Chapter 67: quiet
255 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 67: Quiet

The newest and seemingly most clueless lord who was around my age or a little younger spoke.

“Congratulations, Your Highness. I hope you and your fiancé have a...”

His words seemed heartfelt, which seemed to drive anger into one of the lords sitting across from him.

“You imbecile how you, how could anyone condone such blasphemy, no way I nor anyone should allow a demon and human to be together..!”

Gregor seemed to be full of comments.

One of the men next to him spoke, his way of speaking was like someone of rich origins, a cliche horrible accent.

“So... You're marrying that little w.h.o.r.e you saved yesterday...”

The man didn’t even notice my blade flying towards him. Before he knew it my blade was already stuck into the wall behind him. Dripping in the blood from his destroyed eye socket.

“Though you have to say, they do seem to fit well, a son of a w.h.o.r.e to be marrying one...”

The man sitting next to the corpse seemed to be in agreement, though he didn’t notice the corpse till his eyes opened after speaking.

One his eyes showed a form of surprise at the sudden death, my blade, already out of the wall, tore through his neck.

The blood-splattered towards one of the lords sitting next to him.

“It’s doesn’t matter what you may say about me or my new rules, but when it comes to the subject of someone I hold dear. I won’t stand to hear such disrespect.”

“Your Highness, you must be joking with us, that's, that...”

The lords around them seemed surprised and though a few didn’t seem to be fazed.

Though in the next few moments I cut the lords that seemed to be unable to adhere to my expectations.

I got rid of at least five of them may be more, the others luckily knew when to shut up and show respect.

Though most seemed to have just agreed to adhere because of the slaughter that just took place before there eyes.

I was hoping at least some of the lords wanted to change our society a little as I did.

“I’ve been meaning to get rid of some of these demon lords. I wanted to bring in more loyal, better people for the job, you can understand my reasoning.”

I looked at the others, the more impressionable ones.

The sat back almost fearful.

“That leads me to another subject, I’m thinking of stopping the ascension competition, it just seemed stupid to bring in new lords who don’t seem to do any better than old ones.”

I gestured to the dead and then to them.

“This should be much desired by you guys, it means you’ll have a permanent position. Well unless you don’t reach my expectations.”

I showed the blade edge toward them slightly, blood still fell from it.

“I do hope we all can work together, to better this s.h.i.t hole of a country, don’t you agree?”

It was a treat plain in simple, just to add a little more fear in the before getting back.

They just shook their heads and agreed.

I tore a piece of cloth off one of the dead and wiped the blood that remained on the blade.

“That’s good...”

I threw the piece of cloth to the man who still had blood splattered across his face.

“You got something right here.”

He didn't speak, none of them did.

“I like how quiet the room has gotten once we rooted out those pests... I really should have done that a long time ago...”

I walked over to the map on the table, a little bloody got on it. It’s to be expected, it’s also to be expected that the others continued to sit stunned in their seats.

“So how about we figure out what territory each of you will soon govern. Isn’t that reason for you calling me here?..”

I moved my eyes to them, a little fear could be seen in their eyes.

———-

To be continued

4