Out X There
695 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tank saw Fisba's dead body laying down before him. The warm blood had flooded the ground , soaking Tank's clothes in it's red hue. At first Tank was happy at Fisba's death, but after looking at his crushed head the warm blood soaking his clothes became piercing cold.

"It's hard to trust someone these days. You extend someone their hand and they want to take your whole arm." The bulky man said as he cleaned his blody hand on Fisba's clothes. After a little wiping he managed to remove most of the blood, but he still wasn't happy with the result, evident by the frown on his face.

"Now then, I have a preposition for you. " The man said as he picked Tank up on his feet. 

"Preposition...

"Preposition, as in you help me and you live a happy life. So, what do you say?"

Tank smiled dejectedly in as he slightly shook his head. He had had enough of prepositions as is, so he wasn't feeling up for one more.

"I appreciate you killing him, but I'm afraid that I'll have to refuse. I hope you aren't offended."

"You refuse, you say? Well, that is understandable, but may I know why? Don't you want to live?"

"Well, what kind of living would that be. Even if  I survive I'll definitely be executed, so forgive the lack of enthusiasm."

"Good point, but you forget one thing... death is sometimes a blessing. So, how about you reconsider?"

'This, this...

Tanks pupils dilated as his body became stiff as wood. He was washed over by a feeling of fear that he couldn't describe, and he couldn't do anything about it. He was completely paralyzed from head to toe. This horrible feeling seemed to stretch for a long time until he was woken up by a voice.

"Have you reconsidered?"

"Hah hah hah...

Tank fell to his knees and breathed hard, but as much as he did his lungs still wanted more. A few bead's of cold sweat dripped down his nose and became one with the blood puddle, disappearing forever.

'What the hell was that? It felt like my very soul was being crushed. Is he a psychic?

I can't believe I have met someone like that in my life.'

Tank was horrified by the revelation. He was afraid of many things in this life such as death, but the thing that frightened him the most and all people in general was the unknown.  

He as many people on this world knew that there existed people that had unexplained power's as a lot of people watched The Heavens Arena of floors 200 and up. The things they could do couldn't be explained  by normal logic so they were called psychics.

"Fine, I agree, but can you tell me what I'm going to do? "  Under the fear of the unknown and hoping that Caid would come to help him he agreed.

"Heh, smart choice. I just knew you would agree to the offer. Also, you don't have to be so afraid of me. Just don't think that you can one up me... you'll die in a horrible way.

Go get yourself cleaned and then we'll talk."

Tank looked at his uniform that was drenched in blood and sweat and winced. He looked horrible.

"Got it. I won't take long."

.......

20 minutes later Tank was on the pilots chair flying the airship, but with a blank stare on his face that became a forced smile.

' Man I hope I'll be luckier in my other life because I'm definitely going to die today. How can I be so unlucky? First is that kid, then Fisba, and now I'm willingly flying into no flight territory? '

Tank looked at the coordinates he had been flying towards and heaved a sigh. He had expected to fly towards an airport or something like that, but he never had expected to fly out of the map as pilots refered it. 

In this world of Hunter x Hunter many things were similar to Earth, but one thing that would be immediately noticed was the map. The world consisted of seven continents as Earth placed in a different order, but that was only an illusion that was fed to the masses. In fact the world was much much bigger than that and people knew that the planet was bigger , but they knew that the seven continents were the only landmass were humans could live.  The existence of the Dark Continent was kept secret and it has remained a secret to the masses for hundreds of years, but that was not the only reason that humans didn't know of the existence of the Dark Continent and that was magicial beasts. These beasts were gigantic and had power's humans couldn't explain. They existed on the seven continents and we're considered dangerous to humanity so most of them were locked on a certain habitat as the swamp Gon took the first part of the Hunter exam. These creatures were very deadly , but they couldn't compare to the real monsters that inhabited the territory outside the seven continents. 

Even with the military of this age the humans didn't really dare to expand into the territory of these gigantic monster as the knew they would loose for sure and the coordinates the Tank was heading towards was on the territory of such creatures.

' What is out there? '

Tank questioned himself. He had never gone out of the safe territory, but he always wondered what was out there.

13