Chapter 5: The Night Is Still Long
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Whoever is reading this, i want some advice to make whatever iam writing a bit better, every criticism is welcomed and i will try and incorporate the idea or thing into the next chapter or whenever i write


*you might not see the change much in the next few chapter, but that's because i write my story before hand, leave it alone until i forget about it, before going back to it and proofreading, fixing mistakes and cleaning the shit out of it to the best of my ability so it's a less readable, than i post it.


*sorry for the low quality writing and thanks to those that express their opinions and ideas


The Night Is Still Long


An few hour has pass and Neds phone had died, i saw him playing it all day in school so it failing at some point was no shocker.

"Ah this always happens" he says frustratingly picking it back up and hitting it on the back a few times before turning it on again.

"How much charge does your battery have?" Sebastian ask walking over to Neds phone "god and it's still at a hundred percent" was it broken than?

"I have a special battery that if i hit it in the right place will use it's back up part, so i pretty much have two sets of batteries" that was bullshit and eveyone here knows it "fine my phone is just broken so it seems like it's always full" bullshit again "it randomly shuts off when it overheats and it overheats very often when i have the flashlights off" Stop lying Ned, they might be fooled but iam not.

Just than a muffled voice broke through the layer of strings from above "Is anyone there!"

Sebastian's Father was the first to react standing up and shouting back a loud "Yes!"

"We have one here, get the lifters!" I hear some more people walking ontop of us. After another while, we were asked a question by the voice above "what are you under?!" A lot closer this time, maybe even ontop of us.

"We are in a sort of white cocoon!" Sebastain's Father answered, he knew exactly what this cocoon is but it would make more sense if he tried to hide atless a bit.

"Than your right under us i think, but it seems the thing won't budge even if we try cutting it!"

"Try pulling the strings part slowly!" Sebastian the creator of this cocoon told the man "it worked for me when i tried!"

"Theres another person inside, can everyone in there say something!"

"Copy!"

"Yes!"

"Sure!"

"Right!"

"Okay!"

How are they so calm? I could barely hold back my excitement getting out of this death trap, but they just act like it's a normal event that occurs everyday, hell Ned even looks excited the whole time inhere forgetting to wip his smile off "Theirs 5 of them!" The man above yelled to the others with him. After a long pause of sliences a single ray of moon light broke through the strings "wow! What the hell is this thing!" Maybe he was astonished by the cocoon and so was i as well. "Hey just slowly move the strings aside to form an hole!" He ordered.

When the hole was large enough for us to fit through, a rope was dropped in and a voice told us "climb up!" A mans head poked down from the hole as Sebastian was the first to ascend. Than Ned, the Father and Mother, when my turn came round i had trouble. How were they able to climb the rope like it was nothing? I had to break out sweats to get half way up.

"You ok miss?" The man who we were talking to us grabs my hand when i was in range and pulled me up.

"Yes sir" i nod to him and look around.

"Damn what the hell could this cocoon be? To hold up so much rumble without being dented a bit" he knocks at the cocoon and jumps down, if Sebastian lets up the cocoon than that man will be done for, what is he doing right now?

"Mr. Athans" a man walking hurriedly walking up to Sebastian's father who had navigated threw the rubble with his son right behind him.

I slowly drop down from the elevated level supported by the cocoon and made my way towards the edge of the rubble where they were at, making sure i wouldn't stumble and fall or cause a collapse underneath.

"Detective Rain" i couldn't see they but Sebastian's father had jumped down and was greeting a man name Rain, from the title he should of have been sent over by the police department.

"Greetings later," as they talk, i walk amongst the rubble and feel something was out of place within the air and underneath the rubble, but it seem the others haven't notice since their chat went on "tell me what happened"

"Hell have made the-" what was it? It was like a heatwave that was growing by the second.

"Cristal!" Sebastian shouted for me, waving his hand and telling me to hurry over, beside him was Ned hiding behind a broken wall.

