Chapter 264: Vidna Private Actions (1)
35 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Dyne had learned about runic encryption, he knew that Uru Mais would be a place that Strafe created to allow beings to move between the realms of Legaia and to Seru-Kai, the world where the souls and serus lived.

When he saw the Wind Pillars and felt the energy inside them, he realized what it was and what they could do.

Dyne had also gotten a hold of some Door of Winds. It could feel that it was basically a compressed and harnessed energy that Wind Serus could use to create a strange platform of Wind, which could carry its riders off to vast distances and use the Wind Pillars as beacons.

And with that, Dyne knew he could alter the runic words on these wind pillars. With a bit of alteration, he could create a Time/Space energy that would connect with the other portals he had already built.

Dyne began to go to work and even asked for help from Torneko Danpas and Mayor Molina to have some skilled laborers build and create an altar for it.

After convincing the group to follow his designs, Dyne explained that it would create a more powerful wind.

You all know about the door of light, right?” Dyne asked.

Yes. Much like the Door of Wind, the kingdoms invested a lot in putting Light Pillars at the entrances of every dwelling where monsters and serus hide. Before the Mist, these places would often be the hunting grounds of all kingdoms. So we would create these pillars, and with a Light Seru with us, we could use the powers of the Seru to perform a Light Transfer to the Pillar. It cannot move great distances, but it's enough to get the people inside a dungeon out of it.” Molina explained.

Dyne nodded, but this was secretly the first time he heard how the Door of Lights worked. It just occurred to him that he never asked or was offered this since he never had a Light Seru.

Ye-yeah. I know.” Dyne nodded.

In any case, I will be building something like that. A Door of Darkness that opens from one town to the other. With this, we can easily meet my allies in Biron Monastery or the Ancient Wind and Water Caves.” Dyne explained.

What? Can you do that? But there is no energy like the Door of Wind or the Door of Light!”

I can do it.” Dyne pointed to Jedo as a small ball of darkness began to appear.

That power! How?!”

This isn’t a Seru. This is the same as that thief in the night carries with her that allows her to move through the Mist. Those guards who knew her probably thought it was some rare power or a rare artifact from the gods. It isn’t. It's a Ra-Seru. And these are the ones that can save all of Legaia!” Dyne explained.

A Ra-Seru?!”

Greetings,” Jedo spoke.

It... it speaks!” Torneko was amazed.

I’ll explain later. Everyone should work as hard as they can! My team will be resting here today, but we will be journeying out more often soon! Anyway, I got to go! Private action adventure starts now!” Dyne began to run back and wanted to explore the town excitedly.

Torneko and Molina watched with strange expressions.

That boy is quite a mystery...” Molina mumbled.

Indeed. But if his Seru is powerful and is made of darkness, you think he could open that?”

The ancient cave believed to be where the unknown god is said to dwell?”

Yes. The entrance to the magic dungeon is guarded by that dark magic that repels anyone and anything... I wonder if it can open it. I’ll ask him when we have the time...” Torneko sighed and directed the men to start working on the pillar and build a massive archway according to Dyne’s design.

Meanwhile, Dyne had returned to town; all he could think about were private actions.

Jedo shook his head at the insanity of Dyne in wanting to do Private Actions.

My master is clearly insane...”

Let’s see where this will get him...”

Dyne rushed in and began to explore the town.

The first group he saw involved the Hunters and how they were looking for more food that could be healthier for the beast that accompanied them. The strange young dinosaurs also resided in Dyne’s Monster Hive.

Dyne spoke to them a bit and began to advise them based on the book of Sammy Oak.

Taking care of our beasts is important. So you guys should be left with taking care of them. I have a lot on my plate, honestly.” Dyne sighed.

Leave it to us, master Dyne!” Esto smiled.

Rei and Ipkus also assured Dyne that they would take care of them.

Also, tell me if the Chocobos breed with each other. We need to figure out how to make them stronger.”

