Travel x Learning
1.4k 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sis, as cruel as ever towards you brother I see."

"Not cruel, just honest."

She approached them and stopped beside Caid who was still beeing hugged by the little girl.

"Sis, how have you been doing lately? "

"Fine, just fine. How about you, have you managed to calm down the bosses in the east side?"

"Those stubborn old fool's? 

If you ask me, they should just retire to a tropical island already and make my job easier."

"Hah, if father heard what you just said he would be fuming. Well, it's better than before when you would have thought of killing them all."

James brows twitched a little at the comment.

"Yeah, I already got it. You are the best, the most beautiful sister in the whole wide world so how about you cut me some slack."

"I'll think about it.

So, someone told there was a little princess here?"

She then moved her attention to the little girl and pinched her cheek making the little girl puff them in anger.

"Aunty , my cheek hurt."

"Hahaha, that's what cheeky little girls get. How's my little Ana been? "

Caid smiled at the sight of her mother and cousin. He may be not that bright, but he could clearly see that his mother would have also liked a girl.

"Khmm....

Caid's attention was drawn by someone clearing his throat and he turned his head to see his uncle signaling him with his eyes.

'Ah, I see.'

He left his mother and his cousin and moved to the side with his uncle.

......

"What do you want to talk about uncle?"

James took a good long look at Caid, before giving a long sigh.

"I heard everything from father."

"Is that so."

"Is that so? 

Is that all you have to say for what you did? Accepting to go with that old man to god knows where was not a good idea at all."

"I know that, but there was no choice, I had to go. If I didn't, my only option was to die."

"How can you be so irresponsible....

Never mind."

James seemed about to say something , but he stopped midway through his sentence. It seemed he had lost all his strength and seemed to have given up.

"Uncle, are you mad at me for making that decision?"

"Mad?

You bet I'm mad as hell, but not mad at you. If I was in your situation I don't know if I could have done better.Who I'm really mad at is father and Kaili. It was their job to protect you from such a situation and they failed miserably."

"No, this is something I decided by myself. "

"Look kid, I know what you are trying to do. You think that serving them to heal your mother is a good idea right now, but you are wrong. What you just did was sell your life to the devil."

"I know that."

*Sigh*

"There really isn't anything I can say to change what already has been done, but remember you are not alone.  Also, seeing that you are going away I have brought you a gift. I was planning on giving it to you for your birthday, but I guess now is fine also."

"A gift? What is it?"

"It's a surprise. I told Kaili to put in your laguage, so don't open it until you get to your destination."

He then squated down to Caid's eye level and gave him a hug.

"Be safe kid, and good luck."

"Yeah...

........

Six hours later after saying goodbye to all his family he was riding an airship together with the old man. The two of them had booked separate rooms , but had come out to eat lunch . 

The airship they were in was a first class airship that you had to pay more than 200000 Jenny to fly in, but the upside was that everything that you may want was available. 

The were currently facing each other while eating their lunch slowly. Caid was eating a big juicy steak from a special kind of cow that lived in this world , which had a surprisingly spicy meat without adding anything to it and the old man was eating some kind of fish equally as expensive.

"So, where are we going? Where is our destination?"

The old man didn't rush to answer as he downed a glass of red wine to his side and then answered.

"You don't need to know that. All you have to do is wait until we get there. We aren't in a rush, so maybe we will also take a detour."

"Okay then, but can you at least tell me something about Nen? I am very curious about the four main principles you mentioned yesterday."

"A curious kid. Fine, what do you want to know?"

" I want to know everything."

"Haha....I like you, but sometimes it's better to wait. In your case the better you learn the stronger you get so I guess I'll start showing you one of the other four main principles first , so you can get a better idea."

As soon as he said that right in front of Caid's eyes the old man's presence started to fade away.

' So he's showing me Zetsu first huh? Well, taking into consideration that invoking Ren is this place wouldn't do and because Hatsu is still far for me, Zetsu seems like the most viable choice.'

"So, what do you think?"

"Huh, ah ah...

Caid was so focused that he had forgotten that someone was facing him.

"It was amazing and creepy at the same time. You were standing in front of me, but I still couldn't fully sense you. It was like something told me to ignore your presence."

"Correct, what I just performed is called Zetsu. Zetsu is essentially concealing your Aura, retracting it inside the body."

"Conceal my Aura? So what just happened is the result of you retracting your Aura inside the body? This seems an ideal technique for an assassin or a hunter ."

"You catch on quick. Zetsu is a very basic but a very useful skill for some who can control their Aura. It can be used to conceal your presence, it can be used to enhance your perception especially towards detecting Aura and it can also be used speed up your recovery speed , but it has a very high risk.

Because you no longer have any Aura protecting your body, even a weak attack enhanced by Nen can cause heavy damage to you."

"I see, so you are saying that this technique is only to be used in a very specific situations or in a place where you are completely safe."

"Yes."

"I get what you just said, but why retracting your Aura makes you more difficult to perceive? It doesn't make you invisible or anything , but why does it look like you're not there?"

"Another good question.

Because every living beeing in this world has Aura, retracting your Aura inside your body makes you emulate a non living object. It is rooted in our genes to ignore non living thing as compared to living things.This is an unconscious reaction like you don't pay any attention to the earth you are walking on. Zetsu is very useful , but if you train hard enough you can bypass this so even if someone is using Zetsu it will not be that effective."

" I see...

The old man stared at Caid with shining eyes as he pretend to be thinking about what the old man just said.

' This kid, maybe I underestimated him? He's  not only talented , but he also is able to think on his feet.

His potential is still untapped. '

.........

It was night time and the airship had gone silent except for those who were looking for some company or those looking to drink their problems away. In a corridor of the airship a man was passionately kissing a blonde haired woman.

"Hah hah, how about we take this to the next level ? "

The man asked the woman with a lustful look in his face.

"I thought you would never ask."

"Hah, I'm gonna make sure you never forget this night for the rest...

*Bam*

"What!"

Something hit the man in the back and he was startled. He imediately turned around with fire burning in his eyes , but what he saw made his surprised.

"Ahh, sorry sir."

What he saw was a blue haired, green eyed kid. He seemed to have accidentally bumped into the man.

" Go to your mother kid, this is no place for you to wander around in this hour."

"Sorry, sorry....

The kid left and the man  hurriedly while continued kiss the woman , but his mind was elsewhere.

' That kid. How do he manage to get behind me without me  noticing? Am I loosing my touch?'

33