CH12 — Unlikely Cooperation
2.9k 4 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today’s class was a lecture on the basics of dual cultivation and the surrounding sub-topics. How convenient for him, as now he wouldn’t need to sit through this in the evening. 

So the reason why I might turn mad from cultivating with someone of my cultivation is that the quality of their Yang Qi would be too poor for stable growth whereas by sheer cultivation level difference Dai Meifen is fine…

The lecture also happened to be about many less prominent teachings that impacted a single student instead of the whole class. But if I practise Yang arts, I don’t have to worry about such problems occurring — given I’m capable enough with it to give Yang Qi based techniques any mind.

The latter topics had to do with the basics of Qi aptitude. Men would ninety-nine times out of a hundred harmonise with Yang. However, some would be as compatible with Yin as women yet couldn’t use the other. 

Why can’t magic be easy? There was a mountain of learning ahead of him, but he wasn’t intimidated by it. He craved for challenges and thus had pushed his mind and body to their limits with video games in his previous life. Additionally, the mastery of cultivation would assure his life to be smooth and full of luxury, something that video games couldn’t ensure. 

“If there are no more questions, I will dismiss class,” Dai Meifen announced.

Everyone stood, beginning to leave. “Ku Lo, your punishment isn’t over.” 

“Okay—” 

“Deacon Dai,” he was interrupted by Feng Huling, who dashed between him and Dai Meifen with her eyes squinting “I know Ku Lo was late, but only once. How severe can punishment for such a light offence be?”

Dai Meifen shivered. “Well, you see… though he…” she began meandering with her words, most likely thinking of an answer fit for an elder’s daughter. “It was one time; however, it was the first day of class. And when he arrived on the second day, he didn’t bother reporting his appearance to me either.”

“Fairy Feng, you don’t need to help me.” Ku Lo was going to step forward while speaking, but an enormous hand on his shoulder halted him. Who? By instinct, he glanced over his shoulder. Bo. It was the giant following Feng Huling everywhere, shaking his head to him.

“I’ll be fine,” Feng Huling said. “I simply wish to know why a misdemeanour is punished like this.”

Fairy Feng, you really don’t need to. Ku Lo liked how helpful she could be, but help wasn’t needed here. You’re making this harder than it needs to be.

“I wish to make an example of him.”

Of course.

Feng Huling’s eyebrows shot up. “Make an example of him? Then why did you warn me and Rin Tin Tin for speaking, yet not him?”

“I-I didn’t hear him talk?” Dai Meifen gave what might be the worst explanation to a careless slip of mouth. “I had other things than to police two ladies fighting over a boy.”

Feng Huling, seeing through her lies, pushed. “Don’t mess with me, Deacon Dai. Or I’ll get my family involved.”

Shit. Shit. Shit, Ku Lo chanted. The situation couldn’t be taking a worse direction. 

“You want your family involved in this?” Dai Meifen asked with a demeaning chuckle. She even started walking away from her, waving her hand as a parting gesture. 

“Fine!” Feng Huling exclaimed. “But you have to stop picking on Ku Lo after today!” 

“No need to shout, Fairy Feng.” Ku Lo, who had his head staring at Feng Huling, departed to follow Dai Meifen. “I’m glad for all the help.”  

Out of the classroom and into the hallways, Ku Lo put some extra pace into his steps to reach Dai Meifen’s side. What’s going on there? As he did so, his eyes noticed the Huang sisters, Rin Tin Tin, and many others swarmed by a group of disciples he hadn’t seen before. Are they? 

“Deacon Dai, wait here.” Without waiting for a response, he rushed towards the scene.

His hands shoved aside the first row of disciples as he made a path towards the centre of the group where his classmates were. Are they being harassed? Inside the sect?

“Hey, you two. Want to drop by senior brother’s place?” a person who was at least twice older than the Huang sisters asked. “I would love to take you out to eat.” Most of the comments were directed at Rin Tin Tin. “Who wants to lose their virginity?” The female harassers were the most shameless, using anything to mislead boys naïve enough to grasp the chance. 

