5 – Zhou Xiu
2k 3 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liulin Li and Xiao Yuejue stood in front of an Elder with snow white hair. However, due to his cleanly shaven beard and ruddy complexion, it was impossible to tell his age.

 

He passed Xiao Yuejue a scroll and pointed to a room located on the side. It was one of 50 discipline rooms that lined the place.

 

They were currently inside the Disciplinary Hall located on the third mountain. 

 

The girl pursed her lips and went off into the room 20, the door shutting with a bang.

 

The Elder then passed Liulin Li a scroll. 

 

Seeing that the Elder didn’t point to a room, she went off to the side and read it.

 

‘Liulin Li, due to breaking rule 37, you are to accompany Elder Xiu towards Stone Coin City, your job will be to assist her in collection of herbs for the remainder of the time. 

 

Rewards: None.

 

P.s. Please return this to the elder in charge after reading this for recycle purposes.’

 

While Liulin Li doubted if this was even considered punishment, she sighed. It was a city she had never heard of in the story. 

 

'Little Sister, how come your story misses so many important details…'

 

She felt like crying. If she could she would like to go back in time and admonish her.

 

Taking the scroll, she passed it back to the elder. “When will we be starting?”

 

He placed the scroll away before pointing to a room on the side saying ‘disciplinary room 5’. “You’ll be staying there for a day until tomorrow.”

 

“...” So I was still getting punished in the end?

 

The elder escorted her to the room. It was an empty room without windows, making everything dark. However before the door closed, she found the side had a bed that fit one person.

 

Without anything to do, Liulin Li simply practiced the Fire Dance Technique, recovering her qi before sitting somewhere on the floor.

 

‘How do I save Dad….’

 

She sat on the bed and closed her eyes. That thought ran in her mind. She had to save him somehow. 

 

‘I don’t think I can cultivate straight to Spirit Emperor in two years time….’ She slowly calculated it out. From King to Emperor took 10 months, and it was impossible to shorten the time. ‘I only have 1 year to reach King Stage.’

 

“...” It would probably be faster having Dad just cultivate towards Emperor Stage.

 

“Ah!” 

 

She got up. Why didn’t I think of that “Hahaha.” She laughed and celebrated for a bit at her small breakthrough before realizing another problem. 

 

How was she going to have him breakthrough to the Spirit Emperor stage?

 

A cultivator could only rely on themselves. 

 

From her memories, when Shi Xiaolong had come for revenge, her dad was still a Spirit King.

 

‘I can only remind him when I see him to hurry up.’ Despite being a transmigrator, she felt useless. Even her memories were half baked. 

 

For example, even if the heroine of the novel appeared in front of her, she wouldn’t be able to recognize her.

 

***

 

Squeak

 

Hearing the sound of the door opening she turned around. Her eyes narrowed because of the sudden light.

 

“Dad?”

 

When she made clear who it was she became confused. 

 

‘Wasn’t I being punished? What’s he doing here?’

 

He went off to the side and placed his hands on something when the place became bright again.

 

“Daughter, don’t tell me you didn’t know you could turn the lights on.”

 

“...” She indeed didn’t know, causing her to blush. This wasn’t a black room?

 

He took out a table as well as plates of food. “Since you won’t be able to climb the mountain, I decided to have you stay here for the night before you go with Elder Xiu.”

 

“En.” So she misunderstood?

 

The two of them began to eat dinner. She hesitated again. ‘If I told him, wouldn’t he become suspicious on how she knew too much?’

 

Therefore she decided to probe.

 

“Dad, are you going to cross your tribulations soon?”

 

Hearing her question, Liulin Hong placed down the chopstick. “Mhm, I’m going to start it when you leave on your mission.” 

 

Unbeknownst to her, the words she said had been engraved in his heart, causing him to feel restless with each passing day. 

 

“Eh?” That easily?

 

It was a good thing. Yet perhaps it was a bad thing at the same time. She became worried. Without preparations, crossing King to Emperor stage was dangerous. 

 

Not only did they need to take 10 lightning tribulations, they couldn’t control the time or place, and had to use heavenly lightning to refine their qi.

 

From her memories, it was described as 10 tribulations, 10 refinements, 10 Months to form a golden core.

 

‘Dad most likely didn’t have enough confidence or preparations to cross it even after two years.’

