26 – Heavenly Empress
1.3k 13 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two didn’t immediately go visit their Seniors. Instead, they went into the City. The snow had already been cleaned out, and the streets were nice and dry.

 

It was always like this, whenever it snowed, there would be missions given out by the sect to clean the streets. Perhaps for normal people, they would need to shovel, however to cultivators, all they need is a wave of their hand.

 

Qiu Yunxi carried Liulin Li into a grocery store before buying a bunch of Spirit Fruits. 

 

“Hehe, I just realized. Xiao Li, you haven’t seen my father yet.”

 

Suddenly Liulin Li felt nervous.

 

Qiu Yunxi smiled and kissed her on the cheeks. “It’s not like he's a stranger.”

 

“...” To her he was! 

 

After buying everything the two flew towards the Disciplinary Hall. “Yuejue, why does it feel like we’re making a last trip or something….saying goodbye to everyone before leaving on a journey.” 

 

“It’s your imagination.” Qiu Yunxi rolled her eyes. “Or perhaps we are really saying goodbye, the year is over, and a new one will soon begin.”

 

She brought Liulin Li into the hall, of course, before she entered she had to show her Disciple Badge, since a bunch of disciples still hadn’t recognized her.

 

The disciple glanced at the badge as well as herself. “Have you looked enough?” She reached a hand forward and retrieved her badge.

 

The disciple blushed before making way. “Apologies.”

 

She brought Liulin Li passed the elder who glanced over at her. He still remembered she had snuck out again when he was taking a nap. Not only did she sneak out, she even walked through the front door!

 

If it weren’t for her being the Hallmaster’s daughter, he swore he would’ve posted wanted posters all over, so that every disciple knew who she was.

 

“Hehe,” Qiu Yunxi laughed nervously before walking straight into the Disciplinary Hall. The two then entered a long hall before stopping in front of a room.

 

“Father.” She knocked on the door.

 

Creak.

 

From the other end, Xiao Leotian opened the door.

 

Seeing the man with a fierce aura, Liulin Li instinctively strunk backwards. She felt like a Daughter-in-Law coming to meet her Father-in-Law. Or perhaps that was actually the scene?

 

“Xiao Yuejue, Xiao Li!”

 

“Uncle Leitian.” Liulin Li greeted him back politely.

 

He sighed. He couldn’t even use the phrase you’ve grown up, since she clearly grew backwards!

 

“We’ve brought gifts for the New Years.” Qiu Yunxi nudged Liulin Li.

 

“En, en.” Liulin Li quickly nodded before reaching into her storage bag. Afterwards, she took out a few fruits for Xiao Leitian. “F-father-in-law, Happy New Year!”

 

“....” He glanced at the two of them. However, he didn’t refute her and nodded. “Xiao Yuejue, you’ve grown up.” He took out a bracelet and passed it over to Liulin Li.

 

He didn’t know what to say. Take care of my daughter? Therefore, he could only pass her a bracelet.

 

“This is a magic tool that can raise your speed. Although since you’re not a lightning type, the efficiency will be diminished. You also won’t be able to handle it for a long time either.” 

 

Liulin Li took the bracelet and thanked him. 

 

“Yuejue, make sure you take care of Xiao Li.” He then added. “Make sure you visit Elder Xiu as well.” She had taken care of the two of them when they were small. Especially Liulin Li. 

 

Her mother had passed away shortly after she was born. Liulin Hong didn’t know how to take care of kids and Liulin Qian was busy during that time. 

 

The helpless Liulin Hong could only ask Zhou Xiu for help. 

 

“Nn.” Qiu Yunxi naturally knew. She was also taken care of when she was small, along with Gu Xuemei.

 

When the two left, they then made their way towards Zhou Xiu’s residence. She was living in the Pill Refinement Hall. 

 

It was also the first time she had been here. The place was a lot more bustling than the main peak. 

 

When they arrived, Zhou Xiu was already waiting for them.

 

She smiled at the two. “Come inside.”

 

“En.”

 

“Nn.” The two entered. With the exception of a table and a few chairs, the room was plain without any adornments.

 

“Happy New Year.” The two said before passing her a bunch of spirit fruits. 

 

Zhou XIu nodded and accepted everything. Afterwards, she pulled Qiu Yunxi off to the side room, leaving Liulin Li alone.

 

Not long after, Qiu Yunxi came out with a thoughtful look on her face. She then picked Liulin Li up and after saying bye, the two left the room.

 

“What did she say to you?”

 

Qiu Yunxi shook her head. “Secret~.” She actually wanted to surprise Liulin Li. “Fake Loli, I’ll go into a short seclusion session….” 

 

She didn’t want to part with Liulin Li, but she realized they were still missing something important. “Wait for me….”

 

“When will you be going?”

 

“After a few days.” She wanted to pass the new years with Liulin Li. 

 

“En.” Since they would see each other for a while, she wanted to ask if Qiu Yunxi wanted to skip tonight so she could go crazy on her tomorrow, but she realized the egg was about to hatch. 

