4 – Killing Array
2.1k 8 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Liulin Li woke up, she found that she was back in her usual room. Not the one in modern times, but the one in her new world.

 

Getting up, she rubbed her eyes while looking inside a mirror. Her clothing was still dirty and there were leaves stuck on her head. Probably from falling asleep under a tree yesterday.

 

Right as she was about to go take a bath and change for a new day she was interrupted by a large shout.

 

“Liulin Li! Fake Loli!”

 

“...” 

 

Hearing Xiao Yuejue’s voice, she reluctantly went outside.

 

“What is it?”

 

Seeing her look, Xiao Yuejue laughed before taking a round crystal and taking a picture of her.

 

“...” Luilin Li pursed her lips.

 

From her memories, wasn’t that a memory crystal? 

 

‘Don’t tell me she’s been taking pictures of me the entire time?’

 

At that thought, her cheeks became dyed red as her embarrassment turned to rage and she jumped at Xiao Yuejue. “Delete it!”

 

“Hohoho, in your dreams.” Unfortunately, her cultivation was currently a lot higher than Luilin Li, so she easily dodged. “Besides, I still haven’t gotten a fee from helping you climb the chain yesterday.”

 

Luilin Li had no choice but to accept it. 

 

‘They’re just pictures.’ It wasn’t like she had nude shots of her.

 

“Let’s go shopping!” Xiao Yuejue declared while flapping her fan. “If my mood is good, I might buy you something good.”

 

“I need to cultivate.”

 

Luilin Li turned her down, she didn’t have time to buy stuff. From her memories, aside from the exchange hall, they wouldn’t be able to get anything good.

 

Unless, they get sent somewhere far away, and enter one of the cliche auctions. Even bazaars were good.

 

“Ho? Then do you want to use the killing arrays? Or- wait there’s nothing else but that!” Xiao Yuejue was about to say cultivation chambers but she fixed herself. 

 

“How about it, let’s go use the killing arrays together, my treat~”

 

Liulin Li nodded. “But I need to cultivate first.”

 

“I’ll wait then.” She went over to the side as if it were here home before pouring herself a cup of tea. Afterwards, she even took out a few plates of fruits on the side to enjoy herself.

 

“...” 

 

Liulin Li closed her eyes to clear her mind of distractions before using the movements of the Fire Dance Technique, moving her qi along with it.

 

She had realized 2 days ago. There was a certain feeling to doing it, it was hard to describe, but it was like riding a bike?

 

The flow of qi along with the movements of your arms, legs, torsos, hips all produced a unique feeling. Although some were misses, she decided not to worry and continue to move in the technique. 

 

Different from last time, she no longer had to do an entire rotation for her to absorb qi from the surroundings. 

 

She danced, forgetting about Xiao Yuejue who watched from the side, forgetting that she was inside a courtyard, forgetting everything, but her own movements.

 

She finished a set, followed by another set, her qi gradually getting stronger and stronger without realising, until she felt the feeling of a breakthrough happening.

 

With one last dance, she felt a small shackle break through, so small, that it was barely noticeable, causing her to feel a little empty.

‘That’s all?

 

Wasn’t breakthroughs described with a boom, and then large amounts of qi entering into me causing me to feel extreme comfort?’

 

She stopped her movements and opened her eyes. “Yuejue, did something go wrong with my cultivation?”

 

She rolled her eyes. ‘You shouldn’t be able to cultivate in the first place.’ Having your cultivation wasted wasn’t one of the most severe punishments for a reason. Of course, she didn’t say that to her. 

 

“Describe it to me.”

 

“I feel unsatisfied… isn’t there usually a bang that happens?” Luilin Li spread her arms apart. Each breakthrough was an explosion, breaking through your barriers.

 

‘Instead of feeling crppled, it almost feels like she used up all her qi. All the shackles are gone, and she should be able to go straight to her original cultivation. However, instead her cultivation speed seems bound by her rank. It’s almost like she’s recultivating again.’’

 

Xiao Yuejue tapped a finger on the table. “There should be no problem.” To be able to cultivate despite being crippled was a good thing. “Are we going to go?”

 

“Hehe…” Liulin Li laughed nervously. “I forgot to practice my combat techniques. Ah, let me do it real quick. 2 hours, no 1 hour!”

 

“....” 

 

‘So I had been waiting here for nothing?’

