Whisper X Turn
1.3k 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Caid left quickly after apologizing to the man he had bumped into, and after walking for a couple of more meters he stopped and closed his eyes.

' Zetsu is more difficult than I thought it would be at first. I can enter Zetsu if I stay still with my eyes closed and clear my mind , but that's about it.  If I intend to walk I need to open my eyes and that almost imediately brings me out of the state of Zetsu I was in.

I tried walking with my eyes closed and I almost co*kblocked  that man.'

He took a couple of more footsteps with his eyes closed, opened them quickly before closing them imediately after. He did this more than ten times until his head started to pulse in a ruthm together with his heartbeat.

"Ughh...

He opened his eyes and started to rub his temple to try to relieve the headache.

' Yeah, I didn't think that using Zetsu would be so mentally challenging. It's like using a muscle i haven't used before so I guess what I'm experiencing right now is like muscle soreness, or more likely Aura soreness. My slight headache was unexpected , but it may be because Aura is deeply related to my mental state?'

His slight headache was  completely gone by the time he finished his thoughts and he decided to continue his training once again. He continued to roam the silent hallways of the airship like a ghost until he heard something . As he was about to turn the corner he heard whispering so he stopped.

' Ah it must be some couple going at it. I wonder if this thing is common in this world?

Doesn't matter, I'll just wait a while. '

He stayed behind the corner trying not to replicate the previous encounter, but something bothered him. Because right now he had his eyes closed and was in a state of Zetsu his hearing was greatly enhanced.

"Did you do what was asked?"

"Yeah... but...

"But what? You didn't screw up did you? If even a single thing is missing you gonna be dog shit by this time tomorrow."

As he heard that, Caid almost got out of his state of Zetsu, but managed to pull himself together.

' I was right. When I first heard the voices I wasn't sure , but they both seemed male so the theory that they were a couple greatly diminished. Also why would two grown men be whispering in this place in the middle of the night ?  

They are definitely not here to enjoy the ride .'

"No no no , everything is ok. I was just thinking now that everything is going as planned , you no longer need my help so....

"So what?"

"So why don't you let me go at the next...guh...

Haak..hakk..

Caid heard something and  they man that was talking stopped. Then was followed was heavy breathing that Caid clearly recognized. As he  had been training in martial arts the last three years he knew the sound someone made when they got their wind knocked out of them preaty well.

"Haah~

In my life I have met some really dumb motherf*ckers , and you clearly are in the top three, bravo! Or did you think that I was that dumb motherf*cker?

You see, to me you seem like a dumb motherfu*cker on the surface , but you clearly ain't. So, that makes me think of the second option and I don't really like the second option."

"Haak haah...

No...I didn't mean it like that at all. I was....guh...

Another heavy muffled sound was heard so Caid guessed that the man who was hit the first time was hit again, and he was right.

" You are my bi*ch until your dept is paid of, and your dept is not paid of  until the job is finished. So, until then I suggest you shut the f*ck  up and do you job.

Got it!"

"Y..es...

'So something is going on in this airship? Is this going to be a terrorist attack?

Shit! I have to let the old man know right away.'

Still while keeping his Zetsu activated he rushed towards the room the old man was and just in time as a bulky man , almost 2 m tall that missed his little finger of his left hand turned the corner and headed on the other direction Caid went.

......

Caid didn't waste any time and headed towards the old man's room and knocked.

*Knock Knock*

He knocked two times on the door of the old man's room and then waited , but even after 30 seconds there was no answer.

' Is the old man not inside? '

Caid reached his hand towards the door handle to try to open the door, but he imediately stopped and his hair all stood up.

"Why are you here?"

"Ah...

A cold chill enveloped his body and he was scared shitless for a second until he recognized that was the voice of the old man. He turned back to see the old man in his sneakers and jumpsuit with his hands behind his back. He looked like a fragile old man , but he knew better.

"I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Talk to me about something? Boy, do you understand what you just did?"

Caid's pupils dilated and his heart beat like crazy , but he still asked.

"Wh.. what did I do? I just knocked on your door , but you didn't answer, so I was just wondering if the door was open."

"Hmph...

I thought that you were smart, but what  you just did is beyond stupid. Kid, you almost died."

"What...

"You approached another Nen user while using Zetsu in the middle of the night so...

What do you think that means?"

Caid's brain imediately went into overdrive at the old man's word's  as he thought about the answer and he easily found it.

"It means that...the one using Zetsu is trying to ambush the other one."

" So, do you now understand what you just did? You just died."

Caid lowered his head in shame as he knew what the old man just said was right. 

' I seems I've been to full of myself. I have forgotten that I'm less than a bug in the eyes of the truly powerful beings in this world. I still a too weak.'

"Hey, stop acting like a brat, I'm going to spank you. You learn by making mistakes, so don't make the mistake you did ever again and you'll be  fine."

"Yes, I understand."

The old man nodded and opened the door and entered inside with Caid. The both of them sat on a couch opposite to each other and they started talking.

"So then, what did you want to tell me ? "

......

Three minutes after Caid explained what he heard to the old man the later was scratching his bald head and smiling.

"Kid, you really are unlucky or should I say lucky? Either way you did a good job."

"So, are we getting off at the next stop? We should also notify the police or something."

"No. This is going to be our detour."

As soon as he heard the old man's word's there was only one thing going through Caid's skull.

'F*ck!'

34