Is this what Dai Meifen meant with many such cases? Ku Lo had an epiphany. Yet, as he glanced back at her, it came clear that Dai Meifen didn’t care to stop these adults from harassing his classmates with malicious intentions. I can't be like her.

He shook his head and continued the centre. 

“Huang Gingge!” Ku Lo shouted to be heard above everyone else. “Did someone hurt you?!” The scared woman huddled behind her sister, shaking and trying to get away from everyone. 

“These people, every day they come here... to...” she sobbed. 

“It's fine,” he said, putting a hand on her shoulder, atop her brown hairs. “I'm here. I'll deal with them.” 

He turned around to face the mob of grown adults preying on his classmates. “Fuck off!” he roared. 

Few glanced at him before continuing with their despicable words and actions. 

“Each and every one of you fuck off!” 

Ku Lo roared at them for a minute to an ever lessening effect.  

What in the hell can I do?! At some point, he had to end and come up with a different idea. 

A distraction. He searched his surroundings, but there was nothing that could create a big distraction in this wooden hallway, let alone disperse this group of depraved cultivators.   

However, as his eyes went through the room, he had another idea. I'll force Dai Meifen’s hand. His teacher was still waiting for him. But she doesn't care for... There was a hole in his plan. 

“Ku Lo, are you okay?” Rin Tin Tin found her way to him even in this sea of people. 

“Thank you! Thank you, Rin Tin Tin!” He praised her for sparking a fantastic idea within his head. "Now hit me in the face and yell I got punched!”

During the first sentence, Rin Tin Tin was forming a smile on her face; however, around his second sentence, it turned to confusion as her v-shaped head tilted to the side. 

“I know you can do it.” 

Rin Tin Tin shrugged her shoulders right before punching him in the cheek and letting out a high-pitched scream. “Someone punched Ku Lo!”

I hope this works, Ku Lo thought as he fell. 

His plan worked better than expected. Even before his back collided with the floor, a person scooped him into her embracing hands. 

“Teacher Dai!” Rin Tin Tin cried murder. “One of these people hit Ku Lo as he tried to defend us!”

Not a second later, the unleashing of a dominant aura swept everyone's mouth shut. “Which... Which one of you bastards and harlots hit my student?!” Dai Meifen screamed, even if she was the sole voice anyone in the hallway could hear. 

Of course, there came no answer. 

“It hurts,” Ku Lo wailed in her arms as an act. You should have taken action earlier. Sure, he tricked her, but it was for a good cause. Furthermore, this led him to believe that Dai Meifen might want to change their business status to something more romantic. 

The first noise coming from the crowd was of people being pushed aside by someone strong. 

“What happened?” The first voice from the crowd belonged to Feng Huling's fairy-like, soothing voice. “Did someone get hurt?” 

Ku Lo, keeping his act, looked. Indeed, it was Bo shouldering aside anyone foolish enough to stay put before him, and though Feng Huling wasn't showing, there was no chance of her not being behind his massive figure. 

“Why won't you talk?!” Dai Meifen didn't react to their appearance. “You all were so talkative a few seconds ago!”

“Ku Lo?” Feng Huling circled around Bo and came to his side. “Did she hurt you?”

Ku Lo choked for a blink. Why do you think so? he wanted to ask, but didn't speak due to him being 'hurt'.  

“No, someone from the older generations punched him in the face, as he tried to make them leave,” Rin Tin Tin lied for him. 

“Rin Tin Tin, did you see who?” 

Rin Tin Tin had a depressed facial expression to prop her lying. “No, the hand came from the midst of the crowd.”  

While they began to speak, Ku Lo heard a large group of people run towards them in the distance.

“Guards!” Dai Meifen shouted “Over here! Over here!” 

The clanking of gear and thumping of boots became louder with every passing second. What kind of police force does a sect have?

To answer his question came an armed to the teeth army. I hope they won’t… His hopeful thoughts halted as the police brutally crushed every senior disciple who had arrived to harass them. They all were nailed to the ground one by one. No, don’t draw your— The never-ending mass of screaming police began to draw out their blades and batons.  

 

43