Chapter 8: The Carnation Club
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aaryn wandered down the streets of San Francisco. Spring Break had arrived and both Julian and Evan went back home but Aaryn stuck behind to work at his job helping out Lorenzo at his shop and earn some extra money. But he was quickly regretting it 2 days in. The days are so boring all alone and with nothing to do being that schools out. Checking the time on his phone he thought about what he could do. Eventually deciding to just meander around town until he ran into something to do and pass the time.

While walking Aaryn remembered that Alexander was still in San Francisco and almost considered seeing if he wasn't busy but shook his head at the idea. While for the most part his friends and he agreed to give Alexander another chance and start over it was still very awkward between them and he definitely preferred to have other people around when they were hanging out to help cushion said awkwardness. Sighing he continued onward, unknowingly making his way to a strip of various entertainment shops. One of them did video games, another shop sold board games. Aaryn took a look around the Video Game store for any new releases but left unsatisfied. Stretching his bored muscles he resigned himself to walking to Lorenzos and have the old man keep him company for a few hours but then the sight of a person walking on the other side of the road caught his eyes. A woman with long blonde hair, Aaryn immediately recognized her as Lucy Reiza, the top student in college with straight As and President of the Student Government. Aaryn watched as she walked and saw her enter a venue a few stores down, it kinda surprised Aaryn that a woman such as Lucy Reiza would go into a place like that, he would've thought she would spend every waking moment of her day studying or curing cancer. Looking at the name of the venue though Aaryns curiosity was peaked. "The...Carnation Club?" appreciating the alliteration yet entirely confused about what it could be Aaryn was just bored enough to investigate.

Entering the shop Aaryn was met with a very floral scent. A woman with wire-rim glasses was sitting at a desk typing away at a computer, looking around Aaryn saw a sign with various prices, "Oh this is a dance studio..." Aaryn mumbled to himself and was about to turn away when the receptionist turned to him, "Are you here for the show? I can give you 50% off for a ticket. We haven't managed a single sale and I swear it'll be my head if we turn away empty-handed!" Aaryn looked around for notice of a show and saw it, a dance performance featuring...Lucy Reiza! Well...Aaryn guessed if it was 50% off he couldn't say no. At worst he would have killed some time for a bit. Forking over the change Aaryn got his ticket and entered the small auditorium it was held at. There seemed to only be enough seating for about 2 dozen people. And being the only one there made him feel really weird but he took a seat anyway and began texting Evan and Julian about his interesting situation. Eventually, the lights slightly dimmed and a single person walked out on stage. Her eyes gazed over the empty seats before they briefly met Aaryns in the far back corner.

Not making any sort of reactions she simply bowed, moved into position, and waited for the music to begin...

And when it did...Any of Aaryn's former boredom was whisked away. He was stunned by Ms. Reiza's dance, they were so fluid...so natural...he could think of no other word for her dances except "perfection". The way she danced with the music made it appear as the music and dance were one and the same Aaryn was speechless as she leaped across the almost claustrophobic space that made up the stage, nothing she did was hampered. It was all perfectly plotted and executed. All Aaryn could do in response was sit back and watch.

Once it was over the lights simply came back and Lucy Reiza bowed and left the stage about as awkwardly as she came on as a single round of applause rang out from the audience.

Aaryn walked out of the auditorium to greet the dancer when she left, seeing her walk down the hallway Aaryn gave an awkward wave, "Lucy Reiza right? I think we are in the same computer science class." Lucy walked up to Aaryn and looking up at the tall figure she gave a small smile, "Yeah I believe I remember you. You sit in the back of class on the right correct?" Aaryn gave a little chuckle. "Yep. That's me. Anyway, you were simply amazing back there! I never knew you were into dancing! Where did you find the time to learn?" Lucy was putting some objects in her purse as she answered, "Oh the carnation club is a small little operation teaching people to dance and put on short shows. So I decided to start learning to help out the place and as it turned out I was a bit of a prodigy." She started walking to the door, waving towards the receptionist as she left, Aaryn quickly moved to the front, "Wow that is great! Let me just grab the door for you here. You know I-ahhh!" As Aaryn took a step outside to hold the door open for Lucy he suddenly found his feet whisked out from under him and his body suspended in the air. "Haha I have you now!" a man said revealing himself from the shadows. Aaryn looked above him to spot a very slender stand holding his legs up from the ground. It stood at the top of the building. Maybe another 12 feet in the air yet its arms were able to stretch all the way to the bottom and ambush Aaryn like that. Lucy gasped, "A stand!"

Aaryn was almost even more shocked, "You can see these things!"

"You can too!?"

"Of course I can! If you have a stand why don't you help me and we discuss this later?" the enemy stand started pulling Aaryn up. Its slowly retracting to a normal length. Lucy looked over at the enemy stand user and began walking forward, "tsk tsk mademoiselle. I would not recommend that course of action. You may think me vulnerable away from my stand but-!" and he suddenly lept forward drawing a blade and slicing down into Lucy's shoulder. "-You will find me quite capable!" Lucy though seemed unfazed by the movement and arching her body backward she managed to mostly dodge the blow in a single fluid motion before punching the man right in the stomach. The blow to the stomach gave the stand trapping Aaryn enough pause that he managed to head-but it and summon Lounge Act. Using its superior strength to break free and jumped back away from it. The slender stand simply stood there awaiting its next orders. "Lucy are you alright!" Aaryn hollered from the rooftop hoping she would hear.

Down below Lucy was facing the bladed stand master, her shoulder was bloodied from the near-miss but she stayed on her feet and moved into a fighting stance, "The stand user is armed but I will deal with him easily. You handle the stand itself!" The man chuckled, "I must say mademoiselle that was a skilled movement but mere dancing prowess will not protect you against the great Pierre Delacour! Only a true master of the blade has been able to match my strength and that was mine own teacher! I'd like to see how you and your stand will fare! Considering you are unarmed." He similarly moved into a fighting stance, "Now! Reveal your stand and let us bout!"  He swiftly charged forward swinging his blade, Lucy smirked, "You are mistaken monsieur." She quickly dodged out of the way, "My stands ability rests not in its own fighting prowess but in how it aids me in my understanding of the world." Conducting a backflip she again moves out of the way of another slash before counter-attacking and sweeping Pierre's legs. Pierre himself was surprisingly athletic and managed to stay on his feet, "My stand 'Evil Woman' allows me to fluently understand and speak any language and my friend, the martial arts and combat is yet another language in this great world of ours." She swung and flipped and danced as Lucy dodged every single one of Pierres swings, "Your sabre remise is basic. Easily predictable."

Pierre huffed and drew back. Fine then, if you claim you are a master of the arts then that means I won't hold back! Even if you are a woman I shall cut you limb from limb for intruding upon my operation! En garde!"

To be continued...

0