13. Update
3.9k 9 176
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As a One Horn, Lilith was wide-eyed after seeing the palace-like mansion.

She took a deep-deep breath and pushed down the jealousy in her heart.

'Is there a werewolf living in this place? Death? Dracula?'

She looked around and noticed, striking wild red roses growing all over the place. They were beautiful.

The mansion was old and dilapidated but it still held a kind of grandeur. It seemed grand despite it, looking like it’s about to fall off.

'What a waste of good hideout.' Lilith thought to herself.

The gates before Lilith silently open as a figure walked up to her and bowed as if to welcome her.

"I was just about to escort you here, boss." It was Dhampy.

"Is this supposed to be your home?"

Lilith raised her head to ask.

Dhampy's face stiffened. She grew uncomfortable with the question.

Showing a shallow frown, she finally answered, "Yes, and no, it is a little complicated."

Lilith, of course, took note of this and just shrugged her shoulders, "You don't need to tell me if you don't want to say it." She didn’t want to push her.

"...thank you." Dhampy didn't expect such consideration. But it was greatly appreciated. 

[Dhampy's Loyalty +3] 

'It actually increased…doesn’t take much to please her, huh.'

Fronting a "mature" gaze, Lilith put her hands on her back and walked towards the mansion without much thought.

For all she cared, this mansion now belonged to her.

The metal gate opened, and a number of potholes and craters presented themselves.

It seemed to be an aftermath of a fight.

The craters were deep and the trenches created from a sword's sharp edge got Lilith's attention. The ground was lacerated and looking at it closely, the mansion's front also suffered the same fate.

'What happened here? Did a High-Ranker fought here before?'

The fight should have been fierce; this was no ordinary scuffle. She had seen fights between small fries and she could tell it will not result in such devastation. She could attest to it, she’s the small fry, after all.

"No one knows of this place other than us, Boss."  Out of nowhere, Dhampy assured Lilith of this fact. Her confident but still having hesitation.

[Her Loyalty did not decrease, she’s not lying.] Alpha added.

"…okay." She responded to both.

Lilith secretly glanced over at Dhampy before returning her gaze upfront.

"Where is the girl?"

"She is asleep at the moment. The High-Pixies and the Pixie Lord will not be able to find her here."

"Wait, Pixie Lord?"

"Yes, it appears the High-Pixies were sent to bring her back to their place."

"...Is that so." Hesitation was apparent on Lilith’s voice. She was worried about something.

"We are safe from outside threats, there is an illusion placed around us. The Pixies will not find us." Dhampy assured.

"But is it really safe? The illusion in this place is already crumbling. The Master of this place should be dead now, considering it's already in such a state. The illusion will disappear someday, so it would be for the best if we don't think too optimistically." Lilith argued with one of her brows raised.

Hearing her words, Dhampy could not say anything anymore. 

[The Illusion will hold out for about a year, but don't rely on it too much as it might fall apart at any moment. Any powerful force from the inside can make this place crumble. But if we use it with care, this place should hold up for a while. But you’re right, don’t be too optimistic.]

Lilith still had her doubts, but she decided that this place is better than nothing.

The two entered the dilapidated-looking mansion, and inside, it was as spacious as she thought.

The interior was made from luxurious materials — destroyed luxurious materials.

This should've been a place for aristocracy or something like that. A wry smile appeared on Lilith's young face after seeing the devastation.

"This is surprising." The walls were busted open, and the floor was carved out. The chandelier hanging by the ceiling was hanging by a single...Snap*, crash! The chandelier turned to trash.

'That's a good sign...'

Whatever caused all this devastation was not messing around. Sighing once again, Lilith could only shake her head.

Her jealousy subsided just a little bit.

‘My Den is better than this.’ She thought to herself.

Dhampy escorted Lilith to the third floor where a room miraculously survived.

Inside, the silver-haired girl who had just woken up was looking out the window while sitting on a wooden chair.

Upon Dhampy's entry, the silver-haired girl stood up and bowed her head while saying her thanks.

"Once again, thank you for giving me a roof to stay for a while." She then noticed Dhampy's smile before turning to the loli beside her benefactor.

The girl got curious and asked, "Is she also someone you rescued, a follower perhaps?"

