Chapter 100
117 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 100: Parting Gift

-Leon’s POV-

I knelt down to their level and spoke.

“You don’t have to worry, we’re not leaving you here.”

Luna looked up at me and spoke.

“Can we really take him with us.?”

I put my hand on her head.

“You’re marrying the demon king, as long as your by my side nothing you wish for is  impossible...”

I got up and stood straight looking down and then around.

“Plus.. after seeing what conditions the two of you grew up in first hand, I wouldn’t think it would be great to leave him here.”

————

I whistled loudly and a couple of soldiers came from behind the carriage.

I told them to wait out, to not let themselves be seen till I told them too.

They came and I spoke.

“Help them get to the carriage, and get him cleaned up.”

The brother spoke as he was getting help from the carriage.

He spoke to his sister would be holding one side of him.

“Sister, di. did he say, demon king..?”

Luna moved her eyes from toward the carriage to back at me, I was turning to her father at this point, she then spoke.

“Yes.”

Though that wasn’t an answer I could hear.

Now it was time to get rid of some trash.

The middle-aged man was still on the ground not moving I picked him up and tossed him.

I threw the man in the house, looking around it was a mess.

I flipped a gold coin. Looking at the side it landed on. This man was this coin, either he could continue his ways or just be better. I tossed the coin to him. His hand instinctually landed on his chest to catch it. 

His face, almost blue from loss of circulation, looked at the coin and then looked at me.

This single coin, if used correctly could last a person in this area a few weeks. Most slaves could be bought with this as well. 

“Why would you give this to me, after all that.?”

“Huh(Sigh), though I don’t condone your actions as a father, I do have to thank you, without your selfish thirst for money I wouldn’t have met your daughter...”

“But this isn’t some dowry or bargain for your blessing, your thoughts aren’t worth anything to me...”

“No, Just think of it as a farewell gift, because after today you’ll never see your children again, you’ll also never see your grandchild, though such things probably wouldn’t have mattered to you anyway.”

I walked out the door though stopped and turned before exiting the abode.

“Be glad I showed you such kindness..“

I left the house slamming the door and went for the carriage.

Along the short path to the said carriage, all the tension and agitation left me.

Once I noticed Luna and Noah together sitting near the carriage I was back to my normal self.

One of the female guards was tending the wound on Noah's face, shards of glass stuck in, and were now being pulled out.

Luna sat there next to him holding his hand, looking at her as I came up reminded me of a guardian angel of sorts.

Once I came close and Noah noticed my arrival he stood up and bowed abruptly.

“Demon king, thank you..!”

He turned to his sister as he spoke and then looked back to me.

“My sister told me of how you protected her these last few months, I thank you for that and I’d like to apologize for acting rudely before, I had...”

He must have changed his attitude toward me because I’m the demon king.

“Please sit and finish getting fixed up, you were just beaten pretty badly.”

“But, I...”

“You don’t need to thank me for doing something I wanted to and you don’t need to apologize for a matter like that..”

“Now sit..”

He sat and continued with the treatment. Luna looked at me with warm thankful eyes and a cute little content smile.

I looked back at her with much of the same expression.

I walked closer to her and crouched down closer to her level, reaching my hand to her cheek.

“Are you okay, so much stuff happened I didn’t check on you..?”

She was facing me on the other side of the bench she was on so we were kind of in our own separate world.

She put her hand over mine on her cheek and moved it to her stomach, smiling.

“Yes, we’re fine, all thanks to you.”

I got up helping Luna as well and spoke.

“Is he almost ready.?”

“Yes sir, I just need to bandage him.”

“Alright, get ready to depart everyone.!”

Luna and I got in the carriage, her brother followed.

The group of us all left along the trail getting ready to get back home.

There was still so much to look forward too.

—————

To be continued

2