Chpater 11: …Into the fire.
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julian was sitting on his couch in the condo he owned in San Francisco. Aaryn and Evan were on chairs flanking him. Evan was talking to yet another new girlfriend of his, Aaryn was looking at the recent football statistics from the previous season and was in the midst of an online debate relating to the usefulness of a player on his favourite team. Julian was simply sprawled on his couch and looking at the blank screen of his phone. Classes were back on and the three were already sick of classes hence they're finding any distraction not to do their work. Despite this amazing bout of procrastination all three were actually expecting something in a few minutes, a call from Alexander relating to the subject of a Stand attack on Aaryn and Lucy Reiza last week. They were curious about the origins of the man and where he could've been sent from. Alexander suspected the people his father used to work at and said he would investigate, still technically a member despite his father's sudden retirement from the organization.

Evan finally got off the phone after more minutes of them talking and the room fell silent as Evan just moved to doing something else on his phone. The three continued waiting mostly patiently for the call and after some time it finally came, "Alexander, what do yo have for us?"

"I dislike this idea of speaking over the phone, I am making my way over to give you the details personally. All I'll say is there is talks of handling you 3. Having already defeated 2 of their Stand Users these people want to exact their justice quickly. I will be over in 10 minutes to explain further." and Alexander hung up. 

Upon his arrival he nods to them and enters the living room, setting down his laptop. "So the mans name was Pierre Delacour, as...Lucy told you. He was apparently hired by these guys to handle you. I guess there is an entire mercenary base of Stand Users out here. It appears alot more organized than I previously thought." He opens his laptop and begins typing away at his keyboard eventually turning it around to show them, "Do you all know this new company that recently popped up? It gained a bit of fame at the end of last year for being the fastest and largest growing company in history?" All 3 looked at the screen, which showed the main website for a company named "J&J enterprise" an apparent research and development company. All three have definitely heard of it but just as a passing sight in the news.

Turning the laptop back around Alexander pulled up some files and starts to go through them, "I did some digging, not enough to raise suspiciion I hope but also I was able to figure out things on my own through deducing my own experiances and cross-referencing those with what both my father and my research have brought up it was really quite easy to gather together a working hypothesis. You see here-" and Alexander proceeded to go on for a long time about his theories on the inner workings relating to this elaborate underground stand organzation and experiments in the anatomy and brain activity with stand users. Most of it went entirely over the gangs head, if this is just a bit of what consists of Alexanders ramblings and mutterings when he's talking to himself the 3 are more than happy not to listen once more. Eventually though Alexander stop his ramblings of how he reached a conclusion and actually got to his point, "I believe they are definitely attempting something with these stand arrows but I still do not have enough info on what that could be or even who's behind it. My father allegedly was working around here because there was an arrow allegedly being held in San Francisco. But no one has managed to figure out who would hold it or even if it is actually here."

All three sat back and took that all in, eventually Aaryn put hs face in his hands and groaned, "So basically we pissed off some secret organization and now they are trying to kill us?"

Alexander shrugged, "No witnesses I guess." He sets down his laptop and smiles, "The good news of all this is I have an in. Apparently the head honcho of this organization either finds my skills or my stand valuable enough that he said I can take over finding out if this stand arrow really exists in San Francisco and who owns it and we can keep them from getting it!"

Julian nods, "I guess that would be useful. I tell ya I don't want to live out the rest of my college days hunted by some organization. This is a first attempt by this people to get us I be there would be more. Maybe we should make a plan if they decide to excalate?"

"If that's the case should we call Lucy? She fell victim to an attack as well. Even if it was partly my fault, I feel if they decide to move their retaliation on her as well she should at least be in on the plan." The rest of the posse agreed and waited for Lucy to arrive. After introducing herself to everyone and after informing them of her stand she sat next to Alexander using「Evil Woman」she was able to assist in gathering data through code and analyze it all.

"So now that we are all here what should we do? Obviously we cannot just go through the next 4 years or whatever getting hunted by these people but obviously we also can't just go out galivanting. We got school and work to think about." Lucy spoke up.

Evan chuckled, "I duno I wouldn't mind a little adventure right now!" seeing his comment fall flat he crossed his arms and sat back.

"Well currently I believe no matter what me and Alexander are going to try and figure out if we can locate this mysterious man and gather more evidence about their operation. Maybe if we can get enough info we don't have to do anything. We can alert the authorities. Or if sands are involved I remember my parents talking about a thing called the 'Speedwagon foundation' apparently its an organization that can help out stand users or solve stand problems." Lucy responded. Most were taken aback by how quickly she took charge, most  have heard of the Speedwagon Foundation. It was famous for its philanthropy and sponsorships but hearing about the deeper part of it was interesting.

"In that case why don't we just contact them?" Julian asked, "Well I don't know how I would go about getting to 'stand department'. All I know is my parents used to be aware of their operations relating to that area. How would we even prove we are trustworthy? And bureaucracy..." Everyone groaned when Lucy mentioned that, quickly deciding to shelve the idea. Julian stood up and went to his kitchen to grab a drink, "Well if ourselves are going to find this man when we find him why don't we just inform him of whats happening and either have him hand it over or have it destroyed? Best-case scenario he is also a stand user and so knows to go into hiding or something. Worst case he is a normal man and we gotta take it from him to destroy it. No matter what happens I just do not want to die while I'm still in college."

Aaryn nods his head, "That works for me. I don't think we have to be so extreme though. Once we find the man how about we start with the taking to him. If poking someone with it gives ou a stand as you say if he's normal we can poke him and that would help keep it from J&Js hands." 

"Yes! and depending on who he is it may also allow us  more info on how to draw out this organization!" Alexander sad exitedly pulling back out his laptop and began talking with Lucy on various codes and ways to covertly gather info."

The gang talked for a couple more hours on plans, developing strategies with their stands and discussing possible safe points for congregation like Lorenzo's or The Carnation Club. Eventually, as it was getting dark, Lucy got up and bid the boys farewell. The boys were staying at Julians to spend the evening and continued discussing. Near the end, right as they were headed off to bed Aaryn turned to Evan and exclaimed, "Looks like you ended up getting that adventure anyway."

0