Promise X Confusion
951 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait, huh? Well I guess I'm good at that at least, but what about you? Are you going to be close by?"

Caid shook his head.

"Sorry, but I can't give any more information? I have already taken a big risk by coming here to talk to you, so please understand.

 Don't worry, they won't kill you imediately."

"HAAAA...

That really makes me feel better , thanks!"

"Hehe, no problem, I'm glad to help anytime. Here, let me give you a hand."

Caid extended his hand towards Tank who looked like he had tasted expired milk, with a bright childish smile.

' This stinking kid. Maybe I was to hasty on trusting him with my life? 

Heh, who am I kidding. Now that I'm All In I can't back down anymore can I? It's all or nothing. '

Tank accepted Caid's had, but surprisingly Caid didn't help him get up. Instead, Tank noticed that the grip of Caid's had had begun to tighten.

"Mgg... you have a strong grip there. Do you do crunches everyday?"

Caid didn't answer, but continued to slowly but surely tighten his grip. After a while Tank's face started to contort in pain , but he couldn't manage to make a single sound, because of the terrifying aura around Caid at the moment.

' What is going on? It feels like... like I'm not clasping a human hand, but the hand of a monster.'

All of Tank's hair's stood up and a chill, like a current passed through his spine from the tailbone to the top of his head. This made Tank loose focus until a calm and collected voice brought him to his senses.

"Remember, I keep my promises."

"Huh...

Caid finally helped Tank up , put the phone in his hand and left without saying another word, leaving him dumbfounded.

"What... just happened? Was it all just a dream? "

Tank stared at  his hand in puzzlement and clenched and unclenched it a couple of times as if trying if it worked. It was his hand that hadn't changed at all , but he strangely felt something that made him smile.

' Who the hell is that kid? How can he be so strong?'

.......

On the other hand Caid was moving along the almost deserted hallways of the airship. As most of the passengers had changed flight, were at the airport getting something to eat, or just resting in their rooms it was quiet. He moved with slow, light steps and with his head slightly down thinking about something.

' The net has been cast, so I'll only have to wait for the fish to come in, but I still have a feeling, like I have forgotten about something. 

Did I make any mistake?'

Caid shook his head.

' No, I'm sure that I didn't leave any traces behind and I specifically choose the best time to talk to Tank. The possibility of him ratting me out is not zero, but it's not that high either as he knows that he has a better chance of surviving if he goes with my plan.

I better go talk to the old man. Maybe I'll get some idea if I talk to him.'

Caid continued to walk towards the old man's room with the same pace. He passed corridor after corridor and door after door until he saw someone coming from the opposite direction.

'Huh...

Caid was surprised at first  by the man as he had managed to break the emptiness of the place , but only for a second. He decided to ignore the man who was coming towards him and continued in his way still with his head slightly lowered. Not two seconds later they passed by each other and as you would expect both of them threw each other a passing glance, before moving on, creating a fleeting moment of tension.

Caid moved along for more than 20 meters, before he swiftly took a sharp turn and activating his Zetsu to erase his presence and strained his ears to see if he was followed, but even after a minute he didn't notice anything. 

That made release a sigh of relief.

' That man is not ordinary.

 The way he walks is too rehearsed, like he has practiced that kind of motion to almost perfection. If he was a regular person, when he caught sight of me he would reduce his speed as it is the instinctual thing to do , but he didn't reduce his speed at all. Also his bulky build and the little finger of his left hand which was partially cut of...

An unusual injury.

Could he be someone who is related to the kidnaping? F*ck...I need to get to the old man as soon as possible.'

Still under Zetsu he no longer moved leisurely and headed straight to the old man's room. His thoughts were in a disarray and he was beginning to feel a tightness on his stomach.

......

After about one minute Caid arrived at the old man's room, but not before deactivating his Zetsu as he didn't want to repeat what head happened.

*Knock Knock*

He knocked two times and waited for the old man come to the door, but no one opened the door or even answered.

' Is the old man playing tricks on me or is he really not inside? Should I use Zetsu?'

As he didn't receive an answer Caid contemplated in using Zetsu to see if the old man was inside or not, but he soon perished that though.

' It's better that I don't do the same mistake. He may as well be at the airport.

 Doesn't matter, I don't need him. Now that I have a way to know what they are doing it's going to be easier to figure out a way to get rid of all of them in one fell swoop. Then I'll just have to..."

Caid tried to reassure himself  but as much as he tried he still was not at ease.

"Shit, this doesn't even make sense. Their advertised plan is kidnaping all the passengers for a ransom, but going by what has happened the chances of that are getting slimmer and slimmer by the second. 

They have already spent a whole day and haven't made a single move which is ridiculous as the more time passes the more likely there is something to go wrong. They could have taken over the airship since yesterday, but they didn't for some reason I don't yet know. Many passengers have disembarked and may new ones are going to take their place. So, does that mean that they are waiting for something , or someone for the plan to commence?

What the hell is this god damn plan that requires some flowers?'

"F*ck!"

23