Chapter 81
140 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 81: Congratulations

-Leon’s POV-

We moved to a sitting room, one where nobles or people may speak or have conversations with one another.

It hasn’t been used for some time but it’s always been kept up with.

“Congratulations man, I honestly didn’t think you would be getting married before me, I feel a little left out.”

My face was as straight as ever.

Jesse spoke a light banter remark and his arm went around my shoulder much like friends might do.

Though I nudging of him off of me and spoke.

He walked over to the other chair across from me and Luna.

“What happened to that respectable way of speaking..? I kind of liked being spoken too with such courtesy.”

“I doubt talking in such a nonchalant manner would’ve be wise , especially when knowing you’ve failed your superior who threatened your life. But now that that’s out to the way we can at least go back to an informal way of speaking.”

“I guess your right.”

“You know I’m quite surprised myself, my lord. I knew you were... interested, dare I say quite smitten with Miss Luna, but I didn’t think that you’d pop the question so early in you two’s relationship. Though I’m not opposed.”

I looked to him and shook my head in slight agreement.

“It is a bit early, I wanted to wait a normal amount of time usual couples might take to get to that stage in one's relationship, but once I met her I instantly knew she was the one. Honestly, the whole reason I challenged the previous king was so that I could propose, to have her by my side with no objection.”

“What about you Luna, you haven’t spoken your thoughts on the matter.? You must be happy with the engagement, I mean you agreed so you must have wanted to as well.”

Luna got a little closer to Leon on the sitting chair, her hands were together between her legs.

“I’m happy he asked me, I really wanted to be with him too. At first, I didn’t feel worthy in a way, since I’m just some human girl who was his slave for a time. But I’m not scared or worried anymore about us being together, he’s shown that no matter what anyone says we’ll still be able to be together with no objection.”

Leon’s arm wrapped around her nudging her against him.

“Yes, she told me that we couldn’t be together, that night I left, and that was what I thought about throughout the competition. It didn’t occur to me that there might be some opposition from others. All I focused on was us being together, that was all I wanted and it might have been not possible. So once I realized that I knew I had to be at the top to have what I wanted.”

Mable across next to Jesse spoke.

“That’s so sweet, it’s a forbidden romance that was finally able to have a happy ending.”

“Well it’s not over yet, we still have to get married. We do need help planning it, Thomas have you ever done something like that before?.”

“Oh, well I’ve never planned a full wedding before, I have done engagement parties and balls. I do know a few people who would be better suited for the job, I could always bring them in the help with the preparations.”

“Of course it might be a challenge, though I know you can handle it. I’m the king now, so whoever you might need as help can be at your disposal.”

“We can discuss finer details at a later time.”

“Of course.”

————

To be continued

2