Cap. 1, Burned to the ground, Walk through memories
27 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fire.” Everywhere is just fire. 

 

I run to the exit, looking for the last time, at my home. Yes, I am a loser, but it's for the first and last time, because I need help. I knew this day will come, but it came too soon. Two people were guarding the exit, so I couldn't leave. But, in the end, I am not scared by two people. 

 

“Hey guys! I was just passing by. Don't mind me!” I smile, trying to pass by. I knew they won't let me, one of them trying to hurt me. I felt the blade of his sword by my shoulder, me getting out of the way. 

 

“It's really fun!” I shout, ducking this time too. I decide to end, I knew I don't have time to play and I need to find helpers. From two moves I finish with the guardians, running to the nearby hill. There are, usually, different types of lords, from different clans. 

 

“Is someone here?” I shout, starting to cry. The crying wasn't a real one, it was just something that happens usually, but without sentiments. I didn't ever cry of sadness, more just because of need. I didn't received a reply. I didn't even know why did I expected to receive one, it was already evening. I couldn't see clearly what was happening right now in Wang clan section, but I was scared I'll get there and I'll find just ruins and dead bodies. Eventually I'll be back and I won't be at all happy with what I find. 

 

I get to the top of the hill, looking towards the city. How can I ask someone for help? Of course no one will ever help me, I am Wang Liang… My tears stained my white clothes with a strong shade of red. It looked like I was hurt, but I was entirely fine. That was one of the reasons I didn't like to cry, I cry with tears of blood. Sometimes, I regret who I am… 

 

I can't even imagine how cowardly I was in this situation, running away and left the whole clan behind. Why did my father have to let me be a clan leader? He knew I couldn't handle it, I don't know what he had in mind. 

 

I look out the gates of the Wei clan, hoping to see someone come out. But I didn't expect that to actually happen! 

 

“Help…” I say one last time, then I fall. My heartbeat was very fast, which is why my eyes were red. Whenever my heart beats faster than usual, my eyes turn red and maybe I start crying. The person saw it, so it ran towards me. 

 

“Are you all right, young lord? Can you hear me?” Say a woman's voice. I wish I could have answered her, but I didn't have enough power. “Don't worry, I'll make sure you get better.” Her voice shows she wasn't older than 20 years, so I was kind of happy. “Zihao! Wei Zihao!Come, please help me!” Another series of steps can be heard coming this way, everything was getting better and better. It was like I was laughing, but I abstained and just opened my eyes a little bit. I saw a tall silhouette in green clothes. It looked like a boy. 

 

“What happened? Who is he?” Says the boy in a gentle tone. 

 

“I found him here, The only words he said were "help". Let's take him home and see what happened…”

 

“Mei Xing, you can't bring home any stranger you find.” Says the boy, in a more serious tone. 

 

“But that's what your father did with me! Aren't you glad I'm here? Come on, we don't have time for your crap, I thought you were better!”

 

“But I am! But he… looks kind of familiar. We don't even know his name and witch clan he's from!” The boy takes a break from talking, as if he's accomplished something, then says again, "But if you think we should help him, come on. Help me pick him up." 

 

The girl claps her hands, grabbing my right shoulder, and the boy on my left shoulder. 

When we were finally standing, the boy said again, in the same gentle tone, "Do you think you can walk?"

 

I knew he was talking to me, so with my eyes still closed, I replied, "Yes, but I need a little help."

That being said, the boy held me tightly, but still gently, by my left arm. During all this time, I had not opened my eyes at all. If I did, they would surely catch who I am and let me die, maybe they would even kill me.

 

I was quite famous among cultivators for how mysterious and at the same time strange I was. It is rumored that my mother was poisoned and that my father had a child with her only because he was enchanted, that I was cursed or that we were a family of demons and that we used black magic. In short, nothing good. I was already thinking about what I would do the next day, when I would have to open my eyes, but the ideas came up just seconds after I thought about it.

 

The boy spoke again, “Mei Xing, help me, take him to my room. I don't want my brother to know I brought him." His tone was still soft but his voice sounded a little more frightened.

 

"Yes! I understand." The two enter the gates of the Wei clan, with me. I open my eyes a little, wanting to see what's going on inside. Two people were standing next to a rather small, light green building. The two of them were taking me there, the boy must have lived there. Curiosity was burning in me, I wanted to know who this boy was.

 

"Take care, Mei Xing. Young Lord, do you want to stay here tonight, are you willing to do it? If not, I can take you to my brother, but I don't know how excited he will be about this whole thing… ”he says, hesitating a little.

