Episode 2 : Cursed
50 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'This bed is so comfortable, what time is it...

Wait the snake.. The snake!

I immediately opened my eyes and stood up.'

"Oh great snake, don't eat me!"

I shouted nervously but when i opened my eyes, i realised that the snake is gone and im inside a house. "What happened?" I said to myself.

*A laughter of a guy*

A guy with white hair and blue eyes appeared

"Don't worry the snake won't harm you"

I calmed myself down

"Who are you"

He walked towards me in well mannered way

"Forgive me for my late introduction, just call me Jack. I am the guardian of this Mountain"

I can see that his a good guy but i still feel something is off. I set it aside since he rescued me. He then asked me to sit down and drink the tea he brought, he said that the tea is going to help me.

When the atmosphere calmed down so i had the opportunity to ask him about what happened to me.

"Jack, do you know what happened to me?"

He chuckled and said

"You really have no idea what happened to you?"

He stared at my face and i gave him the i have no clue face. He put down the tea he was drinking and said

"You fainted and i brought you here"

I knew i fainted but what made me faint.

Then i remembered the warm light that covered, does he know something about it.

"What about the light?! What was it?!"

I unnoticeably raised my voice

His face became serious and his eyes began to glow but the glow didn't last long. He then took back his tea and drank it.

*gulp*

"Do you really want to know what was that light?"

I nodded

"That light lifted your curse"

Did i hear that right... C--curse?!

"What curse?"

"It seems like you know nothing about the curse, that curse is still active until now however the curse is starting to fade with the help of that light. That light was not a normal light but a devine spirit that lives on this mountain"

I was still curious what was that curse about and why did that light helped me lift it and before i was about to ask him, he continued talking.

"That curse that was in you is very impressive, it locked all your magical powers away in yo-"

"Locked my magical powers?!!! Who would do such thing to a baby!!"

I raised my voice again without realising it

"Calm down, kid. You're cursed since you were a baby? If what you're saying is true, this curse might have came from someone who have been envious to you like someone from your family?"

He's right, my family could have done this but why... That's something i should find out after i leave at this place but more importantly if i was freed from the curse... Does that mean i have magical powers?!

"What your thinking is right and not just a mere magical power. It's something peculiar."

He said that without me saying anything

Did he read my mind?!

"That's also right"

He replied again.

I freaked out and made a weird

"Wait-- stop, that's seriously creepy"

He chuckled then i felt comfortable with him

"So where are we in the first place and what happened to the snake?"

"Oh about that, we're inside the portal on the shrine and the snake is infront of you" 

He said

"Oh so we're inside the shrine and the snak- WHAAAAT?!!! YOU'RE A SNAKE"

I immediately stood up and distanced myself from him

He burst into laughter and then he stood up

"Don't worry, i don't eat humans specially someone special like you."

"Special like me? What do you mean?"

i asked then his eyes started to glow in blue again

He turned his back on me and looked outside.

I then felt that the atmosphere had become serious. "I can see the magic inside you kid and it's special to be in someone young like you but at the same time i am worried that it could also be the cause of your death." 

I walked towards him and asked

"The cause of my death?"

He faced back at me and pointed his figures towards my chest "Yes kid, the magic will devour you if you don't control it right and base on what you said, you didn't have magic since you were a baby. Am i right?"

I nodded

"That means you don't know how to control that massive magic. I can help you with that and train you to make it stronger and hone it."

He said while smiling greedily

"What's the cache"

I knew that there was a condition, it is too good to be free.

He covered his face with his fan and smiled

"Once we're outside this shrine, make traps all over the mountain to prevent outsiders from reaching the top of the mountain"

It's simple and i didn't ask the reason to why he wants a trap to prevent outsiders, i just nodded and agreed to his conditions.

He then started to walk away and said

"We're going to start training tomorrow, for now rest in your bed so that the curse that's covering you at the moment will completely disappear" 

[ The next day ] 

I woke up in a blurry vision and saw a pretty girls face. "An angel" i whispered

I was in shock and immediately stood up, i accidentally banged my head with hers

She was calm and didn't react.

"Argh, who are you?!" 

i asked

"Don't worry, she's just my servant i asked to guard you while you were resting. Cleo you can go back now"

Jack said

The pretty girl left and jack placed some clothes infront of me.

He walked away and said

"Clean up and go to the back of the house in 30 minutes, be late and you get punished"

[ Moments later ]

As i walk towards the back of the house, i felt something. The soothing feeling i felt when i first entered the mountain. 

"Oho, you can feel that presense?"

Jack proudly said while approaching me from the back

He then stood beside me and said

"Cleo is the devine spirit that helped you and she also guides those who are worthy to the top of the mountain. If someone entered here with a malicious intention, cleo will get them lost to the point that they will die on the forest"

Cleo... She's so kind to trust me and scary.

I was grateful to cleo for allowing me to enter the forest and guiding me to the shrine.

A smile was shown on my face as i thought of those words and jack saw it

"Indeed, infact it's been thousands of year since i had a visitor" Jack replied on what i was thinking

"Wait you're old?! And stop reading my mind"

I shouted while acting like a brat

He laughed loudly again

"You're a funny kid, anyway jokes aside. Shall we get started"

We then trained all day long with various of weird training but i still followed it since i was eager to become stronger to fight of those who cursed me and to prove to myself that i am not failure.

After a year and half of training, i woke up with jack and cleo infront on my bed holding a gift on their hands.

"What's going on?" I asked

To be continued

4