Dhampy fervently shook her head then answered with a cold voice, "She is my master, my boss. I am her follower, she was the one who gave me my name, and I Dhampy am the one who serves her."

"What!? This little ki...I mean ado...I mean noble daemon is the leader?"

With a jolt, an urge to poison the girl and feeding her to the fishes appeared in Lilith's mind. But she held it in and showed a calm disposition. Snapping her dainty little fingers, Dhampy reacted and brought a chair for Lilith to sit on.

With crossed legs, Lilith observed the girl with interested eyes.

Lilith made it seem like she was menacing and all-powerful, yet the silver-haired girl was still taller than her, 'Goddammit, I can't assert dominance like this.'

She cursed inside her head.

"Name."

"Excuse me?"

"I am asking you what your name is. Are you a nameless daemon or someone with a name?"

"I am nameless."

Lilith observed her reaction. She looked at her class name and slightly thinned her eyes.

"Silberofer."

That single word caused the silver-haired lady to jump in surprise. A daemon can only see other daemon's LVL, but this child could actually see through her class.

She gritted her teeth; she didn't want others seeing her class. After all, she was ashamed of it.

But...despite her reaction, she could only clench her fist.

"A common-tier daemon, I have no idea what you are, but from what I can tell from your pleas last night, even I can tell what will happen to you if you were to be taken away. You're going to be turned to experience, right? But, they were trying to take you alive, so it must be something more complicated."

"...Yes." her hands were shaking as she answered.

Lilith saw this reaction and had her mind do all the work.

An awkward silence prevailed for both sides chose to stay silent.

'Well, I have my priorities.'

After a deep state of silence, Lilith finally opened her mouth to speak.

"So, do you wish to stay here and become my follower?"

"I am a sacrifice! I — wait, what now?"

"I asked if you want to become my follower. I won't give you to the Pixies if you choose to follow me. Though if you do that, we'll fight against Pixies in the future. Okay, I shall repeat myself no longer. You heard me, now, give me an answer."

The Silberofer was at a loss. She thought Lilith would ask what she was, but she was wrong. This young girl before her was kind enough to extend her hands before someone who wanted help.

'How kind.'

The Silberofer was astounded by this amount of kindness that she failed to close her mouth. Dhampy saw this and nodded her head in satisfaction. This Dhampir knew she didn't choose wrong.

But they were lucky that they did not know Lilith did not care about the Silberofer's past. It was not something worth knowing. What Lilith wanted from this lady was for her to become her new follower and complete the mission so she could have that darn [Eye of Akashic].

Three days remain before the deadline comes, but Lilith was already trying to recruit another one. If she let this one go and have her turn to some sort of shish kebab would be a waste. Also, finding an easily manipulated daemon would be hard.

'She owes me a debt of gratitude. This girl better accept my offer or else.'

"I do not have all day. I have yet to sleep because of the matter of saving you. Now, give me an answer." irritated, Lilith demanded a quick answer.

"Ah, yes, I would like to stay here. I will be your follower if I need to be."

"Good, now, kneel, and I will bestow upon you a name."

The girl got off the chair and kneeled before Lilith. Lilith raised her hand and decided to give her a name.

"...Sylva, I will grant you the name of Sylva, do you accept the name?"

"I accept, I will become the master's follower, devoting my heart and soul to you." the girl was quick to accept.

A bright golden light appeared from Sylva's body, Lilith then raised her head and felt tired for some reason.

[Followers [2/2] (complete)

Rewards: Blessing of the Goddess, [Lv. 1 Eye of Akashic (SSS)] (obtained)

You have completed the mission three days before the allotted time; you will now be granted a bonus Reward.]

With that, Lilith managed to get a new follower and completed the mission. She was already happy after receiving the blessing, but after receiving another goodie, she became even more ecstatic.

With great enthusiasm, she opened the Bonus Reward.

[Bonus Reward: The Goddess has granted you and your followers a Family name: Qurenara.]

Lilith was granted a family name, and so did the other two followers. She wanted to react, but then heard Alpha's voice.

===

[Optimization of the System is required.

Timer: 7:59:59

Go to sleep, for now, Lilith Qurenara]

===

Lilith collapsed. Her two followers began panicking.

But before falling asleep, she managed to comment on that oh-so-wonderful bonus reward.

'Useless...reward.' she was being honest.

176