 

“Luilin Li! You fake Loli, how could you!” Her screams shouted from the courtyard.

 

Luckily it was really like Liulin Li said, only after an hour, she had executed each of the combat moves in the manual.

 

To save time, Xiao Yuejue had her ride her flying sword with her as they flew straight towards the mountain. 

 

Unfortunately the scene of the two hugging each other didn’t happen, as Liulin Li suggested she get tied up and hanged like a dumpling.

 

The reason being.

 

‘I want more practice to overcome my fear of heights.’

***

Within an open wasteland, a girl with golden hair sat on a sword as she floated high in the air. 

 

Down below her a little girl in a similar outfit was busy dodging the attacks of a magic beast combined with a shadowy figure.

 

‘Flame palm’

 

Dodging a sword thrust by pulling her shoulders back, her legs carried her into a spin as she moved her qi in her hands outwards, fire wrapping around her palm which slapped against the beast who had coincidentally missed its charge.

 

Her other hand doing the same, as it touched the arm of the shadowy figure, causing him to burn into ashes.

 

Xiao Yuejue snapped her finger causing a few more shadow figures to spawn, as well as a bunch of magic beasts.

 

Seeing this, Luilin Li showed a helpless look. Her qi was already running out from those palms, and she couldn’t refill her qi.

 

Or another thought, perhaps she could?

 

With that thought, she started to move, utilizing the cultivation part of the technique while dodging the spears. However with another step.

 

“Pfft.” She spat out a mouthful of blood. 

 

Following that, she was stabbed by a bunch of swords before being ejected out of the arena. 

 

Xiao Yuejue followed after her.

 

Liulin Li shivered while hugging herself. The feeling of her qi suddenly flowing backwards, along with getting stabbed had caused her mind to blank despite it being an illusion.

 

Xiao Yuejue pulled her by the back of the neck as they left the arena for the next contestant before placing her on a bench.

 

Liulin Li slowly calmed down. 

 

“Thanks,” she smiled at Xiao Yuejue.

 

‘Without that killing array, I might’ve died without even knowing why.’

 

She waved her hand. “No need for thanks.”

 

Liulin Li became lost in thought again as she began to move.

 

“Wait!”

 

Before she could experiment more, she was stopped by Xiao Yuejue.

 

“??” 

 

“If you do that here, you’ll burn the field.” Xiao Yuejue said seriously. “That’s against the sect rules.”

 

“Hehe… Where’s the training field?” 

***

 

Inside the training field, Liulin Li began to experiment, of course not by changing the motions of the dance. Doing that was a little too dangerous unless she mastered the technique more.

 

Taking a step forward, she began her dance, however instead of continuing it, she redirected her qi, this time in a corresponding to her flame palm before releasing it outside.

 

“It isn’t a bad idea,” suddenly hearing an unfamiliar voice she turned around to see it was a young man who had stepped forward.

 

On his upper arm was a red band.

 

Liulin Li cupped her hand and bowed to the figure. “Hello, Senior Brother.”

 

“...” He nodded. “Although you can cycle qi like this, the motions are too big, and if you don’t do it right, it can easily form a habit which can easily lead to your death. Do be careful.”

 

“Thanks,” She bowed to him when Xiao Yuejue stepped forward.

 

“Senior Brother Meng what are you doing here?” 

 

Xiao Yuejue had come over as well.

 

Du Meng laughed. “Do you know what rumors are going on?”

 

“”??””

 

“Hahaha,” it looked like he couldn’t stand it anymore and laughed. “The patriarch’s daughter broke a sect rule while the daughter of the hallmaster not only stopped her, but egged her on from the side. Master’s face is all thrown away.”

 

‘Crap!’ Xiao Yuejue cursed in her mind. ‘That was a sect rule?!’ 

 

Truth be told, the only reason Xiao Yuejue knew burning grass was against the rules was because she had done so before, and not because she memorized the 258 rules of the Fleeting Cloud Sect.

 

“Rule 37, disciples of any kind are not allowed to climb onto the chain.” Du Meng took out a scroll and unfolded it. “Due to Luilin Li breaking the sect rule as well as Xiao Yuejue’s derivation of responsibility, the two must report to the disciplinary hall immediately.”

 

Like this, without even planning her journey, Luilin Li’s first destination was set.

 

87