Chapter 2: Fate Holder
48 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the light faded, Mawi felt refresh and filled with power. Even his frail appearance had a faint change as his muscles toned up a bit. He was only around 170 cm tall while his body was somewhat skinny. However, it was now toned up a bit but filled with strength.

When he felt the magical feeling, Mawi opened up his status panel with a subconscious thought like he knew what to do.

Ding!

Mawi Hellios

Job: Joker

Strength: 10 (F)

Agility: 10 (F)

Stamina: 10 (F)

Mana: 101 (E)

Job Skills;

[Switch] – The user can temporarily add the numerical value of one attribute to another attribute of the same rank for 5 seconds.

Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Consumption: 10 mana.

[Shifter] – The user can change the 15% of the facial feature for 30 seconds.

Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Consumption: 20 mana

[Sly] – The targeted enemy will enter a confuse state for 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 7 seconds.

Consumption: 5 mana.

[Sheer Luck] – Passively increase the Luck by two folds. As a joker you are now unchained from the cosmos’ systematic fate. You now hold your own fate!

When he saw his status panel, Mawi was at first somewhat disappointed as his first three attributes were pretty average. However, starting to his mana numerical value until to his exclusive job’s skills caused him to agape.

He just now truly understood the meaning of unique. It was truly unique. Just with these numbers of skills, if he used it tactfully and carefully, he believed he could now survive for a long run. Especially about the last passive skill, it was the literal example of fate changer!

Although there was no combat skill, Mawi was still satisfied at what he got. Just as he closed his status panel, a late notification came at a sudden.

Ding!

[You’ve acquired the Title – Fate Holder]

Fate Holder – A title rewarded to whom fate was unbounded from Cosmos.

Effect: +100 Luck

Skill: Instant Recovery – As long as your heart beating, you will be instantly healed back at your peak. Number of use: 1 time a day.

“Wow…” Mawi could only exclaim a single word of admiration in the sudden surprise.

In all his life, this was the first time he ever felt that he was insanely lucky. As though all his accumulated luck finally began working!

With this title, his luck would become 200 with the passive effect of the ‘Sheer Luck’ while he also had an extra life with the ‘Instant Recovery’ title skill.

After equipping the title and checked his status panel, Mawi checked the received basic necessities rewards. It was a small leather pouch. Although its appearance was too misleading, the inside of the pouch was a 3-cubic meter space.

Inside it were basic leather items with a dagger and an iron sword with scabbard. There was also a pair of 5-cm long glass tube with one of them had red liquid while the other one had pale-blue liquid. Those were the basic health and mana recovery potions.

It was literally just basic necessities for beginners. It doesn’t even include some bottled waters and dry foods.

Although he was not entirely clueless at the sudden changed in the world, he was still uncertain about the danger that could come in the future.

Hence, Mawi immediately equipped the basic items and hung his iron sword and dagger after he coiled the leather belt around his waist.

He was now wearing set of leather items over his school uniform. Afterwards, Mawi climbed down the roof and arrived at the 4th Floor of the school building. His current goal was to get out of the school building and to look for information about the world’s situation. Since it would be uncomfortable to anyone if someone was living in a place he was not familiar at all.

The school building was truly in a mess despite not collapsing. Cracks were all over the place as though a simple aftershock would be enough to destroy the whole building.

He also realized that he still hasn’t met any students even after walking for minutes already.

‘Was it because the sudden explosion happened when it was break time…?’ He thought.

As he was cautiously and carefully heading down to the 3rd floor, Mawi discovered some students who were wearing lab-coat lying on the floor of the hallway.

Although he was not a goody-two shoes person, Mawi still did not hesitate to move closer and woke them up one by one.

“Hey. Wake up. Wake up!”

“Ugh!”

“Ouch…!”

The students on the ground began to wake up with a groan while holding their head that was seemingly in pain.

Moment later when they got back to their senses, they immediately voiced out a question as they surveyed their surroundings.

“W-What actually happened…?”

“The last thing I remember was the sudden explosion that was followed by an earthquake…”

“Me too… That’s all I can remember as well.”

“W-Was it a terrorist attack…?”

Upon hearing the female student question, one of the male students with pair of spectacles immediately refuted, saying. “I don’t think so. If you based the previous explosion to something, you can only compare it to a nuclear bomb. And only the highest authorities could deploy something like that.”

“You bet. However, what if one of the terrorist is one of authorities you mentioned!?”

“I…”

The male student with spectacles fell silent as the words of the other student made sense.

Mawi could only watch them silently on the side as though no one could see him when the same female student in a lab coat who brought up the topic about terrorist suddenly pointed out the most important topic.

“Uhm… Can you guys see these words as well?”

“What are you talking–!!” The student who was about to ask couldn’t continue his words as he fell agape with widened eyes when he saw the same words Mawi saw earlier that was displayed before their eyes.

 “W-What is this!?”

“Cosmos System? What is this? Can you touch this?!”

“Wow. It works! Oh choices for additional reward appeared!”

“Wah! You’re right.”

“What’s with these choices? Item, Skills, and a (Normal) Job Changer!?”

“What? Haha, mine is Rare Job Changer!”

Upon hearing the conversations of the students, Mawi could not stop himself from frowning. It seems the rewards were not the same to everyone. It means he could not just blabber a thing about his job!

He was the most familiar about being different to other people. He knew something not good would happen if someone discovered his unique job. Fortunately, he doesn’t have anyone to talk to about his self. Well, in the first place, he was never a talkative person.

As the students conversed with each other, someone suddenly could not hold her confusion any longer and yelled out, “How can you all adapt to this situation quickly? Don’t you find it suspicious? No… the whole situation is too suspicious. What was that explosion all about? And there is this weird stuff appearing that you could only find in a game. How you all can be so calm about this? Can’t you worry about yourself first…?”

The female student paused for a moment before continuing, “Are you all not worried about your families!?”

Upon hearing the blabbering of the female student, the hallway fell silent as they contemplate the female student’s words.

“The council president is right…” The students murmured.

Mawi finally remembered the female student in a lab-coat. He thought she was familiar to him, he actually forgot that she was the council president.

As though finally someone saw him, the council president looked towards Mawi and spoke.

“You… What’s with your get-up? Ah, never mind that. Where did you come from? Do you know the situation outside?”

Realizing that the council president was talking to someone, the students finally discovered Mawi who was strangely armed like a newbie warrior.

“I-I came from the r-rooftop!”

‘Oh shit!’ Mawi could only curse himself when he suddenly stuttered. No one could blame him since he was not good in making conversation.

Frown surfaced on the council president’s face upon hearing Mawi’s timid answer. Mawi then continued, “I’m afraid you won’t believe me so I guess it’s better if you see it with your own eyes.”

Mawi nodded in his mind when he finally answered without stuttering.

The frown on the council president’s became deeper as she could understand Mawi’s words. Something unbelievable happened outside. The other students also understood him. However, some of them couldn’t hold enough their curiosity and immediately rushed to the rooftop without any sense of care to the surrounding they were stepping on.

Since they were not that far from the rooftop, the students who ran first quickly reached it followed by school’s council president. On the other hand, Mawi did not move and considering if he should move on his own now.

Hence, without so much deliberation, Mawi head towards the 3rd Floor by himself. He knew that he was not the type to work with a group. After all, he was just a ‘nobody’ in this school. So, he understood that the others probably won’t like his presence.  Or maybe he was over-thinking. In anyways, moving alone was his forte.

Walking down on the staircase that connected to the 3rd floor, Mawi began to hear a sound in the distance that seems like a scream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2