Chapter 48. Dragonfire Desert IV
5k 6 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragon King's Harem Chapter 48. Dragonfire Desert IV

Minutes passed. As we got closer and closer to the Pyro Temple, the monsters were approaching more and more. Even I couldn't handle them alone, so Eir and Evelina had to kill the monsters that were attacking them by themselves.

"Rrrooooaaaahhh!" A screeching sound of pain came out of a Xerus shaped monster that landed hard on the sand after one of my Blazing Orbs managed to injure him, while my other orbs killed his friends.

He was as big as a van with his coarse fur, which was yellowish orange like the colour of the desert to blend himself with his surroundings easier, sharp claws and teeth completed his appearance.

[Name: Violent Xerus]
[Level 35]
[Type: Brute]
[Element: Earth]
[Speed: Normal]
[HP: 117/517]
[Mana: 102/102]
[ATK: 278]
[M.ATK: 27]
[DEF: 92]
[Skills: Sharp Claws, Strong Jaws, Camouflage]

Unwilling to give up, he leapt at me with his claws and mouth wide open, preparing to tear my body apart. But swiftly, I used my Mana Weapon. One of my Revolvers appeared in my hand. I aimed my weapon at his open mouth and pulled the trigger.

- Bang!

The bullets launched right into his mouth and pierced his throat.

[Overkill!]
[You have shot a Violent Xerus for 483 HP] X 2

Fresh blood came out of his wound and the monster fell onto the sand.

[All enemies have been defeated!]
[Level Up!] [Level Up!]
[You are now Level 39. HP +100, Mana + 40, ATK and MATK + 10, DEF and SPD +4]

[HP: 2150/2150] [Mana: 860/860]
[ATK: 240]             [M.ATK: 240]
[SPD: 106]            [DEF: 106]

'Nice,' I thought. I needed to admit that Al's Double EXP Potion really worked. Moreover, I used it in a place with lots of monsters like this. My leg kicked my Yegaun's side and we started moving slowly. Soon we would enter the red barrier protecting the temple so we had to be careful since it would alarm the monsters that roam there. Since the monsters' element would be fire, not earth like before, my Blazing Orbs would be less effective against them. Meanwhile, the earth element was also ineffective against fire element monsters, which meant ... I had to depend on my Mana Weapon again.

When the barrier was one meter in front of me, I pulled the reins and stopped. My eyes looked at the monsters around the temple and used my Analyze skill. There were three kinds of middle-level monsters.

The first monster was a large red Frilled Lizard. His back was covered in huge flames that raged like spikes on a hedgehog's back. Likewise with his frill which was made of flames. His black eyes popped out like a frog.

[Name: Flame Lizard]
[Level 46]
[Type: Brute]
[Element: Fire]
[Speed: Normal]
[HP: 680/680]
[Mana: 140/140]
[ATK: 366]
[M.ATK: 69]
[DEF: 120]
[Skills: Fire Spike, Flame Breath, Sharp Claws]

The second monster was a large snake like the previous Ruthless Rattlesnake. What distinguished him was that his scales were covered in tiny fire sparks that enveloped his entire body. And his ears which were shaped like board maple leaves were replaced by flames that fluttered in the wind. And a great fire was at the end of his tail.

[Name: Fire Rattlesnake]
[Level 50]
[Type: Brute]
[Element: Fire]
[Speed: Normal]
[HP: 740/740]
[Mana: 153/153]
[ATK: 400]
[M.ATK: 74]
[DEF: 126]
[Skills: Flame Tail, Poison Fangs, Fire Skin, Fire Rain]

The third monster was shaped like a large coyote with blackish red flames that replaced his fur to cover his body. Large sharp teeth adorned his mouth and his ears turned here and there with great caution. Some of them had turned in our direction and watched us.

[Name: Firoyote]
[Level 51]
[Type: Brute]
[Element: Fire]
[Speed: Normal]
[HP: 751/751]
[Mana: 149/149]
[ATK: 410]
[M.ATK: 72]
[DEF: 123]
[Skills: Flame Breath, Sharp Claws, Fire Skin, Fire Rain]

Meanwhile, the other monsters were shaped like fiery rabbits or small, smouldering black rock golems. I didn't pay much attention to them since their level was below level 20, other than that there weren't any special skills that would harm me.

My brain thought as my eyes looked at them.

"What are your plans, Your Majesty?" asked Eir who stopped his Yegaun by my side.