 

Seeing her daughter’s worried look, Liulin Hong laughed. “That’s why I’m sending you over to Stone Coin City with Elder Xiu. She’s going to be in charge of refining a pill called the Soaking Earth Pill. With it, cultivators can gain a temporary resistance towards lightning.” 

 

Hearing this, Liulin Li nodded.

 

***

 

The next day, early in the morning, the door opened again.

 

It was a woman who looked around 20 years old, her black hair was tied into a high bun, wearing the robes of an elder.

 

“Xiao Li, let’s go.”

 

“Elder Xiu.” Liulin Li cupped her hand and bowed to her. 

 

Zhou Xiu smiled. “You can just call me Aunt Xiu.”

 

“En.”

 

She led her through the door and out of the hall before taking out a flying boat. It looked like it was made of wooden while a cabin was built on it.

 

Liulin Li followed her on to it. “It’s just the two of us?” She had thought Xiao Yuejue would come along as well, since they were punished for the same reason.

 

Elder Xiue shook her head. “There’s one more person coming along with us and she has her own punishment.” Copying the rules of the sect 100 times. Of course, for her privacy, she wouldn’t disclose that fact.

 

“Oh.”

 

The boat began to fly steadily off the mountain far off the horizon. It was the first time she would be leaving the sect, causing her heart to go doki doki. 

 

‘My training worked!’ She felt a little proud for being able to stand on the side of the boat while looking down at the ground.

 

It was different from modern times where the place was filled with concrete jungles and high rise buildings. There were only trees, plains, and mountains. 

 

When a city came into view, Zhou Xiu controlled the boat to land a safe distance away.

 

“We’re going to pick up my disciple.”

 

“En.” The two then walked into the city. Luilin Li looked around the place. Couldn’t be helped, everything here seemed like a first time to her.

 

After going into an inn, they found a cute girl with shoulder length hair who looked around 15 years old waiting for them.

 

“Zhizhu,” Elder Xiu called her.

 

Hearing the name, Liulin Li widened her eyes for a brief moment before returning to normal. Wan Zhizhu? The 4th harem member. 

 

Wan Zhizhu bowed to Zhou Xiu while looking curiously at Luilin Li. “Master. Junior Sister.” Didn’t Brother Xiaolong cripple her?

 

Liulin Li bowed to her as well in a greeting.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Without wasting any time, the lady led the 2 outside again as they made their way towards Stone Coin City. 

 

Seeing Wan Zhizhu, Liulin Li realized a problem. Not a cultivation problem but a problem of her growth. When she had first arrived, she had thought that their appearance would be different from their ages. 

 

But Xiao Yuejue and both Wan Zhizhu didn’t look like a loli yet their ages were around the same. 

 

'Perhaps cultivators developed early? Then what about me?'

 

However she soon threw that thought to the back of her mind. She didn’t have the leisure to worry about her development. Even though she felt it was impossible to become a Spirit Emperor stage in two years, she was still going to try.

 

It would be her Plan B.

 

“Aunt Xiu, is this boat flammable?” She wanted to cultivate.

 

Zhou Xiu placed a hand over her mouth and laughed in a clear sound. “If you can burn it down, then consider it my loss.”

 

Liulin Li nodded and began to practice the Fire Dance Technique.

 

***

 

The three of them stood in the middle of a wide plain, while in front of them was the wreckage of a boat.

 

‘I’m so dead!’ Liulin Li screamed in her mind. 

 

Elder Xiu remained silent while standing in front of it, however the aura around her was heavy.

 

Liulin Li couldn’t help it in the end and started practicing battle techniques such as flame palm, however the problem occurred when she used the step.

 

Unexpectedly, the ship had caught on fire before burning the entire place up.

 

“Good Liulin Li!” Elder Xiu suddenly said while turning around and looked down at the little girl, 

 

“Hehe...It wasn’t intentional!” Who knew the boat would burn ahh!

 

She sighed and took out a flying sword before stepping on it and pointed at the spot located on the back. “Since I’ve said it would be my loss then it's my loss.” My boat! She cried in her heart. Only she knew how much spirit stones it cost!

 

Liulin Li gulped.

 

She won’t throw me down for revenge right?

 

“Let her ride with me instead.” 

 

However before she could step forward, Wan Zhizu suddenly stopped her.

 

Zhou Xiu nodded. Like this, Liulin Li held onto Wan Zhizhu while they flew off into the distance.

82