37 – Purple Maned Mastiff
712 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After flying out of the forest to the west, they entered into a small town.

 

“Uncle, do you know where we can buy a mount?”

 

Qiu Yunxi asked one of the residents who was out in the fields. 

 

“Oh, that way.” The man with a rugged beard smiled and pointed towards a direction.

 

“Thanks.” Qiu Yunxi bowed and led Liulin Li into the village. They went straight to the Beast Taming Facility.

 

Unlike the previous one, the beasts here were a lot more unruly. They had yet to be trained. There were also no servant plates.

 

The owner of the store led them around.

 

“Young Misses, if you like one, just point towards it.”

 

Liulin Li looked around. 

 

Eh?

 

She narrowed her eyes at a location. It was like she could see the vague outline of something.

 

The worker who saw this smiled. ‘It looks like this little girl’s intuition is quite high.’

 

“Chirp.” 

 

Inside the pen, a beast emerged.

 

It was a mastiff with a purplish mane. It’s size was around that of Skinny Dragon.

 

The man looked at Nie Xiaohui strangely.  

 

Since it appeared, he introduced it. “A magic beast that doesn’t belong to this region. Since it’s a tier 2 beast, and combined with its rarity, the price will be 5 medium grade spirit stones.”

 

It’s former master most likely died somewhere inside the forest.

 

Seeing the Mastiff, she was reminded of another flame as well as the beasts that lived off it. The Mirage Flame. The two were usually inseparable, and where there was a mirage flame, there would usually be a mirage beast tribe, and vice versa.

 

The one in front of her wasn’t a mirage beast, however, it was most likely related to one.

 

“Uncle can we do 3?” Qiu Yunxu asked. “It’s invisible, what if it runs away?”

 

“4”

 

“2.” 

 

“Young Miss wasn’t this lower than your original offer?”

 

“Hmph, don’t think I don’t know you can’t sell this Mastiff.” 

 

The man indeed couldn’t, however he didn’t back down. “4” 

 

“400 low grade spirit stones.”

 

The man smiled. “500.” 

 

“Uncle, no good. 450.”

 

He then agreed.

 

Qiu Yunxi handed him the low grade spirit stones. The man counted them and after storing them away, he turned the hatch located in front of the pen, opening the door.

 

The Purple Maned Mastiff exited the enclosed space. Despite its large size, its steps contained no sound.

 

It grunted at Qiu Yunxi. 

 

Like this, the party of two girls, one dog, and one bird left the place. 

 

When they were a distance away from the village, Qiu Yunxi took out her carriage and the Mastiff began to pull, its speed no less than Skinny Dragon.

 

While on the driver’s seat, Liulin Li looked at the girl next to her. 

 

She was currently in meditation. 

 

“Teacher, how come the Mastiff is so obedient?” They didn’t even form a contract with it.

 

“Chirp.” ‘She became my student. You can call her Junior Sister.’ Nie Xiaohui felt this beast was a good seedling.

 

During the time Qiu Yunxi was haggling, she was communicating with the Mastiff. 

 

“Junior Sister, hello.” When she said that, the Mastiff in front seemed to almost trip.

 

It was clearly older than her, and its cultivation was higher. 

 

Unfortunately, Nie Xiaohui was a bit of a black sheep, She only named seniority by first come first serve. 

 

‘No need to ask, its name is Prinz. Remember to treat your Junior Sister kindly in the future.’ The Mastiff was currently unable to communicate with them.

 

Liulin Li nodded.

 

***

 

When Prinz was tired and had gone off to hunt.

 

Liulin Li went and wasted away her qi before performing her Flame Dance. Whenever she tried to increase her qi, she would feel her entire body hurt. It was like a bottle that was filled to the brim.

 

Nie Xiaohui who watched from the side shook her head. 

 

When Liulin Li was done exercising, she made her way back onto the carriage.

 

‘Xiao Li, I’ll teach you a Qi Concentration Formation. This way, you can produce spiritual liquid, and don’t need to waste your qi.’

 

‘Get a porcelain bottle.’

 

Liulin Li nodded. She went into Qiu Yunxi’s storage ring and took out a porcelain bottle.

 

While she was at it, she was also about to move her into the carriage when Qiu Yunxu had woken up.

 

“Hehe…” seeing that she was awake, she briefed her about everything that happened.

 

“Oh, continue.” 

 

“...” 

