he fought with speed and used his superior reach to attack the swordies before they could attack.

The Chocobos also used their speed to peck and tackle the enemies with their spirits.

And as a path was opened, the Zenoir charged in with Jaden, Shiva, and Chad using their abilities to charge through.

The floor at the sides became ice. Each side attack of each member of the charging team would cause the Swordies to slide off and be knocked back. And since they were moving uphill, the enemies knocked back, and those sliding to the side would also roll down.

The strategy worked, and the swordies that could die from a single attack were blown off, allowing the team to prepare for more attacks.

At the back, the group used powerful attacks to throw the enemies down. They took advantage of the uphill geography, and Bertugo and Brod were even using some poor Spikefish as a shield from the Guardians' attacks, who were shooting wind attacks.

Those at the center focused on assisting both parties by raining ranged attacks on both sides. And as they moved, they would attack any of the enemies that those in front managed to knock down or throw it away so that those at the back could scale the uphill climb without any worries.

The three Ra-Seru heroes at the center were the busiest, as they would assist both the top and the bottom. They would blow away or kill any monsters that those at the front failed to deal with. They also guarded the back as they would attack and push back any monsters from the bottom that bypassed the defenses.

As the battle continued, Bertugo and Brod finally found the chance and used their steal ability.

Two strange gaseous orbs were stolen from the Guardians as the steal ability brought out the power source.

The two threw the items to the back, and the group began to pass them on until they reached Dyne and Serge.

The two chocobos took in the strange orb, and the Chocobos felt a surge of power that caused the spirit energy around their bodies naturally harder.

“Bertugo! Brod! Steal more Shield Elixirs!” Dyne commanded as he fought.

“Evil God! Help me steal more!” Dyne ordered.

The Evil God Totem suddenly glowed, and a power rippled out all over Dyne.

Dyne slashed Grim to a nearby swordie and managed to acquire another gaseous orb as he dealt his blow.

“Nice! I can Mug!” Dyne laughed as he managed to perform the Final Fantasy steal-and-attack ability.

The gaseous orb was thrown over to Chad.

“Eat it!” Dyne ordered, and Chad quickly followed as he recognized the item.

His spirit surged faster, and he could feel his speed increase.

This was the Speed Elixir that made them move faster.

Soon, more and more of the Elixirs were stolen, and the next ones to get them were those in the front.

Jaden felt his power surge and felt the power of Spirit.

“So this is Spirit. I could feel my defenses strengthening…” Jaden smashed his shield upfront, and suddenly, the force exploded, creating a small wall that pushed back several swordies.

The battle continued. Rena kept healing those who were wounded. Everyone at the front except Dyne and Choco had received painful sword blows.

As the battle progressed, the team was becoming slowly used to the flow of action.

“Everyone, don’t let up yet. The Kabuki rats and the Nightos haven’t yet appeared… There is also a chance that a large plant Maveric Seru, the Berserker, will appear here.” Dyne warned as they fought.

Suddenly, the skies became dark as strange dark beings with the shape of Physalis fruit were flying through the air.

“The Nightos! Everyone huddle up!” Dyne shouted as the Nightos flew with speed.

“Fate is impatient and is going in for the kill!” Dyne smiled.

“Then why are you smiling, Lord Dyne?” Jaden asked.

“I’ve been dying to recreate a certain spell. Jaden, take another shield elixir and get ready to channel your power and pour it into Jedo. Shiva, pour out your ice element on Jedo as well! We’re about to try a certain spell!”

As the Nightos approached, it opened its shell and revealed the one-eyed creature inside. Then, it began to create a powerful sound wave that shot toward the team.

“Now!” Dyne shouted as Jaden and Shiva sent in the power they prepared toward Jedo.

Jedo also began to glow, and his shield power that had been used repeatedly surfaced.

A massive pyramid of great defenses appeared. But this time, Dyne used Jaden’s steel affinity to create the strong armor and focused Jedo’s power to draw in the same power from a certain artifact that Dyne found within the Ararat’s fortress.

It was a ring with a simple ability that combined basic Steel and Ice magic. Both elements were next to each other, making this magic easy to perform. The resulting combination of both created a magic source that Dyne called ‘Glass magic.’

Jedo wielded the elements and created his basic pyramid defense. But this time, it had Glass magic. Glass magic originally had the power to deflect fire and lightning elements. But now that Jedo added Dark and Time magic, it created true reflection. Unless the attack was Brimstone, all magic attacks within a certain power range could be reflected back.

The Nighto’s Hell Music shot towards the pyramid, and the pyramid resonated and shot the Hell’s music all over the place.

The harmonious sound was amplified, and all the creatures within twenty meters of the pyramid screeched in pain. The Nightos themselves were affected by their attacks.

Some of the creatures died, while others became confused and began to attack each other.

None of the Nightos died, but some were affected and stopped shooting Hell’s Music and started to attack those nearby.

“Take this! Reflect!” Dyne laughed as he called out another Final Fantasy spell. The pyramid had become a massive mirror that reflected Hell’s Music spell to those around them.

Ishreth was amazed at the spell.

“This spell! It’s amazing!” She admired.

The music resonated and erupted out, affecting all creatures within forty meters.

The monsters began to fight against each other, and the group watched from the inside.

“Rena! Serge! There should be a version of this attack that you can learn through this. Jaden! Shiva! You should learn Steel and Ice magic to recreate this!” Dyne laughed.

“Amazing. This was what Master Dyne was waiting for! He knew that we would be facing wave after wave and took advantage of the strengths of the enemies to kill them!” Meta was amazed.

“If we can find Mule as Dyne said he would, then it’s possible that she can cast an even stronger reflection magic with this Glass spell,” Terra observed.

But then, Arya sends it.

“A strong monster approaches!

“Hmm? A fused monster?” The Evil God sensed it was well.

Dyne then saw a strange creature.

It looked like a larger swordie, but its body was proportionate to its head. It had the wings of the Death Wing butterflies on its back. It was bright green and had strong wind energy in it.

“That power…! That swordie must have killed and devoured the greens gems of those Kabuki Rats!” The Evil God exclaimed.

This swordie had a different appearance. Its sword arms weren’t straight like the rest. Instead, it curved and looked like a scythe. Its appearance was also different. Compared to the mantis-like features, this Swordie was more refined.

But Dyne’s expression was that of shock.

“Master Dyne! It’s as strong as a Rogue Seru! It’s like Koru!” Meta shouted.

"That one's strong! Everyone! Avoid its sword! It will kill you! That slash is stronger than Jaden's full strength!" Chad assessed.

“That creature…! Lord Strafe?” Jedo recognized the beast.

“Yes. This is my side quest. Judging from Dyne’s expression, he should be quite happy!” Strafe chuckled.

Dyne continued to look in awe as he recognized the form.

“That’s the Pokemon Scyther!”

4