I try my best to ignore the heat and make my way as fast as i could, as i travel towards them the heat lesses by a bit, it's coming from where we came from? Ned, Sebastian and his Mother seem fine, as if nothing was out of place.

Making it over i was cover in sweat and over look the commotion happening below.

"-ey have finished developing the device that can make a Natural's ability go rogue" his Father must have known some inside information that even i don't know and i have lived with them for a bit.

"All the effort we put into hiding you people an-"

As they continue talking a question was raised from our side "Do any of you feel that?" Sebastian who seem to have taken notice of the peculiar air, sticked his head up as if to smell the air.

"Yes" i answer looking back towards the cocoon, when i came here the air was nice and humid, now it feels like we are entering a desert.

"Ahhhh!" A faint cry came from inside the cocoon, it was the man, what was happening inside?

"2 other Natural's survive the collapse beside us and the other group" Ned pointed out, standing up and looking like he was ready to book it at any moment so we also got ready to run "1 of them was rescued, and the other one is right under there" he pointed at a spot half way from the cocoon and us. The heat was getting hot and sweat starts to drip down our face, than he said something random, a color: "red" he said a color, did it have any significant meaning? Than it hit me, red, heat, what every he's seeing it's connected to the color and ability, red probably means heat or fire type powers.

Now that i think about it, everyone in this party held by the family knew about Natural's in one way or another and most likely more than half of them probably were one. Iam surprise only 2 other Natural's survived if that was the case. Shit, that means if the device was still affecting them, than this heat is going to keep growing hotter until it starts to melting everything. "Red means it related to heat, that man is probably panicked and lost control of his ability"

"Than it's best to get out of here before the place become a hellish landscape" the three turn around and jump down from the rubble and ran towards the three now 5 adults, another male and a female "Father we need to get out now!" looking down from where i stood, that jump they just made was terrifying for me so i decide to take it more safety and slide down the wall but still hurt my leg hitting the ground at such a stiff angle.

"Neddy?!" Getting up i see Ned was getting groped by the new woman? "why are you here?! I thought you and your friend was going to be staying over for the night?" She was livid while scolding Ned.

The other forgot what they were talking about and watch the two interact "mom it's not the time for this" so this dirty brown hair woman was his mother "a man is trapped under the building half dead and his ability is going to explode any time now" so it's not just going to increase the slowly melt the area but explode.

"What do you mean? I told you to not get involved with Natural's again?!" She probably popped a vain and started pinching Ned's earlobe.

"Miss Coldwalker" Sebastian walked into the two's talk saying "it would be best to listen to him and get out out of here as fast as you can ma'am"

"I know, come on we're going home!" Ned sent a pleading glance towards Sebastian who didn't know what to do as Ned was being dragged away. Than his mothers phone ringed making her stops to answer "honey what happened?!" Was it Ned's father? After minute she got more flustered and took off dragging Ned with her to the car.

But Ned usher up the power to push back and stops his mother in her track "i'am sorry mom but i can't return" he said.

"What do you mean?! You sister's going out of control!" Was his sister also an Natural? Familys that have one Natural do usually have a high chance of having another.

"Arial is going rogue?!" That's what made you change your mind? "sorry Sebastian but it seems the things effect has more range than i thought so need to go" he and his mother started walking off but before he entered the car he stop to shout something to us "the 4 that flew off went towards the largest tower to North!" How does he know that? With that he got into the car but not before rolling down the window saying one last thing "I'll come over to your house after dealing with this!"

After we were sure he was gone we started walking in the same direction as the two, to the parking lot. Well not walk but run while shouting out to everyone to back off and return to where every they came from. As we got further away the heat was released from us and luckily we were one of the first people back at the lot.

"Cristina come on dear!" Sebastians mother wave at me to get in a nice black car with them and i gladly accepted. When i shut the door, Sebastian's Father drove like a madman out of the lot and into the streets ignoring all laws and safety.

When we were a few roads away i see smoke rising from the ruined mansion, than a bright light show lit up the night sky, illuminate the sky like fireworks.

0