Even stronger?”

There could be chocobos that can easily walk through rivers and seas. Some could move and climb mountains as if they were nothing and carry us easily! Others could walk through seas, rivers and scale mountains all at once! There could even be those that can fly! They are the powerful means of transportation, so let's get serious, team!” Dyne smiled.

Alright, Master Dyne! Leave it to us!” The hunters assured, and Dyne moved out.

Interesting... Private actions allow me to have intimate moments that can help my teams improve. If I let them go and do their own thing, I can see their interests and help them improve their skills!” Dyne decided and quickly moved around town.

He then saw Jaden and Chad observing the metalworks of the items in town.

This world is rather curious. They don’t have magic... But see their weapons! The quality and strength are stronger!” Jaden watched.

Right. The weapons we got from the raids, those with magically enchanted, have great abilities. Still, the works here are rather spectacular.”

This world builds monsters differently.” Dyne arrived and chuckled.

Master Dyne!”

This world doesn’t have magic because there was no chance to cultivate it. The Serus was their source of magic. So why bother train when you can catch one?”

Indeed. It would be quite awesome if we could have those Serus now. But the Mist is very potent here. Even I can’t control the madness it brings. If not for the Ra-Serus that you and young Noa and Vahn bring, I fear I would have long given in to it.” Jaden answered.

I have a lot of gold here. It seems Vidna has a more advanced means of creating weapons. Without the Mist, and with the amazing source of geothermal energy, they could use Serus and devices here to create magnificent weapons. With your power, what you need is good weapons and armor. I plan to explore more about adding magic to weapons in the future. But for now, use this and outfit the team with great weapons and armor. The ones we have are already worn out from the journey.” Dyne gave him the purple card, which had tons and tons of gold from the many monsters they had slain and many more from the castles they raided.

This...! Such an amazing amount of gold!”

Gear us up, Jaden. You seem to have crafted your armor by yourself.” Dyne chuckled. Dyne recalled that the Knight character in Diablo 1 had blacksmith abilities and could even make emergency repairs to his weapons.

I will do my best.”

Gear me up, Jaden!” Dyne laughed as he moved out.

Jaden was stunned.

He wants me to gear him up? Then I guess I have to do my best!” Jaden clenched his fist and approached the table.

Behold the gold!” Jaden caused a mountain of gold to fall, and the weapon seller was amazed.

I want to create powerful weapons! Get me your most skilled craftsman!”

Ye-Yes!” The merchant exclaimed.

Knight Jaden!” Suddenly, Ipkus called out.

Hunter Ipkus?” Jaden was surprised to see him.

Just as you were tasked to create weapons, we were tasked with caring for the monsters! Can you help us create gears and armor for our team?”

Of course! This will be challenging, but I will not let Master Dyne down!” Jaden vowed.

It’s been a while since I got to see the genius blacksmith Jaden take up a hammer! Are you really up for this?”

It’s necessary! We all have our roles! Chad, I may need you to go out and hunt for items from the monsters we saw. We can use some of their body parts to build stronger items!”

Understood. Hunters? Care to join me?”

Sounds fun!”

While the group began their mission, Dyne saw Serge fishing by the beach.

Oh, right! There is a fishing mini-game in Legend of Legaia!” Dyne recalled and quickly approached Serge.

Suddenly, a strange cry was heard.

AWWWWWW!” The familiar cry echoed as Serge pulled the fishing rod back and pulled a Lippian out of the waters!

As the Lippian approached, Serge held on to his swallow and made a quick stab.

The Lippian fell to the ground and was squirming in pain.

What a genius! He caught a Lippian!” An onlooker watched in amazement.

Hmm... I wonder if the legendary Spirit Seru Fish lives here...” Serge sighed.

"That Serge! Damn it!" Strafe suddenly cursed out.

The moment Dyne heard it, he froze.

Spi-Spirit Seru Fish?!” Dyne shouted, causing Serge to jump back in shock.

3