13 – Spending Time
1.7k 7 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the barren wasteland. With a sword in her hand, Liulin Li faced an apparition across from her. 

 

The figure ran forward and slashed its blade at her.

 

Liulin Li swung her sword.

 

Clang,

 

His sword was easily knocked away, Liulin Li placed strength on her grip, forcibly changing the trajectory of her sword.

 

Along with a hum, a silver streak traveled diagonally on the figure’s torso.

 

The apparition was sliced in half, dissolving back into mist when another two had formed a few meters away.

 

After a thought. Liulin Li lightly kicked the ground. Like a sparrow flying low, she soon reached the figures.

 

Doing a spin, her sword formed a silver crescent.

 

Without a chance to resist to resist, they dissolved just like the first. 

 

This time another two apparition combined with a magic beast spawned. Liulin Li repeated the same movements, finishing them off.

 

To the current her, they were no different from dummies.

 

With a swoosh sound, a figure condensed a distance away from her. It was no longer at the first layer, but the second, however before it could move. a silver streak had already sliced across its neck.

 

Liulin Li leisurely went through the targets, and only when their numbers and rank increased did she finally take it seriously. Her goal was to integrate the movements of the Fire Dance into her body, along with the sword.

 

Liulin Li gracefully dodged all of the swords, spears and claws. Occasionally a silver light flashed, along with hums and rings.

 

With her movements, it was hard to imagine that it was Liulin Li’s first time using a sword. This was one of the benefits of a strong foundation. Despite not having used one before, she was still able to wield one with ease. 

 

The only problem was the Fire Dance did not include the use of weapons, and she could only try to fill in the gaps.

 

Eventually, a spirit practitioner ninth layer appeared.

 

Despite being slightly exhausted, Liulin Li’s heart pounded. She felt part nervous and part excitement.

 

The two began to exchange blows as Liulin Li blocked and parried before taking a step as she used the Fire Dance to appear behind it.

 

Her sword stabbed through the figures back. After pulling it out, the figure dissolved as two more apparitions appeared.

 

Without needing her to move, the apparitions dashed at her with swords and spears as she began to fend them off, occasionally throwing a counter.

 

She didn’t use her flames and only her pure martial skills!

 

Finding an opportunity, she slashed the sword at the figure before barely dodging the incoming sword with a step from the Fire Dance. The hum of the blade rang besides ear as she stabbed forward.

 

Pft.

 

Feeling the feedback from her sword piercing the shadowy figure’s throat, she gripped onto it and pulled it out.

 

Liulin Li placed a hand on her chest as she caught her breath. 

 

10 seconds later, another 2 spawned along with a magic beast as they charged at her.

 

Gripping her sword, she held onto it while dodging the incoming blades and claws with her Fire Dance. Fortunately, although she was exhausted her perception was able to keep up with them. 

 

Finding an opening and she stabbed the sword at the figure. However, due to her being weakened, she couldn't pull it back in time when the beast had rammed into her.

 

Liulin Li felt her insides displaced as she flew dozens of feet in the air, causing her to cough a mouthful of blood as she was sent sprawling onto the floor.

 

Seeing the spear stab at her,  she slashed on it, causing its trajectory to miss. Taking a chance, she opened her mouth and spat a cluster of flames, causing the apparition to burn until nothing remained.

 

Getting up, she wiped the blood off her mouth as she threw away the sword in her hand and performed Fire Dance, dodging the beast that had charged at her. From her as the center, a golden red flame field formed.

 

With a silent roar, it was burnt away.

 

The next figure was a spirit practitioner 10th layer. 

 

Ignoring the flames, it charged into it. Without much resistance the figure was soon burnt to death just like the beast.

 

Like this, Liulin Li simply stayed in the field while she burnt the rest of the spawns.

 

The scenery changed, the flames disappeared along with her injuries. Liulin Li began to replay the battle in her mind.

 

"Kya!" Suddenly Xiao Yuejue had grabbed the back of her collar as she was easily thrown onto a flying sword before being carried off into training grounds.

 

While using the sword, that strange feeling had been lost. 

 

When they arrived at the training ground, she leapt off the flying sword before taking out her own sword. Afterwards, she began to swing it.

 

Unknowingly, time flew by. 

 

“Liulin Li!” At this rate, wouldn’t she be going all day long?

