Chapter 47. Dragonfire Desert III
4.8k 5 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragon King's Harem Chapter 47. Dragonfire Desert III

In the middle of our Yegauns' growls and chaos, my hands pulled the reins to calm my Yegaun down as I used my skill.
'Analyze!'

[Name: Cruel Cratula]
[Level 40]
[Type: Insect]
[Element: Earth]
[Speed: Normal]
[HP: 591/591]
[Mana: 122/122]
[ATK: 318]
[M.ATK: 59]
[DEF: 100]
[Skills: Poison Tail, Poison Fangs, Web Trap, Ground Hole]

I gasped as soon as I saw their Ground Hole skill.
"We have to break through!" I ordered. The Ground Hole skill was a skill used to trap and pull its victims into the ground. This was a common skill for insect type monsters that live in deserts or sandy soil. If it was just one monster, it was fine by me, but since they came in large numbers, I could imagine how big the hole would be. Indeed, Eir and I could fly to avoid their attacks, and I could take Evelina with me. But I didn't want to sacrifice our Yegauns to those monsters. There was only one way to avoid this skill, which was to break through them and keep moving, as this skill was only effective on immobile victims. That's why they intimidated us with the earthquake to keep us there.

After the command left my mouth, we kicked our Yegauns' side and charged towards them.
"Evelina!"

Without saying anything else, she directed her staff at me and used her skills.

[Evelina Lavinia Iaoth gave you Power Boost!]
[Your ATK and MATK have increased by 100%]
[Evelina Lavinia Iaoth gave you Accelerate!]
[Your SPD has increased by 100%]

At the same time, I recast my other skills.

'Adrenaline Surge! Dragon Armor! '

[Adrenaline Surge has been activated.]
[Dragon Armor has been activated.]
[Power Boost has been activated.]
[Accelerate has been activated.]

[ATK: 200 + 100+ 200]
[M.ATK: 200 + 100 +200]
[DEF: 96 + 48]
[SPD: 96 + 48 +96]
[Time remaining: 14:56]

Then I pulled out my Double EXP Potion from my inventory and drank it in one gulp without taking my eyes off my targets. The empty flask in my hand disappeared as an announcement appeared before me.

[Double EXP Potion's effect has started!]
[Time remaining: 59:56]

Yes, even if I ordered to break through since those monsters attacked me in groups, this was a good chance to level up. There was no way I would waste this opportunity.

Once they entered my range of attack, I used my skill on the three monsters in the front row.

'Earth Spike!'

Three large spikes appeared beneath the monsters' bodies, pushing them to the surface and throwing them into the air. Showing three monsters, half spiders, half black scorpions as big as buses. Their sharp tails' tips dripped purple poison. Their outer skins not only looked tough like normal scorpions but were also covered in coarse hair.
"Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!" A strange clicking sound out of their mouths which were covered in two huge, sharp fangs.

[You have pierced a Cruel Cratula for 25 HP]
[You have pierced a Cruel Cratula for 26 HP]
[You have pierced a Cruel Cratula for 23 HP]

Unfortunately, since the skill had the same element as the monsters, there wasn't much damage done from it. But my goal was only to get them out of the ground. Without pausing, I used another skill.

'Blazing Orb!'

Thirty-five reddish-orange fireballs with dense energy swirling in them appeared before me. Swiftly, I moved my hand, throwing my orbs at them the mid-air.

Noticing my attack, the monsters fired their webs to counter my orbs. I let some of my orbs burn their webs. While moving the others around to avoid it with my telekinetic skill and launching it at them.

[Elemental Critical Hit!]
[Overkill!]
[You have shot a Cruel Cratula for 401 HP] X 9
[You have shot a Cruel Cratula for 400 HP] X 9
[You have shot a Cruel Cratula for 403 HP] X 9

And those Cruel Cratulas burned to ashes.
'Too bad, I can't get this Spikes out more than that.'

Without stopping my movement or slowing down my speed, I used my Earth Spike skill and repeated it as before.

The rumbles from the ground from my Earth Spike mixed with the explosion's sounds from my Blazing Orb shouting through the sky as the monsters burned and turned to ashes. Beads of sweat on my forehead dripped down to my chin. With this many enemies, it was not only draining my mana but also consumed my concentration. Sometimes I had to control my Yegaun to dodge or jump to avoid their attacks. On the other hand, I also had to attack and defend with my Mana Barrier at the same time. Even though I had sharper senses and my movements were faster than others, it was not an easy task. But no matter how difficult it was, I knew I could handle it. That's why I asked Evelina and Eir not to interfere in my fight. Well ... They knew my goal for this journey was to level up anyway. If not, I would definitely fly to the sacred place.

Some of those monsters tried to run away, but of course, I wouldn't let them. I extended my hand.
'Mana Barrier!'

A transparent wall appeared.

[A barrier has been formed.]

But since they were underground, that couldn't block them. Then I moved my hand downwards, moving the barrier through the sand, placing it in front of one of them with my telekinetic skill.

Followed by a loud crash.

- Brak!

[A Cruel Cratula has hit your barrier, mana barrier energy 2/3.]

The collision caused half of his body to appear to the surface, exposing the upper monster's body. Without wasting time, I used my Blazing Orb and threw a few of them at the monster.

[Elemental Critical Hit!]
[Overkill!]
[You have shot a Cruel Cratula for 393 HP] X 3

Then I moved my hand again to shift my Mana Barrier to another monster and did the same.

It only took a few minutes before all of them burned to ashes.

[All enemies have been defeated!]
[Level Up!] [Level Up!]
[You are now Level 37. HP +100, Mana + 40, ATK and MATK + 10, DEF and SPD +4]

[HP: 2050/2050] [Mana: 820/820]
[ATK: 230]             [M.ATK: 230]
[SPD: 102]             [DEF: 102]

'Wow! Nice.' I grinned at my victory as I pulled the reins in my hands to stop my Yegaun and looked behind me. Of course, after I confirmed there weren't any other monsters near us. My eyes were upon the huge Spikes of sand hardened by my mana as if huge thorns had grown from beneath the desert.

But then, I pulled my reins again to shift my Yegaun forward. The spikes would turn to sand and mix with their surroundings by themselves. Now, my eyes stared at a temple made of sand from a distance. The sand around it was red as if it was made of embers. It was called the Pyro Temple. But despite its name as a temple, it was just a simple building made of a trapezoidal sand structure split in half with antique shapes. Above it, two large fires were burning day and night, dancing like a pair of couples in love. A shorter red stone platform was in the centre with a tall staircase connecting it.

Below the temple, some monsters roamed. Even though I couldn't check their status, from their appearance, I knew they were middle-level fire element monsters. Besides that, a red barrier also covered the place like a large dome.

Without saying anything, I kicked the side of my Yegaun to move towards that place slowly. This time I had to be more careful. While Evelina and Eir followed me.

98