 

Liulin Li took Qiu Yunxi who was pretending to be asleep and moved her over to the futon. Seeing the girl’s blushing face, she rolled her eyes. She decided she wouldn’t do anything. 

 

She went back to the driver’s seat.

 

Nie Xiaohui retrieved a block of wood. ‘Xiao Li, cut this into a board, the diameter of the circle must be the same as the porcelain bottles’ lid.’

 

‘The height of the block must equal that of the bottle itself. Make sure you don’t leave any shavings on the carriage.’

 

Liulin Li nodded. She went to the side of the carriage and placed the block of wood on the ground with the bottle next to it.

 

Afterwards, she took out her Soul Armament. She had decided to give it a name, Flowing Frost Sword.

 

Placing her foot on the block to hold it in place, she began to use the sword to carve a circle.  

 

It was fortunate she was a level 10 and she had awoken her Eyes of Precision, however, even then, she found it taxing. 

 

Fortunately, she didn’t need to cut through the entire block. After engraving a shallow circle on the block, she then went and cut off the top portion, creating a thin board with a hole in the center.

 

‘Pass it here.’

 

Nie Xiaohui took the board from Liulin Li and placed it into her Pagoda. It fell into a large pot of solution that she had made. It would allow the board to become smooth. 

 

She gave out another set of instructions.

 

Liulin Li began to work on the wooden block, cutting off another board, this one was much thicker. Afterwards, she raised her sword into the air and sliced downwards.

 

Swish.

 

The block was cut evenly in half.

 

“Teacher, I’m done….” She felt tired, both physically and mentally. 

 

At the same time, she had a satisfying feeling. One she didn’t feel when she was cultivating. Perhaps it was the joys of a secondary profession.

 

Nie Xiaohui retrieved the blocks and the two returned to the carriage. 

 

Liulin Li saw that Qiu Yunxi had stopped cultivating as well. She had a pout on her face.

 

‘At least give me a kiss.’

 

Liulin Li went forward and sat in front of her. She was about to go kiss her, when she realized she was sweaty and sticky.

 

Right when she was hesitating, Qiu Yunxi grabbed Nie Xiaohui from the side and threw her out of the carriage.

 

Liulin Li was then pulled onto the futon. Unfortunately, or fortunately for her, her wife would still eat her.

 

***

 

Nie Xiaohui who had been thrown out rolled her eyes. 

 

She might as well teach her new student. 

 

‘Which Soul Cultivation Technique should she learn?’

 

She could teach her the standard beast soul cultivation. Since she was a magic beast, she would be able to learn it.

 

The only problem was, Nie Xiaohui had the urge to troll. ‘Zither.’

 

It was the path of sound. She wanted to watch it strum the strings of one. Although, it wasn’t like she was planning on ruining Prinz’s future either.

 

A mastiff playing a Zither might be weird, but not a beauty. As long as she could gain a human form, it would be fine.

 

It flew over to Prinz and began to convince Prinz about learning Soul Cultivation.

 

‘Prinz, I have two sets of cultivation techniques. One is a beast soul and the other is a Soul Armament.’

 

The two were a lot different than what her other disciples cultivated. 

 

A Beast Soul was an imagery technique, allowing their souls to give form. It was different from Liulin Li and Qiu Yunxi’s cultivation method, and was in a way less restrictive. 

 

She didn’t need to kill magic beasts or seal flames, yet unless she was a beast that had the bloodline related to the corresponding technique, Prinz wouldn’t be able to cultivate it. 

 

‘This is the Heavenly Dog Soul, how about it? All you need to do is stare at this image.’

 

It was one of a dog with black hair, yet before she had noticed, it had turned into a white fox.

 

Prinz shook Nie Xiaohui off its head. The image was a little ghostly.

 

Nie Xiaohui went back on its head and showed her another image. This one was a zither.

 

‘Do you want to become someone looked up upon by the countless masses? 

 

Behead your enemies from thousands of miles away? 

 

If so, this is the path just for you.’ 

 

Prinz was speechless. ‘Teach, What does the Heavenly Dog Technique do?’ It felt that technique was profound.

 

Nie Xiaohui sighed in her heart. It looked like the mastiff wasn’t interested in becoming an idol. Since it asked, she could only begin to explain the technique.

 

The cultivator needed to stare at the Heavenly Dog image, using it to form a Heavenly Dog Soul. When they do, they would absorb the energies of the sun and moon, using it to cultivate.