 

***

 

“Dad.” Liulin Li ran over to him. Unfortunately, his desk was a one seated desk, so she couldn’t sit next to him.

 

Liulin Hong patted her head. “Xiao Li. Xiao Yuejue.” He turned and nodded at his daughter-in-law. 

 

“Father-in-law. Happy New Year.” Qiu Yunxi smiled and passed him a bunch of spirit fruits.

 

“Mhm.” He nodded, accepting everything. 

 

Liulin Li placed a hand on her cheeks while tilting her head. Although she had come over to see him, she realized she didn’t have much to say. 

 

“Muu… I guess that’s it.” She then took Qiu Yunxi’s hand and went over to the couch by the side. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to sit next to her Dad, but because there was no seat next to him, and there was only a couch.

 

Qiu Yunxi sat down before taking Liulin Li onto her lap. The two remained there, when Liulin Hong coughed. 

 

“No need to accompany me.” 

 

He kicked the two out of his office before sighing. “Gain a wife, forget a dad.”

 

When the two returned back to the cavern, they didn’t return back inside.

 

Qiu Yunxi took off her shoes and stepped barefoot against the fluffy flakes. To her, the biting cold was no different from taking a bath in a spring.

 

It was also the same for Liulin Li, although her Bear Pajamas weren’t open footed.

 

Liulin Li threw herself on the snow. Doing this and not feeling cold was something she could never do in her previous life.

 

She rolled about the place before going over to Qiu Yunxi who had sat down on the floor before lying down.

 

Liulin Li went over before scooping snow and silently burying her under it, however the way she was burying her caused Qiu Yunxi to blush. “Fake Loli. Why are you only covering my stomach and legs but not my chest.”

 

“Hehe, it looks even this way.”

 

Afterwards, she got on top of the mound before pushing on the soft peaks, causing Qiu Yunxi to let out a moan. 

 

“Kya!” Suddenly, she was caught in a wave of snow, blowing her away. 

 

Qiu Yunxi who had been freed, stood up while blushing. Without remorse, she used her qi to send another two waves of snow that buried Liulin Li.

 

“...” She waited a while however Liulin Li didn’t show up. “...Fake Loli?” ‘Did I over do it?’ 

 

Splash.

 

The small hill bursted apart, like a blooming flower. Liulin Li rolled onto her fours before getting up. Afterwards, she ran and charged at Qiu Yunxi who turned and ran, although midway, she was ‘caught’ and the two rolled around on the snowy ground while laughing.

 

“Yuejue,” While Liulin Li was sitting on top of Qiu Yunxi she suddenly had an idea. “Can you make a snow house?” 

 

“Nn,” Qiu Yunxi blushed. She controlled her qi bringing waves of snow over around them before freezing the layers over. In truth, as long as a cultivator reached Spirit Master, using Qi to control objects was a normal thing.

 

The entrance was likewise sealed, although it was filled with unfortified ice.

 

Liulin Li then took off her bear outfit, leaving her naked with nothing but her underwear. She then threw herself into the snow.

 

“Nn…” She felt it was extremely comforting. 

 

Qiu Yunxi leaned against the snowy walls while watching on from the side. The two then proceeded to spend their night in their makeshift house.

 

***

 

The next day, after dressing back up, the both of them entered back into the cavern. 

 

She fed her flames to the egg. Different from yesterday, it absorbed it like a bottomless pit, stopping only when there was a sparse bit of flames left.

 

Without the sea of flames, Liulin Li suddenly felt a little cold. She hugged herself and shivered.

 

Seeing this, Qiu Yunxi sealed the cavern.

 

Crack.

 

Amidst the rumbling sound of the cave closing, Liulin Li heard a tiny crack along with a light impact.

 

She ran over to the table and placed the egg on top of it. She didn’t want whatever it was to drop onto the floor after being born.

 

The egg rolled about as the creature inside of it continued to peck, causing the crack to expand like a web.

 

Crack, crack.

 

The cracks spread further and further apart, until the egg finally collapsed, revealing a yellow chick with red tufts of fur.

 

Chirp, chirp. The chick was a little proud. Seeing Liulin Li and Qiu Yunxi in front of it, it flapped its chubby wings. Afterwards, it stomped its talon on the table before going and eating the pieces of shells.

 

“Yuejue, do birds eat their shells? Is it a dragon?”

 

The chick stiffened, afterwards, it turned around and started to chirp at Liulin Li. ‘Who’s a dragon, how dare you call me a dragon?!’ It felt immense anger, however, Liulin Li was unable to understand.

 

The chick could only continue to eat the shells feeling aggrieved. It decided, it would properly lecture this descendant of hers.

 

When it finished eating the last bits of its shell, it flapped its wings, unexpectedly, it could fly!

 

It unsteadily flew towards Liulin Li before bumping their foreheads together. 

 

‘Descendent! Descendent!’

 

51