Chapter 237. Stubborn Princess II
397 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragon King's Harem Chapter 237. Stubborn Princess II

The servant bowed and left. I felt a gentle pat on my shoulder. It made me turn to face Evelina. My sight quickly caught her worried expression.

"Your majesty," she spoke, her voice filled with concern.

"Can I go with you?" she asked, her eyes pleading.

I shook my head from side to side firmly, knowing that if she came with me, things could get much more complicated. Glasha was a stubborn woman, and I feared that I may have to resort to more forceful methods in order to handle her.

"Please?" Evelina begged as if she already knew the reason for my refusal.

"We're heading to Vurdor tomorrow, Evelina," I reminded her, my tone firm and determined. "I need to handle everything quickly."

Evelina pressed her lips together and lowered her head, clearly understanding the urgency of the situation.

With her final nod, I turned on my heel and headed in another direction. "Tell the chef I want something sweet for dinner," I instructed her, hoping to give her something to focus on while she waited for my return.

I didn't wait for a response before I strode away, my mind already focused on the task at hand. I made my way down the fortress wall, my footsteps echoing through the busy corridor as I approached Glasha's room. The walls were made of solid stone, towering high above me and exuding a sense of power and strength. The sunlight cast warm light along the walls, and the occasional murmur of voices could be heard echoing in the distance.

Finally, I reached the door to her room. Two soldiers stood guard outside her door, their expressions stoic and unreadable. They both gave me a respectful nod as I approached. A servant stood nearby, holding a tray filled with a variety of foods, including a steaming bowl of soup. I could see that none of it had been touched.

"Good afternoon, Your Majesty," the soldiers greeted me in unison.

"Good afternoon," I replied, my eyes scanning the tray in front of me. I made sure that the chef who prepared her meal was the same one who cooked for me. I couldn't risk having her fall ill or be poisoned, and I had made it clear to all those in the fortress that anyone who dared to harm her would face severe consequences.

I replied with a nod of my head. "Is the food not to her liking?" I asked. "Or is she sick?" The latter question was just an additional inquiry, meant to verify her physical state and ensure that she was in good health.

The servant looked at me with a frown, his brow furrowed in worry. "We have already asked what she would like to eat, Your Majesty," he said, his voice trembling slightly. "But she did not answer. A healer also just checked on her this morning to make sure of her condition, but she says she is fine. However, she is a little weak since she has not been taking any sustenance."

I felt a sense of disbelief wash over me as I heard these words. The fact that she was not drinking, in addition to refusing food, was truly concerning. After all, the last war had been exhausting, and she needed to keep her strength up. I furrowed my brow and said, "She doesn't drink either?" My voice was tinged with disbelief, as I struggled to comprehend how anyone could refuse such basic necessities for survival.

The servant nodded his head, a solemn look on his face. "That's why we decided to report this to you," he said. The weight of the situation was palpable in the air, and I could sense the concern and fear in the servant's voice.

I asked once again, "Did she say something else? Any request perhaps?" My voice was filled with a sense of urgency.

The servant shook his head from side to side, his eyes downcast. "We also asked if she wants a specific kind of food, but she didn't answer," he said. "The only thing she said was that she asked to provide the food for her soldiers."

I let out a heavy sigh and muttered, "I see..." My mind raced with thoughts and possibilities, as I tried to come to terms with what this meant. It seemed clear to me that Glasha had every intention of starving herself to death.

With a deep breath, I spoke again, my voice resolute. "Don't let Evelina in," I commanded. I then turned to the servant and said, "You. Come with me." As if on cue, a soldier opened the door for me, and I entered the room, trailed by the servant who had brought the food.

I approached the bed where the princess of the orcs lay, my eyes fell upon Glasha, who lay with her eyes closed, ignoring my presence. My eyes narrowed, taking in the details of her appearance. Her skin was ashen, her lips chapped and dry, and her hair lank and lifeless. Though I was certain she was aware of my arrival, she made no move to acknowledge me, not even offering a simple greeting. She even refused to meet my gaze, instead keeping her eyes closed in a show of defiance.

With a cold and unwavering tone, I issued a command to the servant. "Place the food on the table," I said.

The servant hastened to carry out my orders, placing the tray of food and drink on the small wooden table that stood near the bed. The aroma of the steaming dishes wafted through the air, filling the room with the scent of roasted meats, baked bread, and rich stews.

Then the servant stepped back, waiting for my next command.

"Leave," I ordered, my voice carrying a hint of irritation.

The servant, sensing my sour mood, quickly bowed and retreated from the room, closing the door behind him and leaving Glasha and me alone.

I stood there in silence, my eyes fixed upon the princess of the orcs.

Note: pic is in discord channel.

>Read more than 106 chapter ahead of DKH  + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

13