Chapter 15: The race
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Evil Woman!" Lucy calls out pointing towards the man, Alberto Degara. A ribbon shot out of the man's back towards Lucy's hand. Catching it she pulls more of the ribbon closer as the man slumps over unconscious. She quickly begins looking it over. Skimming through some parts and reading the rest. Jumping to different parts. Aaryn was surprised, "Woah! I didn't know you could that!" Lucy smirked, "Well I can read and understand everything. Including one's soul, I recently learned. It's no mind-reading but if he was successful his soul should be quite glad about that fact." Aaryn simply nodded as he kept a lookout for trouble. Grabbing his radio he calls into Alexander, "Alexander we have him here. Just figuring out if he has the info we need." "Roger that you two. Keep in touch if trouble approaches. I will make my way there still."

Lucy kept reading the words on the ribbon as the minutes went by. Aaryn becoming ever more anxious. "I got it!" Lucy called out a few minutes later, "I accidentally read over it sorry my first time through sorry!" Aaryn ran over and looked over her shoulder, to his surprise nothing was legible on the ribbon. It just looked like a normal ribbon to him. But Lucy pointed to a spot on the ribbon and said, "This person's name is Benjamin Bitander. Lives at Russian Hill. That'll be convenient." she read through it more. Before setting it down and snapping it back into the man. Quickly ushering Aaryn somewhere, "typically they do not realize that anything happened but we still gotta be careful." The two quickly extricate themselves from the scene and quickly return to their dorms bidding each other good night.

When he came in Evan was sitting on his chair looking as if he was doing homework but was also spaced out. He jumped as Aaryn entered the dorm, "Ah! Aaryn you startled me!" Getting up he walked over to Aaryn, "Did you succeed? Do we have our guy?" Aaryn nodded, smiling a bit. We got him and found out where he lives and confirmed he has the arrow! Apparently, in 3 days they are going to go and grab the arrow so we have until then to figure out how to proceed. We are going to mention in more detail tomorrow after classes. I am really tired now and need some sleep." The adrenaline of the evening wearing off he yawns as he puts everything down and falls onto his bed. Evan sighs and puts away the items, turning off the lights to allow Aaryn the rest he needs.

When classes were all five friends were sitting at Lorenzo's eating some pizza and discussing their next plans. "If we have 2 days left we should try to see if we can speak with him, to be honest, I don't exactly know how to go about that or even if he will do anything but if we can convince him to leave the city or get rid of the arrow that is best case scenario in my opinion," Evan said between bites of pizza. Julian nodded, "That seems our best bet honestly. I can perhaps use my fame to meet with him and bring one or two of you guys with me. The others should just be outside to make sure the coast stays clear." Most nodded in understanding. Aaryn spoke up at this point, "If push comes to shove do we hit our man with the arrow to see if he develops a stand and can assist us?" There were some murmurs as people gave their opinions they were split on the matter. After some discussion, they agreed to just leave it to how this Benjamin man reacts to everything. After they discuss a few more minor details Julian informs them to give him tomorrow to set up a meeting. As tomorrow is a weekend they hope he will be available to meet the next day. So after getting a last slice of pizza, on the house from Lorenza as he had closed up shop already and was about to toss it out they all left for their respective homes. To wait and see if Julians attempt to get a meeting will bear any fruit.

The next day passed rather uneventfully. Most stayed at their homes working on schoolwork or going about their daily lives as normal and trying not to think much about the time limit they are on to try and reach the arrow before J&J corporation does. It was almost dinnertime when Aaryn got a call from Julian. "I got into contact with Mr. Bitander. Apparently, he is an enthusiast for these rare artifacts, and when I told him that I have detailed info on the history of the arrow he said he can meet with me and one other person. Alexander already said he can't join us. So I believe Lucy would be best suited to help me convince this man we aren't crazy. What's your opinion?"

Aaryn thought for a moment, "Yeah makes sense. Evan and I could watch outside for if anything happens. Have you spoken to Lucy about this yet?" 

"No. You are the first person I called as I wanted your input. If we can meet up tonight at my place to discuss final plans, and also research the history of that thing, it would be great."

Aaryn nodded, "I know Evan and I will be free. Don't know about Lucy though."

"Great. See you then!" and Julian hung up the phone.

An hour later everyone was gathered at Julian's house discussing last-minute plans. Lucy was telling Julian everything she knew of the arrows from stories she heard of her parent's time in the Speedwagon Foundation. Aaryn and Evan were looking at a satellite image of Russian Hill debating where the best spot would be to set up camp and watch the house in case of trouble. Everyone was gearing up for the day they were all waiting for. A plan they all made months ago finally coming together. Depending on how tomorrow went as well could change their very lives as well.

The next day everyone got up out of bed early. They all spent the night at Julian's place and spent the morning gathering supplies in case of a fight, food for the guards as they would be waiting a couple of hours, and going over what they planned to discuss with Mr. Bitander again. After they all ate lunch they walked over to Russian Hill, Aaryn and Evan split off to go to their positions while Julian and Lucy continued to the man's house. Arriving, they rang the doorbell and the man's housemaid opened the door. Looking at the two she said, "Hello. May I help you two?"

"Hi. My name's Julian Iridone. I had planned to meet with Mr. Bitander on some of his artifacts." The woman nodded in understanding. Remembering that her boss told her these people would be coming. Ushering them inside she left to go find the master of the house and both Julian and Lucy held their breath in apprehension for the next couple of hours.

0