Past X Present
1.6k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Caid continued to head straight for his mother's room as he didn't want to waste a second . He walked in the wide hallway and it didn't take even a minute for him to arrive at his destination.

*Knock knock*

He lightly knocked on the door and didn't have to wait at all as a calm voice answered imediately.

"Come in."

Caid entered the room and the first thing he saw his mother facing the other way. She had a big canvas in front of her and with graceful brush strokes she was painting something. The painting was that of young woman gracefully dancing barefoot in a lush green garden, like a ballerina . The garden was like the one they had on the back of the mansion , but compared the the garden of the mansion which had different types of flowers, the garden in the painting only had crimson roses . The roses surrounded her on all directions, preventing her from leaving.

"Mom, it's me."

She was shocked at first which made her stop painting , but then she imediately turned back with a bright smile on her face.

"Caid, why didn't you tell me you were coming? I thought you were Kaili bringing some snacks."

Her outer apperance hadn't changed much besides that she seemed thinner and now she was in a weelchair , because of the accident.

"Sorry I....

"Haha , come here and let me give you a hug."

Caid did as she said and she gave him a big long hug. 

"My handsome boy, you must be starting to break little girls heart's by now, but these hair are to spiky.

Don't move....

She then proceeded ruffle Caid's hair trying to style it to her desire making Caid uncomfortable, but he didn't move or say anything. After a minute she seemed to be pleased with herself as she nodded.

"That's way better than before. Do you like it?"

"It's okay....

Caid answered as he scratched his head and also simultaneously bringing the hair to how it was before.

"Mom, I have to tell you something important. It's about...

"I was wondering why you looked so gloomy. Did you break another of your instructors limb?"

"No...yes? That's not why I'm here. I came to tell you that I'm leaving to a private school abroad, tomorrow."

"Didn't I tell you the last time not to do that even though he was...

What....did you just say? You're leaving abroad, tomorrow?"

"Yes, I came here to tell...

*Slap*

"Why are you lying to me? Tell me the truth, what is going on?"

Caid touched the cheek that his mother had just slapped. It didn't hurt at all , but he couldn't help the tears that welled up in his eyes.

"I'm not lying, it's the truth. "

*Slap*

"Liar, tell me the truth! Did something happen to the family? 

Why are you lying to me...

She was screaming and crying at the same time, making her look pitiful. She raised her hand again to slap Caid again, but he effortlessly caught her hand.

"Mom, stop. Please stop...

"No... please don't leave me."

She continued crying a river of tears as Caid tried to hold himself for also crying.

"Don't worry mom, I'm not leaving you. I'm just going to go away for a while and also we can talk and see each other over the phone."

"No no no...I can't lose you again. Not again...

Kaili...Dad, where are you?"

She called for Kaili and her father, but there seemed to be no one listening. 

Seeing his mother so fragile like this he was deeply saddened, but he couldn't do anything but console her.

"What are you talking about? I have always been by your side ,and will always be.

I promise."

......

After a while she managed to calm down, but not before crying all her tears out.

*Hick~

"Why? Why are you leaving me?"

"I promised."

"You promised?"

Caid cleched his fist and looked at his mother in the eyes. They were red and swollen from crying.

"Yes, long ago ,I made a promise, and I intend to keep that promise."

She opened her mouth to say something, but after looking at Caid's eyes she couldn't even speak a single word. She knew that no matter what she said he wasn't going to change his mind.

She lowered her head and clasped her hands together, tightly.

"Mom?"

"You may not know this, but you were the best thing that ever happened to me.... 

Caid saw that the atmosphere changed and didn't make a sound.

"The me from ten years ago  and me right now are two completely different people, and that's because of you. 

When I was twenty years old I was preaty much drinking and smoking everything that came within my sight. I partied all the time and did many stupid thing's , but who would have known that one of them was a blessing in disguise?

You see, about your father, he was only someone I had met and...

"I understand. I don't resent you or him in any way, but why are you telling me this now?"

"You will soon understand.

After I found out I was pregnant with you, we both panicked and we both didn't want a child so we decided to..... but dad didn't let me. So, what did I do then? Little the stupid girl I was I drank more and more and more, but after nine months you were born. At first I was scared , because you came out stillborn and when I saw your little, unmoving body I was devastated. It felt like I had lost something I never had in the first place. I had robed you of your life even though I had no right to. 

After that I don't remember much, but I clearly remember that for the first time in my life I started praying. I prayed to god ,no god in particular, to any who would listen to my cries, even if that one was the devil. I prayed that you would live and promised that I would change to become a good person."

She raised her head and she was not crying anymore but smiling.

"I don't know what happened, but my prayers were heard and you lived and became as healthy as one could be. That is my happiest moment and I wouldn't change anything about my life if that moment was still the same.

"What does that have...

"Caid, when you were born I learned the hard way that your actions have consequences and they also affect those around you. You are a smart child and I hope you understand. You may do what you want , but you have to think about those around you as well.

Don't do anything stupid."

"I... understand...

43