I interrupt him, saying, "No, it's good here. I don't want to meet your brother… not again. I stay where you want, just don't take me to him! ” I looked down, remembering everything I had suffered with his brother

 

3 years ago I met him for the first time. A serious young man in everything, but also bad with someone who didn't know how to behave properly with him.

Dad was talking to him in the main hall. “Ah Bei, come. I'll introduce you to someone. "

 

I see a man, aged between 30 and 32 years. I was only 16 at the time, I was not very used to people and by no means to people like him. I bow, looking at him. Even though I was already a 16-year-old, I didn't know how to talk to him. Until I was 16, I was alone with my mother. We both lived in a house where no one ever entered except my father. With my mother, I spoke her own language. An ancient, demonic language. Same with my father. My mother sometimes had to translate them into Chinese, but I couldn't remember a word of what she was saying, and I didn't want to. So, because my mother was a demon and I was alone with her, I never felt the need to learn Chinese.

Now I was in front of my father and someone unknown, without understanding what they were saying or at least being able to answer. All I knew was to introduce myself.

 

"I'm Wang Bei, Wang Liang." And here I stopped. It wasn't that problem that I didn't want to continue, but I didn't know how. They kept talking but I didn't understand anything and I just sat and watched.

 

The next time I met him was a year ago. I knew some Chinese, I could speak quite well, even if there were still mistakes. This time he had come to visit, but my father was not at home. I was 18 years old, so I could speak for my father. But I really didn't want to, I wasn't sure I had a pretty good Chinese and if I didn't understand something, I could give another answer and ruin everything. Our clans were close, so I thought I shouldn't worry. But, from the first sentence, I hit it off.

 

Wei Jun shouted, “Wang Liang, please open! I'm Wei Jun, the leader of the Wei clan! ”

And my answer was unclear. I replied in the language I spoke to my mother, the demonic language, saying, "Wei clan leader?" "Then I stopped abruptly. I didn't know if he knew what I said and I hoped he didn't realize that I spoke another language. I said quickly, “Now, I'm here! Wei clan leader! ” I bow, opening the gates.

 

"Liang… what did you say the first time?" says Wei Jun, suspiciously. I froze, thinking of an excuse. Good thing I was good at them.

 

“Ah, hahaha… I stuttered. I wanted to shout that I was coming right away, but I got confused. ” I was lucky, the sentences "come immediately" in Chinese and "clan leader wei" in demonic language were similar.

 

"Aha…" he says, looking at me strangely. I was still confused and talking with many pauses, searching for my words. I knew he noticed that too, but I had no choice.

 

"Okay then, will I help you?" I say, stammering me. One of Wei Jun’s mans came and whispered something to him, frowning. I look at the man and cast a spell to hear what he is saying. He spoke something about demonic languages ​​and spoke about me. I stop the spell and frown.

 

"There is no need, I will come when your father arrives. It seems that you are a family of different people, you are not able to speak in place of your father. "

 

“Don't you think I'm capable? If I want, I can make porridge from the Wei clan, in Chinese and any other demon language which you say I speak! See you trying to stop me, Wei Jun! You don't even have the right to talk to me, now get out! ” I say, trembling with nerves. My white to light gray eyes turned bright red, a tear of blood running down my cheek. I wasn't sad, but every time I get angry (my heart beats hard, my blood beats faster), my eyes turn red and because of that they start to bleed.

 

"Run! He's possessed! ” shouted one of Wei Jun's men, all fleeing. The only one left now was him and someone covered up, who looked like a boy.

 

“Wang Liang! How can you talk to me like that ?! What kind of wizards do you do? Demonic cultivation? Say!" he answers at last, nervously.

 

"I do whatever I want, it's not your problem or your clan's! Don't you think I'm incapable now ?! ” the words were spinning in my head and I was pronouncing them in a strange way. I had a different accent, which was actually a percentage of the language I spoke.

 

"Control yourself, young man! Who allowed you to talk like that to someone like me, to me ?! ”

 

"No one needs let me, I don't listen to anyone! As for the controlled, who is under control ?! I will not go over your words, being careless, so listen carefully: you and your clan must not interfere in my affairs! Whether I'm capable or not, that's all I can say! Get out of my sight now!! ” I say one last time, before I was hit by Wei Jun and then left. I will never forget that day, it was the first time someone hit me, when someone opposed me. And, fortunately, the only one.

1