Options X 3
430 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After somewhat understanding the situation Caid finally decided there was nothing more to do and turned on the radio, but he didn't imediately talk. He waited more than five minutes , until someone finally spoke.

"Psssss....Hello? Helloooo....

The voice of a man was heard from the radio making Caid look towards the girl. She understood what Caid wanted to ask and nodded her head.

"Helloooo...is anybody thereeee...

"Yes, I'm here." answered Caid a little anxiously as his hands started to sweat a little. This talk was better left to someone like Paikos, but he wanted to talk the Nen user himself. He wanted to maybe figure out what type of category he belonged to.

"Ohh, finally! I thought that girl had killed herself or something. Anyway, it's nice to finally talk to the one who made all of this shit possible."

"No need for thanks, it was all my pleasure." said Caid trying to push the Nen users buttons.

"Hahahahah.....

Wild laughter was heard from the other side and it didn't stop for a while, until it suddenly went silent making everyone around Caid swallow their spit at the same time.

"Kid, let's cut the pleasantries and get to the point. You have something I want, and I have something you want.

 How about a trade?"

"I agree" answered Caid as he gave a thumbs up to Paikos "A trade is a good idea, but how can I trust you? I have seen what you have done to those hostage's you promised to free."

"..... those are just unfortunate causalities. It was not personal , it was just business."

"Business...?" Said Caid as he gritted his teeth." You are quite cold I must say, taking the life of so many innocent people and calling it business. "

Another period of silence ensued as the man seemed to be thinking about Caid's words, but I didn't take long for an answer to come.

".... kid I suggest you don't think of others to much right now. It's better that you focus on yourself.  Consider this as a free advice from me."

As he heard these words Caid understood that he was not dealing with a normal person, but a cold blooded killer.

' This fucker!  If this is how you are going to play, then let's see what will you do!'

"Fine then! We will meet tomorrow on the beach the airship landed. Well be there at 9 sharp, don't be late!"

"Wh....

*Crack*

The man didn't have time to reply as Caid crushed the radio with his powerful grip. Tiny bits of plastic littered the ground as the ones around stared wide eyed.

"Why the fuck did you do that?! Now we have no way of talking to them anymore!" yelled out Mikael as he saw the crushed radio on Caid's hand.

"Why did you do that?" on the other hand Paikos was more restrained in his opinion. He was also angry from what Caid just did, but he was also afraid.

"Hah~

Caid slowly opponed his hand that held the crushed radio and when he saw it he sighed.  It wasn't a sigh of worry, but a sigh of relief , a relief from his morals.

"I'm sorry, but we will not be needing it anymore. All the could be said was already said and even if we want to, we can't anymore." said Caid as he tossed the broken radio aside.

"What do you mean? You just spouted some shit and didn't even let him answer. We didn't achieve anything!" angrily shouted Paikos.

"Hah..."Caid just sat down on the ground and closed his eyes trying to calm down his nerves. He was having another headache, but this time it was worse. 

"Hey, are you going to answer or what?"

Suddenly Caid's eyes flew open and they were as clear as they could get. "Mikael, do you know who that man I just talked to resembles? I'll tell you. 

He reminds me of my grandfather, Kain Yalan. He is cold, ruthless, and very very proud of himself... just like the man I just talked to. I'll tell you now that even if everything goes as planned and an airship comes for us, he will no let us go. As he already has a pilot he can easily hijack the airship that comes to get us ."

"Yeah, but so what? You can just tell your uncle to bring a lot of guys with guns. Even a Nen user can't possibly survive a rain of bullets , can he?"

"I don't know, but we can assume that he has the power to do just what I said. That is why I said that we don't need the radio anymore, because there is only one way this is going to end.

I'm sorry, but we have to fight."

"Caid....we can't do this. This is only suicide. " said Paikos trying to seem as calm as possible, but you could se the worry on his face.

"Paikos, I know that....

"No, no you don't know! I thought that you would be a little more mature and level headed, but now I see that I was wrong. You may be able to survive a fight, but we can't. We are just normal humans and not Nen users like you are. If we fight we will just die. 

But if we make a deal with them, then there is a possibility that we may live."

Caid fell into silence as he thought about what  Paikos just said and he couldn't help but think about Tank and  about his promise. ' Tank, I seem to have given you false hope. If only I hadn't done as the old man said, then this wouldn't be happening. The only reason that he is still alive is that they don't know how to control the airship. It they did....

Caid slowly got up and lifted his head upwards. The sun smiled at him as he smiled back like he hadn't smiled before. He had finally figured out a third option. "You are right Paikos, I can't put you in danger. That's why I'm going to do this by myself."

"What are you talking about?" said Paikos with a questioning face 

...........

Sorry for a slow chapter release, but I have been working in my new novel Farmer: The First .

If you'd like to read it , I hope you'll enjoy it.

10