Treasure X Bones
572 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Man, shut the fuck up. You don't know shit about me or my father so you don't get to judge me. And about me waiting for my father to save me , you are correct. If you really knew him you would understand that he better will kill me himself instead of  letting me be killed by anyone else.

So, I suspect that even everyone else here dies I would survive for sure."

Caid listened to Mike's  words and couldn't help but somewhat agree. The power of the Ten Don's was strong enough to deter most people only with it's name so a direct retaliation from them would be avoided by everyone except for certain people who don't give a shit.

"Your thinking is good Mr Relov, but I don't think it will work in this situation. There can be no witnesses to what is happening, even if one is related to one of the Don's. So, I suggest you think of something else to save your skin."

"Whatever...

Cad saw the serious look on Pike's face and finally put two and two together. He composed his thoughts and spoke to no one in peculiar.

"I get it now. 

The reason why you are instigating Mike is to try and find out if he has any plan up his sleeve or if he is just waiting to be rescued. You also are saying that they will not spare him hopping to get something into motion, but there is one thing...

Caid's eyes stared deep into Pike as if he was judging him, making the later sweat a little.

"How can we trust you? You may just be spouting bullshit to try to cover up something and you are using us as shields. So , how about you explain to us how you know such things?"

"It's...umm...

Pikes facade crumbled as seconds passed. He knew that his plan to use Mike had been seen through and by a child at that.

"Ha..haha...kid are you sure you're not a bounty hunter?"

"Pretty sure I'm not, but that was not the question. The question is what are you?"

Caid's Aura begun to fluctuate as a very weak Ren brushed past Pike making his hair stand on end. Pike took two deep breaths before he managed to calm himself down, but the fear was still there.

"Fine, I'll tell you, but you're not going to like it. 

For starters you should know that I'm a decently famous bounty hunter that offers my services to well paying customers. I usually work in the United States of Seherta , but I also take international work and I did. 

A month ago I was hired by a company called Linzent International that deal's with the buying and selling of works of art and other valuable items old and new, a rich person's shopping mall if you will. So, a month ago I was hired by them to find an item that was stolen from one of their storage units, a diary of one of the most notorious pirates that has ever lived.

You see where I'm going with this right?"

"Don't tell me, a pirates treasure?  Please tell me you are joking."

"Hah, I wish I was.

At first they didn't tell me much about what the diary was or who it belonged, so I did a little research on my own and found that it belonged to Black Jack or Bones as he was called. He was one of the most ruthless and successful pirates that romed the western seas 200 years ago and that diary belonged to him. It is said that he plundered so many gold and other valuable goods that the estimated amount he had gained in all his years is valued at 15000000000 Jenny, and that diary has in it the location of all that wealth.

Preaty exciting huh?"

"So, you're telling me that the person that has the diary....

Pike nodded his head as if knowing what Caid was about to say.

"Yes, I had finally found out the exact location of the diary and that was on this airship. I planned to involve the police on the next stop if I couldn't get my hands on it before then, but I guess destiny had other plans."

This completely differed from Caid's conclusion of this being a terrorist attack and opening more questions. On the other side Mike was having the time of his life.

"Pfft... hahaha. You fucking really want us to believe that? What do I look like to you a ten year old? "

"You can believe what you want Mr Relev, but I'm telling the truth. "

All this information was very dubious coming from someone he had just meet, but he couldn't help think this was plausible. The truth is always stranger than fiction, especially when you take the weird things that exists in this world.

"I get it, but I have some more questions. If this is really a treasure hunt why would he take over an airship and not just rent one or even use private one? You know, not being public enemy number one?  Also do you know if the diary had any kind of connection with any kind of flower?"

This statement made Pike smile and the laughing Mike felt like he was ignored, something he didn't experience often.

"What!? Don't tell me you really believe in that nonsense? He is clearly making that shit up."

"I know that is possible Mark, but I don't know what to think anymore. All this is one big pile of shit and I'm trying to find a way out , even if it souds like nonsense."

' I need to gather all the pieces of this puzzle as soon as possible, because the more time passes the more likely I'm to forfeit my life.'

.....

The three of them had finally begun to uncover the truth of the situation, but they  still had a long way to go. In the meantime the airship flew across the no flight zone heading straight for it's destination.

12