Chapter 271: Bosses
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne had made his retreat, and Jaden and the rest were left to deal with the monster hordes.

“We have got to get out here! Those Killer Bisons can trample us with their number!” Torneko explained.

“Tanks at the front! Slimes of the Hunters form a moving platform under us!” Jaden became the leader of the team in the absence of Dyne.

The Slimes of the hunter followed and made the same slightly raised platform where Jaden stood.

“Amorien! Serge! Find us a way out of here! Go through the wolves! They don’t have high defenses, and you two should be fast enough to fight them! Move ahead and clear the path! Chad! Godhand! Torneko! Tetsu! We act as walls to stop the charge of these Bisons! Arya! Hunters! Support us and taunt the enemy! The rest follow the two and help clear the way of our retreat!”

Arya and the Hunters began to fire her arrows at Killer Bisons, who began to charge at them.

Jaden and his team of tanks began to hold off the Killer Bisons.

Behind them, Serge and Amorien rode their chocobos. Brod and Bertugo mounted their slimes, and Agumon rode Godhand with his two-handed sword ready for slicing actions. Scyther jumped over to Choco, whom Dyne mysteriously left behind to fight with the team.

The chocobos and the slimes were geared and had some armor over them, which gave them the confidence to blitz the enemy.

Amorien shot her bows, causing some of the charging wolves to lose balance. As they approached, Scyther, Serge, and Agumon swung their blades to cleave the wolves with a single swipe.

Bertugo and Brod also used their sword-arm to impale the wolves, thanks to their spirit and the acceleration of the slimes.

Their team charged at the back and began to fight through the wolves while the team Jaden took the blow of the Killer Bison's charge.

Rena, Shiva, and Ishreth were in charge of staying in between the two teams and made sure that Jaden could easily make their retreat by killing any other wolves that survived the front.

Ishreth roared as she swung her staff, which could now harness Spirit!

SMASH!

A wolf that survived the charge was struck in the face.

Rena used her knuckles to attack the enemy and could perform basic Spirit attacks thanks to the Power Elixir.

Shiva couldn't perform magic. But she used the ice to create sharp pikes on her arms, turning her legs into sharp blades.

Each kick and punch could slash and stab the wolves.

Jaden and the tanks held their ground as the slimes slowly moved back.

Arya and the Hunters did their best to weaken the Killer Bisons charge and any that could be met with terrifying force attacks by the tanks.

The group's experience in the long, drawn-out battle against the hordes of monsters showed itself here. Every member was now more sensitive in sparing their attacks in long-drawn-out actions and were using their Spirit more effectively. The level-ups they received also helped them perform stronger attacks, and they even began to use the healing items and the elixirs that enhanced Spirit more economically.

With the formation they assumed, the group began to push towards the tunnels. It took advantage of the narrow corridor to limit the number of forces they met.

“Amorien! Look for a good position to hold these beasts back!”

“On it!” Amorien answered as the group made their fighting march.

Meanwhile, Dyne and the rest were using the minecarts and jumping from one cart to another as they fought the wild orcs that chased them.

Chrone’s fighting style had changed as he wielded the staff that could extend and didn’t even use his Ape form. His high cultivation was enough to deal damage and harm to the Gi tribe orcs who harassed them.

With the playful use of the minecart, the five could move through the area quickly.

Nanaki had shown powerful strength in its bites due to its level-ups and the numerous beasts it ate. Through the Evil God, its skin color was starting to turn orange at Dyne’s orders.

Nanaki didn’t even ride the cart but had the speed of the run and kept up.

The group continued to travel deep into the mine, and they could feel powerful earth energy.

“ROAR!” A terrifying roar could be heard, and as it roared, the Gi tribe members began to panic and retreat.

“Just like in Legaia and other games, there are usually no wild encounters in the chambers where the boss dwells.” Dyne smiled. He made haste to rush here, knowing it would cause the monsters to retreat.

Following the sound of the roar, a massive creature moved out of a dark cave.

Chrone used his powers to create a bright light that shone around them.

Finally, the appearance of the creature was revealed.

It looked similar to the boss, Xain, in Legend of Legaia. Except, instead of a bull and centaur hybrid, this form was a Minotaur!

“What is that?!” Chrone was surprised.

“It looks like a... Killer Bison!”

“A Bison King. But look at its head!” Dyne pointed.

At that moment, Jedo was shocked.

“That! That is a Seru! But how?!”

The other Ra-Serus were also shocked at the scene.

“This is like Brod and Bertugo. It is a monster that managed to cultivate and gain sentience. That is how it can wear it.” Dyne explained.

The Minotaur approached and brought out a massive halberd.

“I knew it would be Minotaur. The Killer Bisons follow it for a reason. But that Seru is quite strong. Let’s try to take it!” Dyne laughed. The Seru bore the same shape as the Sim-Seru used on an unknown host in the actual game.

“Take it? Won’t the Seru die if we detach it from the host forcibly?”

“But that Seru isn’t really bonding with this Killer Bison. It’s only being forced with its unique power as a monster king. Besides, King Bull is a recruitable character.” Dyne spoke as he turned to Chrone and gave him a thumbs up.

Chrone was confused, not knowing that Dyne had brought Chrone in because he expected a mixture of Legaia and Journey West.

“I think that bull would want to eat you to gain eternal life. But don’t worry! Bulls are usually defeated by great apes!” Dyne said mysteriously.

“AWOOOO!”

A howl was heard at the back, and a massive wolf that stood on two feet appeared.

It was more muscular than the lean wolves that they saw back at the entrance.

“A speed wolf, huh? But even then, that one looks stronger. It feels like it can do Spirit!” Dyne observed. That wolf was supposed to appear on the last map of this game.

“A monster that can do Spirit? So the first monster king can wear a Seru, and this one can perform Spirit?”

“So we are up against these two?”

“Nope. Three. There should be one more! The Gi Tribe is here! So he should also appear!” Dyne glanced above them.

“How... did... you... know?” A creepy voice was heard from the skies above.

Chrone used his light to shine brighter and revealed the form of a man with dark wings.

“Lucky guess...” Dyne smiled.

“Who is that?! And how can it talk?”

“Well, let’s go with the theme here. We have a monster who managed to link with a seru, another who managed to learn how to use spirit, and here we have a rare occasion of a man becoming a monster! Of course, the Gi tribe transformed into those orcish forms because of its wildness. But here... is another man who was so evil, to begin with, that the Mist even allowed him to earn dark powers!” Dyne laughed.

“I sense... darkness in you... No matter. Together with these monster kings... King Bull and Seto, I, Gi Nattak, will kill you!” The dark man laughed.

“Not bad, Strafe. Four games as one!” Dyne laughed.

“Four? Legaia, Saiyuki, and Final Fantasy VII. That’s three!” Jedo frowned.

“There is one more. A Minotaur and a Werewolf together? Only one game has it. But Strafe made it that I would fight three here. Gi Nattak doesn’t follow his chieftain form in Final Fantasy VII. Instead, he has a demon crow form. So that means I get to fight using skills in that fourth and final game!” Dyne explained as he secretly talked to Jedo.

“Prepare to die!” Gi Nattak shouted as the three readied to attack.

“Help me out here, Jedo! Create a portal and teleport all of us!” Dyne shouted, and a portal appeared. Everyone dove in and appeared at another place where they were no longer surrounded by the three.

But as Dyne appeared, he stood up, and two balls of Brimstone gathered in his hand.

“Dark Inferno!” Dyne shouted as he released the attack's name from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Read up to chapter 400+ in my patreon page!

2