11 – Fire Dance
1.6k 13 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While standing on a flying sword, Liulin Li held onto Wan Zhizhu as the mountain peaks of the Fleeting Clout Sect had come into view. From a distance, the sect looked like a crown.

 

The trio flew straight towards the center of one of the peaks. It was the general peak, the place in charge of the operations of the sect. 

 

Liulin Li hopped off the sword and followed after the two while looking around.

 

The place was kind of empty with a few disciples around, They wore white outfits with red lines and were the core disciples of the sect.

 

“Zhizhu, you should apply to become one as well.” 

 

Wan Zhizhu didn’t really care about inner or core, however she nodded. If one wanted to become a core disciple, they needed Grandmaster cultivation as well as to complete a task. 

 

Leading a group of disciples into one of the mystic realms that would be opened in the adjacent territory, the Scholarly Empire. 

 

The one that would be opening this time was the Quad Grave Mystic Realm.

 

The Fleeting Cloud Sect had 5 spots in which they could enter. It would first prioritize the inner disciples wanting to promote to core disciples while the rest of the spots would be determined by an internal sect competition.

 

Due to the mysti realm being enclosed and mixed, as well as the complicated relationship between sects and powers, the mission was extremely dangerous and it wouldn’t be strange for entire teams to be wiped out.

 

The three entered into the building and went along the halls before reaching an office. Inside Liulin Hong was busy going through scrolls and stamping them when he heard a knock.

 

“Enter.” He waved his hand as a gust of qi came out, opening the door. 

 

“We’re back.” Zhou XIu went straight forward and began to give him a report while Wan Zhizhu and Liulin Li stood by the side. It was the first time she had been in this office.

 

Of course, the patriarch had recognized his daughter was there as well, but work came first. 

 

Zhou Xiu reported everything, although she felt a bit awkward about them leaving Liulin Li at the inn. Fortunately, the patriarch didn’t flip the table when they talked about the random incident. 

 

“I have a bad feeling about that hand.”

 

Liulin Hong nodded. “I’ll dispatch people.” 

 

“Then, I’ll go refine the final batch of pills.” Seeing as everything was over, she handed the pills over to Liulin Hong. 

 

He then turned to his daughter. “Xiao Li, do you want to stay here, or return first.” 

 

“I’ll return.” Although she kind of wanted to stay, she didn’t want to bother her Dad. She also wanted to rest. 

 

The three then left the building leaving Liulin Hong. 

 

Wan Zhizhu carried Liulin Li back to her home before shamelessly stepping onto Zhou Xiu’s flying sword. 

 

Her Master then flew away with a flushed face.

 

“...” Liulin Li stuck her tongue at them. Shameless couple!

 

She turned around and stretched. “I’m finally home!” For once, she didn’t feel like cultivating and went over to the side. Sitting on the chair, she glanced in a daze at her home. Perhaps because the seasons were changing, the leaves had already changed color, causing them to fall onto the floor.

 

She felt as if she had been away for a really long time. Getting up, she went over to the side and picked up a broom.

 

She smiled.

 

It feels kind of novel. Sweeping leaves in a secluded courtyard high in the clouds.

 

Sweeping Sweeping.

 

Piles of leaves had formed on the side, however there would always be a few new leaves that would replace it.

 

She didn’t mind, and slowly time passed until she felt it was getting late. Liulin Li placed the broom away before  taking a bath and changing into a new set of clothes. 

 

Hearing sounds from the kitchen, she went over to find that her Dad had returned. The table had been filled with colorful dishes.

 

“Xiao Li, let’s eat dinner.”

 

‘Even in a new world, I still have a place to call home, a place to call family.’ Liulin Li felt a warmth in her heart as she went and sat across from him. While the two ate, she told him about what she had encountered.

 

Despite having heard what happened from Zhou Xiu, he happily listened as her daughter told him about her journey. Of course, she had omitted some parts such as Zhou Xiu and Wan Zhizhu being together, as well as Qiu Yunxi. 

 

***

The next day, Liulin Li resumed her cultivation. 

 

While she moved about, the flickers of flames were getting more and more dense. With a step, followed by a shift and a turn, she heard a barely noticeable shatter sound. 

 

She had easily entered, Spirit Practitioner 9th Layer. It’s doors long crashed down, leaving only the hinges that hung on the side.

 

Without stopping, she continued her dance, it wasn’t only her cultivation that was breaking through, but her Fire Dance as well.

 

Without any distractions, her heart was like a serene lake, the only thing in her mind was that strange mythical feeling.

 

‘Fire Dance!’

 

Along with the sharp sound of a bird that came out of her, from her as the center, a golden red flame spread outwards forming a field of flames.

 

When Liulin Li finished her dance she looked in front of her on a daze.

 

The fields of grass nearby had caught on fire, spreading even towards the trees in the distance.

 

“Retrieve them!” 

 

Hearing a voice, she turned around to see a lady in the distance. 

 

“How?”

