Reason X Begun
860 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"F*ck!"

Caid was frustrated to no end by a gnawing feeling that wouldn't leave him alone no matter how hard he tried to focus.

 He gave up on finding where the old man was and turned back, heading towards a circular window of the airship. The airships window was 1 m in diameter so he had a high degree of vision being able to look at the bustling airport unhindered. He glued his face to the glass and began gazing all around.

' All these people going about their way, like ants , not even taking a second to look behind. A businessman, a family traveling , someone just looking to get somewhere, all oblivious to their surroundings , but with clear a goal in their mind.'

At that moment a rare sense of clarity enveloped him. It was a strange feeling like he had never experienced before , a calming and at the same time a liberating feeling. He lost his track of thought and seemed to not be able to focus on anything specific , but 'everything' seemed to be clearer than ever before.

'A goal... my raison d'etre, what is it? I have come to this world that was clearly fiction , a creation of someone's imagination. I didn't do anything noteworthy with my life to be able to come here. I was not someone strong , smart ,or brave by any means, but still, here I am.

I didn't even die doing something heroic. '

I was a strange moment of contemplation that happened not without a reason. For the past eight years he had tried to get stronger for one reason and one reason only , and that was for his mother. Although because of his circumstances he couldn't really love her as a son, he felt indebted to her and would look for a way to heal her, but that was already taken care of.

He spent more than ten minutes in that state, before silently leaving. He had lost his purpose , but he had also found a new one.

"Hahahaha.....

Caid exploded in an uncontrollable laughter. It was a laugh of fire excitement and joy.

" Monstrous animals, rare species...

Buried riches, hidden treasures...

The world ' UNKNOWN ' holds magic, and some people are attracted by this force....

These people are called 'HUNTERS'! "

"So, what shall I hunt?"

......

The hour passed without anything noteworthy happening , besides Caid having come across a big puddle of someone's vomit. 

Right now he was waiting at the boarding door if the airship for the old man, but even after he waited for more than 20 minutes he didn't see the old man anywhere so a frown showed on his face. He reached his hand in the inner pocket of his suit and brought out his normal phone as the other one was in the hands of Tank right now.

 The phone screen lit up and in it showed the time , 10:49 am.

' Where the hell is that old man? Is he  inside of the airship looking as I make a fool of myself? '

He threw another look forward and saw a bus full of people coming towards the airship. They were the airships new passengers.

'Its better I head inside as it seems the old man is either on the bus or inside the airship. It's also time to go to my room where it's quiet , so as to not lose any piece of information. '

*Bzzzz...

The phone on his hand started vibrating. The number had no name but only the picture of a single, red rose.

"Mom...

"Caid, mommy's little genius. How's the trip going?"

Caid smiled.

"It's fine mom. 

Right now we have landed and are taking a short one hour break and we'll be of again in about 10 minutes. "

"Good, good...

Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

"Yeah, I already ate."

"You're not lying to me are you? I know that if you don't get reminded to eat breakfast you just skip to lunch."

"No, of course I'm not lying to you?"

"What did you eat for breakfast then?"

"Toast...

"WHAT? 

Toast you say? Why are you eating something like that. You are a young boy, you have to eat something better as this....

She continued to scold Caid for two more minutes non-stop while Caid didn't say a single word.

' Why, why did I have to say toast? Couldn't I have said something else?'

"Caid Yalan , are you listening to me?"

"Yes, yes I'm listening. I promise to eat something more nutritious so stop worrying."

"Good.

Anyway, is that old man there with you? I wanted to have a talk with him."

Caid was a little taken aback  by his mother's question, but he didn't show it on his speech.

"No, he is at his room right now. If you have something to tell him , why don't you tell me and I'll tell him later?"

"Nevermind."

Two more minutes passed and Caid finished talking to his mother. By this time all the people on the bus had entered the airship , but the old man was not one of them.

' I seems that the old man is inside. 

I better also head to my room so hopefully I can find out anything."

......

Caid was now laying on his bed with his normal phone on his ear and listening to what was happening  inside the cockpit. 

"Damnit, I'm getting tired of listening to stupid conversations. When will the plan begin? F*ck it, I will read some manga to pass the time."

And so in the next few hours Caid continued to read some manga while also listening to the conversation inside the cockpit. The manga helped him pass the time , but he still was getting bored and slowly but surely he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

......

22