 

When their soul becomes strong enough, they would be able to split their soul bodies, allowing them to form clones. And at a high enough level, even if one died, they would only need to recover using the remaining half.

 

‘I’ll learn the Heavenly Dog Soul.’ 

 

“Chirp.” Nie Xiaohui began to show her the image of the Heavenly Dog. 

 

***

 

Inside of the carriage, Liulin Li had finished cleaning herself. She had changed out of her dress and into a slightly oversized Outer Disciple Wear. 

 

Her long hair hadn’t been bundled, and was left to scatter freely behind her.

 

“Let’s go outside.”

 

“Nn.” 

 

Qiu Yunxi stored away the large bucket and the two exited the carriage. She wanted to enjoy herself until it was noon before going back to cultivate.

 

“Catch me if you can~”

 

Liulin Li  began to chase after Qiu Yunxi on the grassy field until the sun was high in the air.

 

Prinz had finished its cultivation session and the group continued their travels. The duo also resumed their cultivation.

 

Nie Xiaohui teleported the two of them into her Pagoda, and when Prinz was tired from pulling the carriage, she teleported the Mastiff inside as well. 

 

Prinz then rested and continued to cultivate diligently until it was morning in the outside world.

 

She was teleported back out to pull the carriage. Nie Xiaohui retrieved the wooden boards from the bucket of solution. 

 

Inside of the carriage, Nie Xiaohui took out the wooden boards. Placing the one Liulin Li had made on the side, she began to use her talons to draw the formation on the remaining one.

 

When she was done, she notified Liulin Li before teleporting the two out. 

 

‘Learn this formation, and copy it on the wooden board. If you fail, you’ll have to create another one.’ She didn’t tell her how to learn it. Unless she asked, she would let her figure it by herself.

 

Liulin Li nodded. She felt it looked a lot like a magic circle, with 5 smaller circles lined on the circumference, and another two 2 inner circles. The one in the center matched with the one she had drawn.

 

However, the rest was filled with lines. Some were groovy and some were straight. They connected all of the mini circles together as well as towards the center.

 

After receiving her instructions, she was teleported back inside.

 

Like this, the group continued their journey and another two weeks passed. 

 

***

 

When Liulin Li and Qiu Yunxi had come out. Unknowingly, almost an entire year had passed for her.

 

The two had also grown up a bit. Liulin Li sighed. She needed to ‘rebirth’ again. Her goal was 15 years old. She wanted to be at least equal to how Qiu Yunxi was.

 

It wasn’t the only change. Her Soul Cultivation had reached another bottleneck at level 20, and her eyes had evolved a bit. 

 

Whenever she used her Soul Energy or Spirit Qi on her eyes, she would be able to see a faint trace of spiritual qi.

 

Aside from her, Prinz had finished forming its beast soul and Qiu Yunxi’s level had reached 10.

 

From afar, Liulin Li was able to see a mountain range with roiling clouds and mist that drifted in between. It was the place where the Geocentric Mystic Realm was located.

 

“Woof.”

 

Prinz barked before increasing her speed. 

 

Liulin Li watched the scenery flash by. She felt it would take them another hour before they would reach their destination.

 

She held onto Qiu Yunxi’s hand and leaned on her.

 

The two didn’t say anything and enjoyed each other’s comfort.

 

When they reached the foot of the mountain, it was midday. There was a mountain road that led them up the steep mountains. 

 

Prinz went and rested at the side of the road, so that she could prepare for the long climb.

 

As for Liulin Li, she took out two boards. One was the one her teacher made, and the other was one she had to carve the formation on.

 

She then placed the two side by side, and closed her eyes. When she calmed her heart, she started to strengthen herself using her Spiritual Qi, Soul Energy as well as Monkey Might. It would strengthen her as well as keep her steady.

 

Afterwards she took out the Flowing Frost Sword and began to carve on the Wooden Board. Due to it being a part of her, it provided her with better control, and combined with her eyesight, carving from a long distance wasn’t a problem. It would also serve as a form of training.

 

If there was a problem, it would be that the formation was complex, and that she had to carve in an awkward position. 

 

The tip of the blade traveled slowly yet elegantly across the board, leaving a thin trail behind. 

 

Gradually, a formation that was identical to the one on the adjacent board formed.

 

When she finished, she let out a breath.

 

Placing her sword to the side, she went and laid down on the futon. A sense of exhilaration overtook her.

31