Chapter 135. The Dragon, Orc and Minotaur I
1.7k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragon King's Harem Chapter 135. The Dragon, Orc and Minotaur I

We spent the next hour discussing the Minotaur tribe's attack and the Orcs that were getting closer to the border. As before, a crystal that projected images about the topography and the enemy's camp was on my desk. This time the crystal not only displayed that, but also the Spy Worms investigation about the tunnels.

As I expected, the Minotaur built a tunnel connecting their camp to the Firestone Fortress. The tunnel was neatly built and quite big. Not only using good materials, but they also used their skill to build it and make sure the tunnel was strong enough. The tunnel had three branches that would lead them to three different locations. Barracks, armory and the center. They also built another tunnel that connected to a cave so the Orcs could use them to arrive faster. So I expected them to attack faster than I had predicted.

The tunnels themselves were almost complete. It should have reached near the Fortress in a few days. The good news was, all supplies and reinforcements had arrived. That was one of Dragon Tribe's advantages. Since we could fly, we could go anywhere faster. If it weren't for my level, I would have chosen to fly to the Black Grotto instead of taking the road like we already did.

Minotaur's attacks have been getting more intense lately. If they previously attacked once a week, they had already attacked three times this week. Looked like they wanted to make sure we didn't find those tunnels. As for the Orcs, Al reported Uraugh mobilized his entire army for this battle. He even led his troops by himself and brought the two strongest men in his tribe. General Kul and Princess Glasha.

Yes, a princess, not a prince. Although Uraugh had a son and daughter, his son was a bit quiet and spent most of his time reading books in the palace. On the other hand, it was his daughter who spent more time fighting and leading the troops. According to rumors, the twins had a childhood trauma where they saw Uraugh kill their mother in front of them. The difference was, they face the trauma in different ways. His son decided to find a peaceful way to stop his father's violence. While his daughter was looking for more strength to defeat her father. So I was confused why the princess decided to help Uraugh for this war. But I was sure Uraugh had made an offer she couldn't refuse.

I turned to Sela who was sitting on my lap. Her body was facing to the side. Her back was leaning against my armrest so others could see my face clearly. Plus, she was smaller than me.
"Can you make two more bracelets for me?" I asked.

"Are you going to use it to control their leader?" she guessed. She looked restless since the bracelet couldn't control a king.

"You mean Uraugh and Minotaur King?" I chuckled.
"No. I'm not interested in sparing their lives. So I have to appoint another king who can be my puppet. I will make him a hero in their people's eyes after he accepts my agreement." A smirk appeared on my lips.
"But of course... I won't miss any compensation. They still have to pay for what they did." I knew this war was because of their king's selfishness. Many people didn't want it and they had no other choice but to pay for their king's crimes. It was not fair, yet I still had to give my punishment.

"I know it won't be easy. Orcs and Minotaur rely more on their muscles than their brains. They have always thought of themselves as a strong nation. Even if we win this war, I'm sure many of them will put up a fight. Between those two orc siblings, I don't know which one will obey me. So I chose both of them," I added.

Sela frowned upon my answer.
"If you don't want to enslave them, why don't you let everyone know about your kindness?" she asked in confusion. It was an extraordinary noble act and she was sure Argod would receive much praise for his compassion.

This time it was Al, Eir and General Guillotine who laughed.
"Lady Sela, if His Majesty did that, it would be tantamount to announcing that The Dragon King doesn't have the heart to take everything from his enemy. Some tribes would see that as a virtue, others would take it as an opportunity to launch an attack on us since the consequences weren't that bad," Al explained. Well, Sela didn't know much about this since she was more interested in learning everything related to making magical items.

That explanation left Sela speechless. As Al said, that put me and the previous Dragon Kings in a dilemma. On the one hand, we had to fulfill our vows, on the other hand, this world only saw our kindness as a weakness. I'd say playing the bad guy was a lot better than playing the good guy. A kind king who showed too much forgiveness would only invite greedy people who wanted to take over his throne. Whereas a cruel king would also invite the same thing for different reasons. So good and bad, I had to play it in a balanced way.

"But that doesn't mean I won't take their land," I added to Al's explanation. That made Sela turn to me.
"In a battle between kings, the loser must give their land to the winner. No one can avoid it." That was why I couldn't lose. And this was the reason why a king could have an Empire but he would never be recognized as Emperor. Although I admitted that a sole world emperor would be a peaceful option for this world. Unfortunately, I believed it would end up as endless slaughter and enslavement.

"War surely is a terrible thing," said Sela in a gloomy tone.

"Your Majesty." General Guillotine's voice made me turn to him.
"About the Minotaur's tunnels, should I order my troops to destroy them?" he asked.

"I have other plans for the tunnels," I said. And that plan would make us win the war easily.
"Instead I want you to dig some holes near the Fortress for me." It made them frown in confusion. While my smirk widened as I could imagine my enemy's bodies melting and disintegrating in the flames.

>Read more than 73 chapter ahead of DKH  + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord


36