Chatper 6: Worst Than The Last
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Worst Than The Last

The house or what can be considered an whole tower was not that far away, before i never knew Sebastian lived in such a lavished place.

They parked under the building where rows of unique cars lined, all iam asum is a part of a private collection..

I follow them out the car but when my foot hit the ground a shock wave hit the building shaking the walls and making dust fly fill the air. Guess the explosion they were talking about finally came, to bad i couldn't be there to witness it blowing up the place.

"I wonder if those people would be okay after an hit like that?" Sebastian's Mother seem to be the only one so kind hearted to care for those clueless bystanders outside.

"Snow is an Natural that specialize in defense, you need no worry for citizens if he's around" the Father didn't think of the people outside and went on without batting an eye, like father like son? Only caring about family and their pride "but if you are that concerned, we can head up and examine the damage" he proposed.

Sebastian already had a head start waiting from the elevator to come down. From outside the sound of every city emergency worker can be heard zooming pass the garage exit.

Finally the elevator dinged and we all stepped inside. After a minute of silence we reached the top, that is the 26th floor.

Stepping out we could see the effect of the blast, even though this building is a decent distance away from the initial explosion sight. Every window were blown in, accessories and furniture were decimated and scattered in pieces, across the floor.

Outside was worse, it looks as if an asteroid had hit the city, houses made of bricks and steel were turned to rubble but oddly their was a strange large circle where the damage seem nonexistent.

This was the power of a Natural, turning citys to wastelands, crippling whole nations and over righting mortality and logic. One could only imagine what an whole organization of Natural's can do, the thought sent shivers down my spine.

The worse was to come, with such a show and statement during the ball, they weren't playing around. This was going to end with the military getting involved, meaning war was bound to happen, it might already have started.

Sebastian without any remorse for those below him, walking to the window and pointed at the tallest building in sight "Ned said they flew there"

I step next to him hoping to get a glimpse at Hell's new master plan. Luckily i could see it, something huge had been placed ontop of the skyscraper, it was all black and even from this far i can sense the danger it brought on us.

"Another bomb?" Sebastian Father guessed.

Sebastian's Mother walk up and closed her eyes and used her ability i think. "It's the same as the device from before" the one that made abilitues go hey wire? If so, with one that big, they are planning to expose everyone?

"You three steel yourself" Sebastian Mother advise, i didn't take it lightly and stiffen my whole body as if iam readying to take a blow and a blow it was.

It was astonishing how they got the device up so fast, maybe they had already planned this happening. That possibility is likely, for such a big event, things are bound to go wrong and they were always ones to create backup plans.

The hit i was expecting was different than what i prepared for, not a battle of the flesh but an internal one. It was like an headache mixed with a fever and the desire to blust out, every breath was like a hurricane that blew up with each intake.

So combat this i tighten by chest and bottle up my throat and lungs. How? How?! i question myself, looking at the three infront of me.

They didn't seem effected by it, just starring at the black machine above as if they were hypnotised by it. Maybe they all had passive abilitys which was probably unlikely to be thrown into disarray by the machine, no that can't be all true, Sebastian had that string ability. Was he just that good at control that he doesn't even get fasided by that thing?

Just than Sebastian's eyes shifted to the ground below, towards a street with an worried expression. I wanted to see what has gotten him so worried so i tired stumbling my way over to him, but before the third step, the building shook like an bomb went off.

"Logan lost it!" Sebastian's Mother shouted as another explodion ripped through the building. I can feel it, the building was starting to tilt blackward and this wasn't the only tower that was going to collapse.

From what i could see, the second largest tower in the city was in more chaos than ours. The tip of the building was frozen over while the lower burned with an inferno that gush out flames without end, than from the middle burst out an large tail, blue in color while glittering under the moon light, the scales almost look impenetrable.

Next following the burst of the tail, two wings cut the building in half sending the top half tumbling into the fire below. To bad i couldn't see what would happen after as it was finally our buildings turn to fall.

It tipped upward towards the night sky and i was about to fall but a hand grabbed my arm and carried me into it's arm, Sebastian.

"Mother the window!" He shouted as he ran behind her and scoped her up before, Jump out the window? What is he think?! We can't survive such a fall!

Behind, seeing what his son was doing, the father quickly climbed up the horizontal floor before leaping out after us. Were these people insane?!

Than the answer came, it was like he was walking on air that hopping a few times to kill the momental to help kill the speed. When i stopped his Mother got off me and bounched on the air ahead, air steps?

What is going on with this family? How many superpowers do they have?

Sebastian set me down at level ground or should i say altitude? i had no fear, this ability should be related to creating platforms or something out of air so i should also be fine.

To confirm my hypothesis, i felt an almost elastic force holding me up when i 'landed'. Such a mysterious power, wounder what could it be, it has to be much more than just creating air steps.

I got up and joined in on their watch, now the city was really into chaos, if one explosion wasn't enough, more and more were happening in succession. These explosions weren't normal either, it ignited the forest outside creating a forest fire that illuminated for miles, whole districts were either on fire or a burning crater stained with ash.

An new power happened right before us creating a beautiful tower of ice with razor sharp edges, it glowed orange from the fire and melted quickly from the large amount of heat at it's base.

It didn't last more than a minute before the base became to small to support the majestic tower causing it to tumble onto the half cut tower the lizard or dragon was standing on. The dragon was to occupied with it's own panic to see the large ice tower coming towards it, in the end it was to late, it made a direct it on the dragon making it roar in anguish before toppling the dragon and building along with it.

Dust polluted the ground, even screams from below can be heard all the way up here, the heat made the dust clouds look like they were from hell itself. Though not entirely sure, Davis should be in this town and if he couldn't resist the force than a earthquake should wake the city any second.

And as expected, that quake came, every building started to shake violently, even the one the device was on. My head twisted around to the largest tower in the city and with sparkling eyes, wish for it to tumble at this very moment.

As the other towers fell around it, like avalanches, it was the last one standing sadly, but when my hopefulness of it tumbling down was almost gone. I heard a small crack from one of the edge as the pulling sensation from my chest stops, they had pulled back was this not the results they were hoping for?

Why stop just from a little risk? Look at this chaos! Such beauty it is hm?! Come on let's both enjoy it, just you down there and me watching from above!

As i was thinking, all hairs on my back stood up making my head turn north. Something was coming and the others can sense it as well, something powerful was about to land the final blow.

Than a faint earthquake hit, faint? No that wasn't, from this high up and without touching the ground in anyway, i shouldn't of have felt any earthquake, but this one blew my heart back and almost made me stumble.

The city didn't shake, the earth did, it rattled even the sky and made the impact felt like a car crash. This was the last straw as the magnificent tower that stood proud broke and followed the others into the red hell below.

But it wasn't finished yet, another more powerful shockwave hit, sending dust and buildings flying back like an atomic bomb had just been dropped. That seem like the last one, if another one came, would i have been knocked off?

Now that the shockwave cleared the dust bellow, we could take in all the damage.

In the end nothing stood, the city has fallen in less than an hour as every building collapsed and the ground has been turned into a living hell scape covered by a fire and ice shards as large as houses.

But everything fell pale to that last ability, the iceberg that was created broke so easily as another wave from the unknown power collided with the world yet again.

0