84
127 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 84: Letter

(Leon’s POV)

It’s been a few days, about a week or so since arriving back at the manor.

I’ve made arrangements to settle here for a while before returning to the capital, I like to think of it as an early honeymoon of sorts.

Though I do my normal work during the day, I still spend as much time as I can with Luna.

Luna was still in bed, she seemed a bit tired.

I’ve been keeping her up pretty late, almost every night, it seems it’s waying on her a little.

Usually Luna and I get up somewhat early together, but lately she hasn’t wanted to get  up as early.

So I decided just to leave her to sleep and come back after doing my morning training.

I know Luna likes my physique so I don’t want to loose it.

I also don’t want my skills to lesson.

I was on my way back, about to walk to the stairs.

Though I met Thomas along the way back, I thought it would be good to catch up.

———-

“Yes my lord, I’ve gotten in contact with those planners I told you about. They’ll arrive in a few days or so. Sorry I couldn’t get in touch with them sooner, they seemed to move from where they were the last time I contacted them.”

“It’s alright, just make sure they know where the wedding will be held and to what extent it should be delt with.”

“Of course. You still wish for the wedding to be an open-air style venue.”

“Yes, make sure the garden overlooking the cliffside is properly groomed.”

“Will do, but before I leave you, I just received a letter, it’s from Sir William.”

“What’s the contents.?”

“I didn’t get to reading it, it just came in. It’s addressed to you.”

“Give it here.”

Thomas handed me the letter, the contents as stated.

—Dear Leon Vanity, I heard of your engagement from my son. I also heard of you becoming the demon king. Though this letter isn’t to ask for an invitation to your wedding or congratulation, it’s a summons. I’m at the southern border, it seems soldiers from the country of Lastis are invading the territory. I hope you can resolve this matter quickly, you are the Demon King after all. -Sir William—

“Thomas go to Jesse and bring him up on the situation, here take this as well. He’ll probably do it in a timelier fashion if he were to hear it from his father. We’ll need to discuss what to do further about the situation.”

“What do you plan to do, my lord? Don’t tell me you’re planning to rush out there to fight the invading forces.”

“No, no, I’ve been wanting to use that treaty I had drawn up for quite some time. I’m the Demon King, it shouldn’t be a problem to get a response from Latis’ King if I were to ask for a meeting. Though if I have to I’ll take down anyone who might cause problems.”

“How do you know he’ll agree to meet with you?”

————-

2