Chapter 17: Battle on Russian Hill Pt. 1
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Frank. They've arrived and do not seem happy."

Frank in response takes off his glasses, "Just as we predicted. If there are only 3 this should be a breeze. None can beat us when our powers are combined. Although," He looks to his side where an ad hoc bandage stems the blood from a gaping wound on his side, "I was not expecting the man to have a stand. Alberto said he was standless."

The other man shrugged, "A mere miscalculation. It plays no part in the ensuing battle. You mustn't move much though. Stay hidden up here. I will go down and confront them. If it's just me they will never expect it when Lonely Heart arrives."

"Agreed. Good luck Bajor."

And the man jumped from the roof and began walking towards the home of the late Benjamin Bitander.


The 3 were still around the house. Alexander was off in another room investigating more while Aaryn and Lucy were still amidst the wreckage of the living room when a man approached. He had dark skin and short curly hair. Sporting rather casual clothes and a grin on his face, "Hey! If you come to fight I have orders to kill you if I ran into ya! So let us fight! Let out some of that anger before your timely demise!" He yelled at them across the street.

Aaryn was livid and was more than willing to wipe the stupid grin off this man's face. Lounge Act, still out cracked its knuckles and moved into a fighting stance. Lucy similarly moved into a fighting stance and began taking a look at her surroundings. The man in return made a mocking fighting stance and chuckled at Aaryn. "Didn't Benjamin say there were two?" Lucy thought to herself, she decided to go in cautiously and stay focused on the man lest they be ambushed and was about to turn to face Aaryn but in his anger, he leaped forward! The mockery of the man just made of him fueling his rage. Revenge for the 3 dead on his lips as Lounge Act cried out. 

The man held his ground as a puff of smoke emerged from him, obstructing Lounge Acts view. It stayed put as it attempted to make out the man in the smoke when he felt a punch connected with its face. The punch wasn't very powerful most the pain came from the surprise of the punch and also seeing the one responsible for said punch, the man's stand emerged from the smoke, it looked like a beautiful fairy woman, strutting out with silk-like wings and jewelry adorning every part of it. Its smile was so disarming as it winked at Lounge Act.

Such a ploy was definitely off-putting for Lounge Act and Aaryn. But hesitation would lead to death and this stand had to be defeated quickly. He went in to punch the stand again but before he could even raise his fists all his rage left him, he couldn't bring himself to raise his fists in anger against this man or his stand. The stand began walking closer to Lounge Act. Aaryn knew he should probably defend himself against this fool but just couldn't gather up the motivation or strength to do anything about it. Is this its power? Does it suck away his anger and motivation to fight? He mentally facepalms as the man exits the smoke, "It appears realization has dawned on your face Aaryn Minyard. Whatever you may be thinking my stand is most likely correct. 「Easy Lover」is its name and with it I can suck away anyone's will to fight! Your anger and rage towards me only sped up that process making dealing with you a piece of cake. The strength you give me is the sweetest ecstasy! 

Easy Lover was about to touch Lounge Act. Whatever would've happened then a mystery as Lucy lounged forward and kneed Easy Lover in the face. Easy Lover reeled back as the man clutched his face and wiped away some blood from his nose. Grunting the man frowned and Easy Lover once more sprout smoke from itself obscuring the view once again. Lucy clutched Aaryns arm and looked him in the eyes, "Are you okay? You seemed frozen." Aaryn shook his face, "I am alright I just...can't seem to work up the will to fight him. I'm sorry it's the stand's ability." Aaryn mentally grimaced at the apathy in his voice and hoped such an effect will wear off soon. Lucy nodded, "I see...to be honest, I am kinda feeling something from its stand myself. It's not too strong but I feel this is a fight I should stay level headed. He did say it works faster the angrier you are." She gave a condescending look to Aaryn.

Before Aaryn could react though a new foe appeared from the smoke. This stand was not Easy Lover but another stand. It gracefully moved through the smoke in the air and appeared to move towards Aaryn in slow-motion. Yet despite its lack of movement Aaryn couldn't bring himself to move! His will to continue the fight still proved too weak to bother moving out of the stands way. Lucy was about to try and kick it when it suddenly shifted to their right up the hill. The stand suddenly seemed to catch up with the time and quickly flew over the air and fell to the ground. As Julian came charging down the hill with Money for Nothing. Easy Lover saw what happened and turned around. Just as one of MFN's fists came crashing into it. It flew up into the air and seemed to wave its hands in a pattern. Twigs and leaves then popped out from the stone pavement and attempted to ensnare both Julian and his stand. MFN punched away some of the plant life engulfing them but eventually, it was too much, and as Julian got ensnared MFN was similarly put out of action.

The stand that Julian had knocked over slowly got back up and jumped into the air seemingly continuing its slow motion. Easy Lover turned back to Aaryn annoyed, "Your friend caused me to use a lot of the strength you gave me. Consider this a warning." As he was saying Aaryn already began to notice that his motivation was starting to return. He didn't feel it 100% but at least he could bring himself to bother about self-preservation. While he still couldn't bring himself to actually fight he could at least move very fast with the help of Lounge Act. Having Lounge Act hold him the stand dug into the ground and jumped to the side moving at incredible speed thanks to its strength. Hopefully, this will be fast enough for OOMPH!

Aaryn's momentum came to a very unceremonious halt as Julian used MFN to swap his speed with Aaryns and he flew out of Easy Lovers vines and into the wall of the Bitander household. He was a bit hurt from it but still mobile. Running over to Lucy and Aaryn he said, "Hello there! I see we are handling ourselves this fine evening?" Aaryn rolled his eyes, "Come on. Evan may be right behind you. Alexander must be staying back before Both Sides Now can do something. Let's just keep our cool and figure out a way out of this."

To be continued...

0