 

“Hehe,” Liulin Li stopped. “Sorry sorry, let’s go.” She ran over to Xiao Yuejue while feeling a slight guilt in her heart. 

 

The two flew down into the city and strolled the streets before entering into a clothing store. 

 

“Thanks.” Liulin Li thanked her.

 

“What’re you thanking me for.” 

 

To her Xiao Yuejue was the first friend she had made since coming here. “Nothing~” Liulin Li giggled before pointing to a yellowish dress. “Try that one?”

 

Xiao Yuejue rolled her eyes before taking it and trying it on before spotting a red outfit out the side. “Fake Loli, that one!”

 

“I never knew you liked red?” 

 

“Obviously it’s for you.” Xiao Yuejue felt that red especially matched Liulin Li. 

 

Liulin Li shook her head. “I won’t ever use it. Isn’t my inner disciple outfit better?” The only clothing she ever used were sleepwear as well as the current outfit. 

 

“Just try it!” Xiao Yuejue insisted. 

 

“...” Liulin Li went into the changing room and changed into the red outfit. It reminded her of outfits those in royalty used. 

 

Liulin Li went outside.

 

“Done.” She crossed her arms together when she saw Xiao Yuejue take a picture, causing her to blush. “What’re you doing!”

 

“Payment.” Xiao Yuejue placed the memory crystal away. Afterwards, she bought a few more sets of clothing, including the outfit Liulin Li wore.  

 

“Where do we go next? Hiking?” Liulin Li asked seriously while storing away that red outfit. 

 

The city was surrounded by mountains and since it was the territory of the sect, it could be considered safe.

 

“Sure.”

 

The two went to the edges of the city and began to scale the main peak. Although they were stopped by guards along the way, upon seeing Liulin Li’s badge, they allowed her to pass. 

 

“Looks like random people can’t climb.” 

 

“Of course, otherwise wouldn’t have random people barging into your home?!” 

 

The main peak was actually the dwelling locations for Sect Elders as well as their descendents. For example, Xiao Yuejue could also stay in Xiao Leitian’s home, although she would usually stay on a different peak. 

 

Liulin Li stepped on the dried leaves, causing crunching sounds. Perhaps in another month, it’ll soon be winter. Liulin Li wondered if it were going to snow.

 

“Ah,” she had a sudden realization. 

 

Seeing her giggle Xiao Yuejue tilted her head in confusion when she saw her take out a memory crystal to take pictures of the surroundings.

 

“Yuejue, let’s take one later as well!” Liulin Li decided she would fill the memory crystal up.

 

 Xiao Yuejue turned around. “By then, it’ll already be too dark.” She secretly wiped the tears in the corners of her eyes. 

 

“Then, tomorrow.” Liulin Li held the spherical crystal with her small hands. “We can take one at the cliff.” 

 

“Nn,”

 

Without saying much, the two made their way back to Liulin Li’s home. Although by then it was already getting dark. “Yuejue, we can still make it!”

 

She pulled on her sleeves. The two then flew towards the cliff where Liulin Li took a picture of the two. Xiao Yuejue also passed her a picture of Gu Xuemei. 

 

“Make sure you bind the magic crystal by blood, otherwise anyone can use it. I’m returning.”

 

“En.” Liulin Li felt Xiao Yuejue was a bit strange. “Yuejue, how come you’re not laughing like a fake young miss? Hohoho.” She imitated her haughty laugh. 

 

Xiao Yuejue paused her steps while her shoulders shook. “Liulin Li! You Fake Loli!” 

 

Seeing a few pills fly her way that sparkled with electricity, Liulin Li squealed and ran. However she was too slow, and blown away.

 

“Heng.” Xiao Yuejue snorted before stepping onto her flying sword, turning into a streak as she flew off towards another peak.

 

Feeling lazy, Liulin Li remained on the grass while staring at the sky. Although she had been blown away, she wasn’t exactly hurt by the explosion, nor did it leave any markings on the floor.

 

Liulin Qian walked by her. After glancing at her granddaughter, she left her on the floor.

 

 Time slowly passed and when Liulin Hong returned. “Xiao Li, if you’re going to sleep, do it in your room.” The sky had already turned dark.

 

“En.” Liulin Li got up and patted the dirt off her. “I’m going to take a bath.”

 

76