 

The lady shook her head. “They belong to you, so only you would know.”

 

“...” Liulin Li no longer had time to care about the newcomer.

 

‘Retrieve, retrieve.’ She chanted in her mind. The flames slowly went back into her. Without her knowing, a small flame brand formed on her forehead, a bit above the center of her brows.

 

“Thanks.” Liulin Li went forward and thanked the newcomer.

 

“You’ve grown… or maybe not.” the Lady patted her head. “Where’s your Dad?”

 

“He’s going through his tribulation soon.” Liulin Li answered her. The lady gave her an intimate feeling. 

 

She’s not my mom right?

 

She glanced up and observed her. Her hair was bundled with a pin behind her, she looked a little similar to her Dad. Although she looked youthful, she gave a feeling of one who had experienced the long vestiges of time.

 

Seeing the little girl’s curious look, the lady knitted her brows. Something was weird about her, however due to her being away for too long, she didn’t know that her granddaughter had lost her memories. 

 

Shaking her head, she went inside the house. 

 

Liulin Li didn’t know what to do. Biting her lips, she followed behind the newcomer. Like this, one big one small walked around the house, causing Liulin Qian to be amused. 

 

‘When did my granddaughter become so cute?’

 

She quickened her pace, and Liulin Li hurried to follow after her when her Grandma suddenly did a turn.

 

“Eh?”

 

Liulin Li was an empty hall, the lady nowhere to be seen. She was stumped.

 

However she soon heard footsteps sound from behind her.

 

She blushed. 

 

‘Do I still follow her?’

 

After a slight hesitation, she began to run after the lady again. She went through the halls before leaving the house onto a path Liulin Li had never seen before. They traveled through the curved road as they went down the mountain before a familiar scene appeared in front of her.

 

Liulin Qian walked onto the chains when she noticed the Lulin Li stopped. 

 

“... Walking there is against the sect rules….”

 

“It’s fine. I’m not a disciple.”

 

“...” Liulin Li felt speechless.

 

Seeing that she didn’t follow Liulin Qian walked backwards before taking out a flying sword and having Liulin Li get on it.

 

If Liulin Hong was there, he would definitely facepalm, saying Daughter, how can you follow someone you don’t know like that!

 

Unfortunately there wasn’t anyone to stop them and the two flew down. Their destination was not the floating island but the base of the mountains. 

 

 “Wa…” She let out a sigh, it was the first time she had come down here. Lined on the streets were stalls where disciples of all ages went to and fro. It reminded her of the cities she had visited on her trip with Zhou Xiu.

 

In fact, the place was a city. Although it wasn’t as prosperous as Stone Coin City, it allowed the sect to be somewhat self-sufficient, as well as a source of new blood for the sect. 

 

Liulin Qian took her around the place asking if she wanted to buy anything. Liulin Li thought about it before buying a few accessoires, as well as dolls. 

 

Her room was a little plain. 

 

Aside from this, Liulin Li also thought about the lady in front of her. From her memories, Liulin Li only had one relative.

‘Perhaps she does but it wasn’t mentioned inside the story? Since Liulin Li was a villainess cannon fodder, not much was provided about her.

 

“What’s wrong?” Seeing the little girl show a troubled look, Liulin Qian knitted her brows. “Not happy?”

 

Liulin Li shook her head before nodding. “Thanks. I’m just tired….” For some reason, she was feeling tired. Not physically tired, but mentally tired. 

 

Her grandma took out a flying sword again and carried the Little Girl back to the main peak.

 

“What’s wrong?” 

 

Her voice was stable and steady, giving Liulin Li a feeling as if the lady in front of her was unfathomable.

 

“I wanted to save Dad….” unknowingly she began to spill out her worries that she had bottled up. “I….” She didn’t know what to say after that. Liulin Li felt frustrated.

 

“I wanted to become a Spirit Emperor before 2 years are up, however over a month has already passed, and I’m still stuck here…. Even if Dad becomes a Spirit Emperor, I don’t feel safe.”

 

Liulin Qian sighed. 

 

“Perhaps you should believe in Xiao Hong more.”

 

“??” She glanced up at the lady in front of her.

 

“It is his own tribulation.” She patted the little girl’s head. “Xiao Li, you’ve already done enough. Whether he lives or passes it, it all depends on himself.” 

 

“En.” Liulin Li nodded. 

 

Liulin Qian got up and walked away. Although she didn’t know how or why her granddaughter seemed so sure Liulin Hong was going to die, and although she said that it all depends on himself, she would also go set up a few contingencies.

 

Liulin Li returned to the room and tooked out the dolls she brought. It was a bear as well as a bunny. After placing it to the side, she jumped into the bed while thinking about what the lady had told her.

 

She didn’t want to admit it, but she was correct. 

 

“Ahh!” She screamed as hard as she could into the pillow to vent. “Forget it!” She decided to stop worrying about it. At this point, it really was like the lady had said, he could only depend on himself. 

 

76