I didn't answer. When we entered the barrier, they would storm at us so we had to move quickly.
"We will leave our Yegaun here and fly over there." My flying ability would be very useful for this. Since I could dodge easier.

"Yes, Your Majesty," replied Eir. Then we got off our mounts.

Evelina just silenced in a grim expression after hearing my words. But I knew what was on her mind, she couldn't fly, so she had to walk. Of course, this would be hard for her. While another option was she had to stay and wait for us here. Despite this difficulty, she remained silent and had not said anything since she knew we had the advantages if we faced these monsters from above.

"Evelina, can you create a barrier for them?" I said. I needed to make sure our mounts didn't become the other monsters' food.

"Yes, Your Majesty," she said. Then she pointed her staff at our Yegaun and used her Mana Barrier. A transparent dome appeared and covered our mounts.

"Thank you." Then I turned towards the temple.
"Should we move now?" My wings appeared behind me as I recast my other skills.
'Adrenaline Surge! Dragon Armor! '

Likewise with Eir.

But Evelina answered me by using her skills on me.

[Evelina Lavinia Iaoth gave you Power Boost!]
[Your ATK and MATK have increased by 100%]
[Evelina Lavinia Iaoth gave you Accelerate!]
[Your SPD has increased by 100%]

[Adrenaline Surge has been activated.]
[Dragon Armor has been activated.]
[Power Boost has been activated.]
[Accelerate has been activated.]

[ATK: 240 + 120+ 240]
[M.ATK: 240 + 120 +240]
[DEF: 106 + 53]
[SPD: 106 + 53 +106]
[Time remaining: 14:56]

"Go ahead, Your Majesty. I'll stay here," said Evelina. Looks like she decided to stay there so she wouldn't be a burden to me and Eir.

"What are you talking about?" I said with a frown. I walked over to her and pulled her into my arms with one hand. My eyes stared at her.
"You have to come with me," I said.

Evelina looked at me in hesitation.
"But--"

I interrupted her.
"Hang on!" Without further ado, I flicked my wings.

Evelina hugged my neck in reflex as her feet were getting away from the ground. The staff hovered near us following her.
"Yo-Your Majesty, I will be your burden," she said in a stammering voice. Her heart was pounding in nervousness. It was the king who took her to fly, it was a great honour for her. She knew she would become a burden since I couldn't move my hands freely if I took her, but she couldn't cover up her happiness.

I put my index finger on her lips.
"Shhh! Don't underestimate me," I whispered. I had calculated everything that's why I was doing this. I stopped in the mid-air and my gaze shifted forward.
"I want you to create a Mana Barrier when I ask you," I said.

"I understand." There was a sense of relief in her heart since at least she wasn't a burden.

"Are you ready, Eir?" I shouted.

"I'm ready, Your Majesty," he said as he used his Frost Bolt. Several sharp chunks of ice appeared and floated around him, preparing to attack its enemies.

After I heard his answer, I used my Mana Weapon.
'All Weapons!'

My weapons appeared at my sides and floated in the air since I controlled them with my Telekinetic skill. While my Gauntlet covered my hands to my shoulders.

[7 Weapons are in your control. ]

Then we stormed at them.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:

reaper,Shae D,Iftekhar Alam, Daniel, rei-sama, Azekno,IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Bad Company, Eduardo, Nemorus, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind,Alvin Leung,William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Austin Applegate, Agideon, Gregory, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera,Didrik Sagafos, Redfuio, Puggan Se, Daniel Cortez, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Jaycob Strunk, Grundy00,Riley, Milestone, Od-Man, Andrew Desmond,Rikashi Shiarimoto,Skyler Ting,Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Ethan chen,Tobias Alkblad,JTOKING,Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah,merc8,Cameron Taylor,Joseph Bentley,Sentinel, nolan nickelberry, Russell Davidson,HamDaniel,Brandon Bradley,regenschabe, Casey E Maupin,Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87,Torrinth,Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Yeuromain, Anthony Gauthier, Glenn Grogan, Gregory Lamberta, Alzein, Akhil, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, TheBroilern, Warwulfv,Jay Owens, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Baráth Bálint, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, bloodbane 21, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, Jetdy S, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, Shae D, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, Jonathan Flook, MacZeuss, The Tallest Joshua, Royce321,LORD SHAXX, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster,, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books.

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️

My Patreon-page 
My ko-fi page

My Discord


99