Chapter 114
99 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 114: Not Alone

The two groups followed us and we entered the manor.

Some servants following Thomas’s direction came in afterward with luggage.

The group looked around the manors the main entranceway, it wasn’t elegant.

Though it had a warm yet noble feel to it.

I spoke.

“This abode probably wasn’t what the sum of you were expecting when meeting the demon king, was it?..”

Some shook their head in compliance though the Elven prince spoke quite frankly.

Answering the question I uttered.

“I’m not complaining about our accommodations, but when hearing word of where were would go as to meet you, I wasn’t expecting you to reside here...”

I spoke afterward.

“Many people ponder of why I chose to live here, it is a valid question. I honestly just find this place charming, it is where the hustle and bustle of the capital, the annoyances of an overly large castle are none existent. This has been my home for a long time, being the demon king won’t change that.”

“It isn’t as luxurious as the palace in the capital, but please get comfortable. You did just come from a long trip.”

The rabbit granny spoke.

“Shouldn’t we have some meetings about diplomacy..? It is still mid-day.”

“I won’t be expecting much negotiations today, I’d rather you all get some rest and settle in today. Negotiations, peaceful talks can always wait.”

Luna spoke after me.

“For those who wish to settle themselves into their rooms and rest, please follow me.”

The Elven wife whispered in her husband's ear and followed Luna.

“Those who wish to continue speaking with my husband please let him escort you to the sitting room.”

I did expect her to be so forward though it was quite a good proposition.

I guess she’s trying to be a good hostess.

Which was kind of cute, I looked at her as she spoke with loving eyes, though once she stopped I spoke afterward.

“Yes, the sitting room is just this way.”

We both parted as we went into different parts of the manor.

————

-Luna’s POV

The elf was walking side by side with me and spoke.

“Seeing that your reputation precedes you is quite interesting if I dare say.”

I looked at her inquisitively and spoke in the same tone.

“My reputation..?”

“The Elven continent is quite intrigued about the infamous woman who tamed the Demon King’s, cold heart. I didn’t believe it at first hearing about it. Though now seeing the way you took charge, as well as the way he looks at you, it quite obvious what’s true and what’s not.”

I put my hand to my mouth and laughed.

“Haha, I guess I have tamed him in some way... What about you, such beauty must have taken the heart of the crown prince, in much of the same way... Your husband must be delighted to have you by his side.”

“Your too kind, though I could say the same about you... Having an adorable wife and what looks like a child on the way, the demon king must be a lucky man.”

“Oh, you can tell, even with all these garments on?..”

“It’s hard not to miss it, you look like you about to burst, maybe a month or two left. Though don’t worry, your not alone.”

“You’re with child as well..?”

“Yes, though only in the first few weeks along.”

She looked down at her belly, her hands sort of cradling it.

“Huh, the poor thing I fear will have a lonely childhood in the Elven territory.”

“Why do you say that..?”

“The Elven community doesn’t have children very often, we have a small birth rate within the community, and being of a royal line doesn’t help. Though with how we evolved I guess he’ll have a long time to make friends.”

“How has your race evolved..?”

“The average Elven lifespan is much longer than that of a human, for example, guess how old I am.”

“You look close to my own age, maybe in your twenties or thirties..”

“Haha, you really are sweet... I’m actually almost a 100 years old now, there are those much older than I in our country.”

“That’s amazing, though it sounds like a lonely existence. No wonder you worry about your child.. but you don’t have to worry much anymore, as long as our countries are on good terms our children could always visit. Though it might be only a few times a year, they could still form a friendship.”

“I guess your right.”

We made it to the room.

“Here we are, our butler will have your luggage here shortly, if you need anything please let me or our head butler know.”

“Yes, thank you.”

“Your welcome.”

I was going to leave though she spoke once more.

“Thank you for the talk as well, we should do it again, maybe tomorrow, while our husbands are talking foreign policy.”

“Sure, it’ll be good to have more people to interact with.”

The door shut and I walked off.

———-

To be continued

2